Right To Farm Law? Not If You Have Neighbors!

t-pain

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140504/POLITICS02/305040028/New-Michigan-urban-farm-policy-creates-more-uncertainty

The commission decided protections against nuisance lawsuits and complaints offered by Michigan’s 33-year-old Right to Farm Act won’t apply to farm animal raisers in primarily residential areas. Instead, they’ll be subject to local zoning regulations.

so i take it someone rich and powerful didnt like the neighbor having some chickens lol.

whats a farm animal.why a chicken and not a horse? not trying to offend horses, but I dealt with this. my township of armpit has an ord. to that effect, I had to lose chickens and compaintant has horses. mind you I said chickens not roosters.  this is twnshp outside any city limits. It was bull,

it's likely not the rich and famous, but the large corpo gov we've put into place. Monsanto for one, regularly confiscates personal belongings, farms, equipment from farmers who are collecting seeds form their heritage crops. They also will soon eliminate our heritage bees, just in time for the new genetically modified bees, the ones that need to be purchased each year, and sprayed often with their products to survive. Similar action has resulted right here in MI with the "feral pig" farms. YOu know, that same breed of pigs that these farmers have raised for a century. The Big M already has a new and improved pig to replace them.

After all it might just be that people practicing self sufficiency are a threat to the corpo ways. People healing themselves with ancient herbs are routinely attacked in the public and in court. Farmers are forced to seed, feed, and spray according to the M, Bayer, Pfizer Drugs, etc. Pfizer makes chicken feed, antibiotics recall...... :growl:

After all it might just be that people practicing self sufficiency are a threat to the corpo ways. People healing themselves with ancient herbs are routinely attacked in the public and in court. Farmers are forced to seed, feed, and spray according to the M, Bayer, Pfizer Drugs, etc. 

People practicing self sufficiency are a threat to the company store ! 

Edited by knucklehead bob

its weird because at first i was like...

cool

i have a neighbor about 2-3 streets over who has at least one rooster..

in the summer it starts cackling at BFE am

i would not mind someone silencing that beastly animal in my neighborhood...

however that being said i am saddened by our loss of yet more rights to make ourselves self sustainable in todays world...

rabbits, chickens and other small game animals have been kept by homeowners since the beginning of human organized development...

why stop us now?  big corporate interests would be the only possible answer that fits.

flower them.

I agree, self sustainability threatens their profits.  I don't understand how this can be in reality.

imo, there is a large enough percentage of people who do not practice self sustainability for

numerous reasons.  That still leaves corporate with the largest piece of the populace to profit

off of.  Never understood why 'they' feel the need to have it 'all'. 

Oh yeah, it is not so much about the $$... it is about the POWER.

Flower them.