Best Portable Vaporizer For Flower

I'm looking to purchase a portable vaporizer and was wondering what the MMMA communities' thoughts are.  I have a MFLB, but I've never liked it.  Too difficult to use, and I end up combusting most of what's in there.  I've had it for a year or more, but haven't touched it in 6 months or more.

Requirements?  I just want it to work, and work well.  And I'd like it to be easy to use (unlike the MFLB).  Everything else is secondary.  I'd like it to heat up quickly, fast recharging would be nice, super discreet would be great, but they are all secondary to it working well.

After doing a fair amount of research online I'm leaning towards the following models (in no particular order):

--Arizer Solo

--DaVinci Ascent

--Firefly

--Pax Ploom

Any thoughts?  I'd love feedback from the community - thanks!

I ended up getting a Pinnacle Pro as it seemed a good compromise of features and price.  I've had it for about a week and like the way it works for the most part.  I only have two complaints:

1) It takes too long to heat up (IMHO).  I've clocked it and it can take 3.5 minutes to warm up to 395 degrees.  Reviews on line were talking 90 seconds.  Please.

2) The "bullet" that you put the herb in is metal.  If you want to remove it at the end of a session it is HOT and takes a couple of minutes to cool down.

Other than that, it's simple, it works, it's not terribly large, and you get nice, big hits, and no combustion at all.  

The Davinci Ascent is a very nice unit.

It heats up quickly, and because of the use of glass and ceramic it doesn't have metal screens to clog up and cleans easy.

Also, on the important things for me, you can use it while it is charging!

I had an issue with the power jack getting lose after about 3 months, but Davinci replaced it under 1 year warranty no problem.

Thanks to BDT for printing me a copy of the receipt.

My original receipt had faded to nearly nothing after just 3 months.

• 2 weeks later...

@MedicatedJester - Of those models, I would go Firefly, Pax, Ascent and then the Solo. 

The Firefly is the best overall portable vaporizer. Quick convection heating, easy cleaning/maintenance and produces the best vapor quality that I have tested in a portable. If you want best vapor quality, easy to clean and quick heat up times then the Firefly might be better for you. Downside being the weight and size. It's also one of the biggest portables. 

The Pax is the most portable/discrete vaporizer. I can completely palm it in my hand and conceal it anywhere if I need to. The vapor quality isn't quite as good as the Firefly and it takes quite a bit more cleaning. The Pax is perfect if you need absolute portability and don't mind a little bit of cleaning and maintenance. 

The Ascent has the best battery of any of the portables I've tested. It also has one of the largest bowls. It can do both dry herbs or oils although I only really recommend it for dry herbs because of the mess it makes with oils. The Ascent if perfect if you like LONG session vapes. Meaning you can sit and puff on it for like 20+ minutes. It's also really good if you are going to be vaping with 3+ people. You can use the unit while charging and the easy to read/use display is pretty nice. I prefer the other two models above the Ascent because it takes me way longer to get medicated with the Ascent. The hits aren't quite as dense and I'm the type of person that likes to take 2-3 hits, put it away and be done. 

The Solo is nice if you're going to be using it at home. The Solo produces great vapor quality and you can easily pick up the GonG adapter and hydrotube to turn this into a great water piece. It's just not the most portable because of the glass draw stem that isn't attached to the unit. I do still use my Solo and i've had it for years but it's usually when I'm sitting on the couch watching Arrow or Archer. 

Storz and Bickel just released the crafty and mighty (pretty expensive) and I also like the Haze dual bowl vaporizer. 

Basically it all comes down to your needs. Will you just be using it for dry herbs? What kind of budget are you on? Do you want extreme portability or do you want the best vapor quality? 

Let me know if you have any other questions. I currently have about 15+ portables. 

Edited by VaporizerWizard

• 4 weeks later...

@MedicatedJester - Of those models, I would go Firefly, Pax, Ascent and then the Solo. 

The Firefly is the best overall portable vaporizer. Quick convection heating, easy cleaning/maintenance and produces the best vapor quality that I have tested in a portable. If you want best vapor quality, easy to clean and quick heat up times then the Firefly might be better for you. Downside being the weight and size. It's also one of the biggest portables. 

The Pax is the most portable/discrete vaporizer. I can completely palm it in my hand and conceal it anywhere if I need to. The vapor quality isn't quite as good as the Firefly and it takes quite a bit more cleaning. The Pax is perfect if you need absolute portability and don't mind a little bit of cleaning and maintenance. 

The Ascent has the best battery of any of the portables I've tested. It also has one of the largest bowls. It can do both dry herbs or oils although I only really recommend it for dry herbs because of the mess it makes with oils. The Ascent if perfect if you like LONG session vapes. Meaning you can sit and puff on it for like 20+ minutes. It's also really good if you are going to be vaping with 3+ people. You can use the unit while charging and the easy to read/use display is pretty nice. I prefer the other two models above the Ascent because it takes me way longer to get medicated with the Ascent. The hits aren't quite as dense and I'm the type of person that likes to take 2-3 hits, put it away and be done. 

The Solo is nice if you're going to be using it at home. The Solo produces great vapor quality and you can easily pick up the GonG adapter and hydrotube to turn this into a great water piece. It's just not the most portable because of the glass draw stem that isn't attached to the unit. I do still use my Solo and i've had it for years but it's usually when I'm sitting on the couch watching Arrow or Archer. 

Storz and Bickel just released the crafty and mighty (pretty expensive) and I also like the Haze dual bowl vaporizer. 

Basically it all comes down to your needs. Will you just be using it for dry herbs? What kind of budget are you on? Do you want extreme portability or do you want the best vapor quality? 

Let me know if you have any other questions. I currently have about 15+ portables. 

Anyone who posts here have any experience with the firefly and hash oil?