I Thought They Shut Down Almost All The Compassion Clubs?

Big Jae

Last time I looked all the compassion clubs / business' are all shut down in the mid Michigan area. I live closer to the Saginaw Bay and the last I was told was the guy who owned a large club who is a friend of the family got raided and charged for everything like there wasn't even a medical law. I was also told they were even including big clumps of soil the roots were holding when they pulled each plant out to get a total weight. Man you guys are lucky if you have a cool prosecutor in your area. Just think if the made it work we could probably have new roads being built everywhere.

There isn't a medical law when you are charged federally. You can't even speak of a medical law or state if you are charged federally.

Drive through lansing and you can stop at ten "compassion" clubs. Look for a group of young men smoking cigs outside. Big pot leaf pictures....you found it!

Look up "got meds lounge" when you get a chance. This is the low of the lows for compassion clubs and big old black eye for medical marijuana.

There isn't a medical law when you are charged federally. You can't even speak of a medical law or state if you are charged federally.

Drive through lansing and you can stop at ten "compassion" clubs. Look for a group of young men smoking cigs outside. Big pot leaf pictures....you found it!

Look up "got meds lounge" when you get a chance. This is the low of the lows for compassion clubs and big old black eye for medical marijuana.

Oh I had no clue it was like that down there, totally different here. They would all get arrested in a heartbeat up here.

Yeah, lots going on in Lansing, but everything is pretty shady. There are one or two nice spots where you can spend $60 an 1/8.

I'd love to open one. New glass cases, gloves and tweezers to handle meds, complementary tea, and a staff that knows the difference between indica, sativa, afghanica, and ruderalis. $5 per gram. Period. No drug weight lingo. You buy 1, 5, 15, or 30 grams. A constant menu with round the clock availability and a rotating selection as well.

I will admittedly need help with concentrates.

One can dream, right?

Edited by suneday11

This is a divergence from the original compassion club model. I do not know the current state of compassion clubs statewide, but an early (and unsolved) MMMA problem was maintaining a unified understanding of what a compassion club is. There are various compassion clubs around the state, some of which are simply lounges hosting a perpetual meet and greet, while others are publicly-hosted informational meetings, without cannabis use.

Birmingham Compassion is the latter, held in the Birmingham Baldwin Public Library once a month. We will resume meetings at some point.

Got meds is a lounge for purchase, use, and anything else one could construe out of those facts. I'm not sure how I personally feel about that one, but I know others in the area (the shady one's) seem to be gravitating toward use and distibution. The older locations are more of what you spoke of (info, meetings) and more of what I think of when I hear about a compassion club.

I still drive by it and try to label it. Mostly I call it a joke, but you are right and my post made it pretty clear that a compassion club has become a convoluted concept....at least for me.

Edited by suneday11

To compete in Detroit your club would have to distribute to the budless masses, as do our disensaries who call themselves compassion clubs.  You'd have to sell to everyone who walks in the door with a card---a michigan driver's license card or a michigan id card.

It was only last month that i discovered how Detroit compassion clubs have 'evolved' since 2011 when I last ran a dispensary. They are now distribution centers not bound by the MMMP--what a perversion of our law.  In Detroit we already have recreational mj.  We operate without reference to the limits of the state law of 2008. In 2011 the concept of public info meetings was dead, but do you have a card? still meant mmmp card.  No more.

Boy did i feel out of date when I learned this.

when will the brazen dispensaries cease checking ID ?

We send in our papers to verify the applicant as a real patient registered to the state, before we supply them or grow for them.

If that is not their concern, why not just have them sign a paper swearing they are not leo, then pack their sacks with the OG?

Yeah, lots going on in Lansing, but everything is pretty shady. There are one or two nice spots where you can spend $60 an 1/8.

I'd love to open one. New glass cases, gloves and tweezers to handle meds, complementary tea, and a staff that knows the difference between indica, sativa, afghanica, and ruderalis. $5 per gram. Period. No drug weight lingo. You buy 1, 5, 15, or 30 grams. A constant menu with round the clock availability and a rotating selection as well.

I will admittedly need help with concentrates.

One can dream, right?

I was talking to my mom when we passed this bank which recently closed but their building is nice of course with the 4 lane drive thru and the vacuum tubes like most banks. Wouldn't that be a great place to put a dispensary? You have people who have real bad ailments use the drive through vacuum or whoever wants to (I think a lot of people would) and you would already have the huge safe inside along with the top of the line security system, high counters to be remanufactured to have glass shelves for items. It would run good with minimal staff because just like a bank many people just go through drive through quickly. I don't know, just thought I'd put that out there to see what you guys thought of the idea. The building is nice, landscaping nice, locations are always in prime spots...Just thinking out loud

They all check id's where I'm from.

your county is solvent, but not all gov bodies are--some folks cling to the fiction the mmma is a statewide law:  to whom?

only if the state funds will there be enforcement

there isn't in wayne county or in detroit city

to disps and to growers in those 2 it is a fact--FACT-- that invites scoffing

wayne county is bankrupt, about to be taken over by an e.m.

detroit just came out of bk and can't afford street lamps or processsing rape kits.

your wife or daughter gets raped too bad, wayne and detroit cannot afford to process the evidence--the guys are let go and run free 

when a jurisdictrion can't afford to enforce the lesser laws and tinier functions of gov, like mj and rape, scofflaws abound

and the mmmp is a MUCH lesser law in wayne county!!

pls be real--REAL

there is no mmmp enforcement except by serendipity, and she don't pay the freight

get over it

until/unless the state funds enforcement in detroit and wayne--the law is do as you please.

the rest of the state is to fault--have treated detroit and wayne as a bothersome zit, not as arms and legs chopped off the patient, cause to do more would be to fund it by the state but legislators and voters demand the $ for their own district.

so--we have no enforcement.

cry me a river

for the moment, deal and plant as u wish

Edited by pic book

One thing alone will make it a statewide law----------tax it .

anything that produces tax revenue gets statewide attention as well as local enforcement.  Think tobacco.

i wish folks would get REAL.  Neither compasssion nor laws on the books cause compliance.

Fear of consequences fuels compliance.

Edited by pic book

in detroit there is no consequence for selling to a disp.

no patients who complain, who buy most things from a disp regardless what a cg provides.

take the $140 an oz for all the ozs you can bring, at $140.

no record of the sale for any purpose, just pocket the cash.

$140 is not $200 but then, there's no giving it for free to registered peeps who can't afford to buy it.

Edited by pic book

I think  Genesee County has been on the safe side from the start or 2008-09 it was the place to move too if you wanted to grow and sell cannabis and now its over and maybe we can get all the sick together as one it is the only way to keep what we have left of the Law 

But who knows if that will even help now imho it may be way to late because Lansing has there eye on the money that is being made ( Cash ) 

That number you would like is very very hard to get the Government doesn't want to give number like that it is just like the numbers we get with driving under influence of cannabis the Government always give us just the cannabis but never tell that Booz was the real cause 

Because the driver could had used cannabis a week ago but he  had just drink 20 beer's