Medical Marijuana Facility To Educate On Cannabis Opens In Mid-Michigan

MT. MORRIS, MI (WNEM) -

A first of it's kind business is open in Mid-Michigan. 

It's not a dispensary, but more like a farmer's market for marijuana.

"So far it's been a wonderful experience," said Margaret Muxlow, patient.

She's been using medical marijuana for about five years to ease extreme physical pain. 

"It's given me a better quality of life actually. I can get up and enjoy things, keeps me focused and engaged with family and grandkids," Muxlow said.

On Friday she checked out a new facility for medical cannabis. It's called Herbal Centre located in Mt. Morris on Dort Highway.

"Basically we're just trying to give a safe place for someone to meet a caregiver, even find out about cannabis. We're offering classes, growing classes, legal classes, so that's what we're trying to do here," said Robb Lapeen, member of Herbal Centre.

Lapeen said there is a doctor on staff to help patients determine what will work best for their ailments. 

Lapeen said what sets them apart is how hard they work to keep everything completely legal for the caregivers and patients. By all accounts the law is full of gray areas and it's easy to stray away from it. 

"We've got security up here, we're working directly with the township. The chief of police has approved everything that we're doing and they come by and monitor what we're doing up here as a benefit to us," Lapeen said.

Herbal Centre is one of the first of it's kind. It provides a farmer's market like atmosphere for caregivers to talk to patients.

"I would like more people to get into this and get on the internet and research cannabis and what the benefits are. You'd be amazed at what it can do for your life," Lapeen said.

For Muxlow, she said what it did was give her back her life. Living day to day has been significantly better since she began using medical marijuana.

"I think it's wonderful. I hope it continues to grow and more people accept it more readily," she said.

Read more: http://www.wnem.com/story/29252775/medical-marijuana-facility-to-educate-on-cannabis-opens-in-mid-michigan#ixzz3cHrDgAuC

I recall a few dispensaries and a farmers market, both receiving praise from the local police when they saw there were no sales to more than five patients,  only to employ them later to direct traffic during the raids shortly after their registers were stocked.  I hope this one works out better than those did.

"By all accounts the law is full of gray areas and it's easy to stray away from it."

famous last words^^

Farmers Markets(table rentals)/dispensaries(counter sales) are about the only "gray areas" I know of.  Teaching by example is very effective.

How much will it cost a caregiver to "talk to patients" at the facility all day I wonder? 

...and I want legal farmers markets too, and dispensaries for those without cg's. what cg doesn't want to sell to more than their own five patients??

I find it very difficult to "stray" from that Act rule myself, but that's just me I guess.

Edited by grassmatch

I wonder if it might be a good idea for these places to offer some kind of mock raid drills and how to not talk to leo classes?

I would certainly attend these type of classes.

"Lapeen said what sets them apart is how hard they work to keep everything completely legal for the caregivers and patients."

Not sure how a farmers market allows for 'completely legal' per how I interpret "legal"..

although, I do so enjoy a trip to canna market and prefer this model of exchange over any other I've experienced.

I wonder if it might be a good idea for these places to offer some kind of mock raid drills and how to not talk to leo classes?

I would certainly attend these type of classes.

"Lapeen said what sets them apart is how hard they work to keep everything completely legal for the caregivers and patients."

Not sure how a farmers market allows for 'completely legal' per how I interpret "legal"..

although, I do so enjoy a trip to canna market and prefer this model of exchange over any other I've experienced.

Still one of my favorite videos. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc