Woman Who Ran Two Marijuana Dispensaries In Kent County Gets Jail, Lecture From Judge

bobandtorey

gm people realy need to use their imagination, there is absolutly no reason to compost budds!  I am still using what I got a week before christmas, and im sure it would be good a yr from now, w/o saying to break the law, their are ways to make jars air tight, glass normaly dont break underground, (i used to be a bottle collector, I found bottles from the 20's 4 ft under ground in perfect conditon) sure the lids would corrode after a few yrs, but their is no reason for anything of value to be buried that long, it is called rotation! and the beauty is you dont have to do anything ilegal on your property!  we have public land, I dont know any one that compost's their overages, I know people who try too grow less so they dont go over, but I wouldnt play that game, I have known the forrest where I am at for 47 yrs!  It would be so easy for me to have a rotating safe spot not on my property!

Peace

Thanks Jim

I know people who try too grow less so they don't go over, but I wouldn't play that game ? I'm sure you nor no one would or should but believe it or not if someone has cannabis for  medical use,  

They are playing the game thats why i don't grow cannabis i know to much and see to much i just did ask a cannabis Lawyer when could i plug a light inn he said today of course as long as you still have your card 

Then i ask could he promise me i wouldn't end up like Hartwick with 2-40 years he didn't say anything until the High Court gives me the go ahead i'll let everyone here know 

Sorry just my own opinnio anyone can be out of  compliance  of the Law  that was the main reason Sec 8 was put their 

I was always able to access cannabis and sure didn't need a store front to do so.

If there is no one putting a 'bug' in the ear of our gov't entities then someone please

explain why now my Mayor who is very liberal on cannabis has the idea that home grows

are dangerous and should not be in residential areas?

i think you already know the answer but here it is anyway Billy bong thats an easy one 

Hope things our good with you

Exactly!  and thats why i will discard any overages that my patients didnt take without regret. never risking any buried overages or such, a very safe way to go right?

You would think so

Maybe, being safe is up to each one like for me being safe is not growing cannabis thats the safest way fine something to make money ( if that is what your looking for ) other ways without even handling the Evil Weed 

You would think so

Maybe, being safe is up to each one like for me being safe is not growing cannabis thats the safest way fine something to make money ( if that is what your looking for ) other ways without even handling the Evil Weed

Can you still grow after your plea?

Edited by beourbud

I was always able to access cannabis and sure didn't need a store front to do so.

If there is no one putting a 'bug' in the ear of our gov't entities then someone please

explain why now my Mayor who is very liberal on cannabis has the idea that home grows

are dangerous and should not be in residential areas?

go to your city concil  meetings and you can answer your own question!

edit= im not worried about where to get mmj, I have never had a problem in that area.

I guess I should clarify my posistion on despense's,,,,,they are not legal, keeping that in mind, I am glad there are some for the people who cant get it else where,  Beleive it or not, not all pt's used mj when they were growing up, they have just realized the medicinal benny's to it and they want to try it and get off of all the narcotics they are on, or maybe nothing else is working for them and mm at least cuts the pain and puts them in a better/happier state of mind!

Truly I am ok with despenses, no I wont use one, I will never need to, I know to many people all over the u.s for me to have to get it from a despense, plus I havent paid for mj in I dont know how long, I gave my first c.g a deposit, he ran off with it, but I got it back lol! my current c.g dont charge me cash, I do alot for him and him me, I give him stuff all the time, balllast's, a tent he wanted for a mother plant, a snowmobile trailer, I have given him alot of stuff in place of cash, and no I did not have to, but if I have something im thinking of selling, like a snow mobile trailer, I ask him if he wants it first, if he does I give it to him,

did I say my c.g and myself are only aquantance's, we are by far not friends, we get along, but we dont agree on anything in life, I truly only want to see him on med day and im pos he feels the same way, I dont bug him when he dont get his crop done when he says, I know how to grow and know you just cant schedual mm crops lol!  so I dont give him a hard time when he dont get it to me when he first says he will, his other pt's raise all kinds of hell, and he has been thru quite a few for that reason, and me a not friend is still one of his pt's,,,,and It wouldnt break my heart if he wanted to quit me, Im ready to start back up my self any time now!

I recieved 2 whole plants a week before christmas, I still have some of them meds left, I just recieved my next amount, Im not realy pleased, but I wont say anything this time, next time I will let him know I didnt get what I was supposed to get, and I dont want it dried by him, I want it fresh cut at the stalk and I dry and cure it my self!  like we agreed on in the beginning!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

Would dispensaries try so hard to get Mi Legal Lies passed if they were already legal?

Legal Lies won't fly. We the People want to help the needy, not the greedy. Besides the dispensaries have proven themselves lightning rods and hotbeds of criminal activity.

Abrogate allows for Farmers Markets, disp, co ops. Pt/Pt. what's not to like?

Abrogate.......Free the Weed

Cannabis is a great compost btw

I havent seen any abrogate petitions where I live, I would most def sign if I had a chance to, I will sign all of them!

Peace

(devils advocate?)

maybe a patient with some cg supplied poorly grown cannabis complained out loud. I've seen my share of "my last cg's schwag" from newly registered patients. This might be a demographics issue too?  I can recognize chitty grower areas when I interview patients from the same areas. poopy meds are poopy meds.

craps me up when forums are always coming up with ways to skip steps, cheat, grow on a shoestring, etc. They almost exclusively seek advice from others chronically suffering from the same issues. Its no wonder we have  growers perpetuating subpar meds, to patients, and to dispensaries.

alternatively, striving to provide the best, reinvesting in proper controls, addressing issues not symptoms....might prevent growers from tripping over dollars to pick up nickels. It might have been a bad grower showing moldy meds to someone who showcased it.  That grower decided to skip the dehuey  use subpar lighting  grew on a wet floor....but at least that strain was his most affordable lol. Maybe one grower with crappy supply influenced many decisions, many patient outcries.......

or maybe, since dispensaries buy overages from growers not caring to stay within the law, why would we expect them to stay within viable grow conditions underground?  Maybe dispensaries are receiving all of the marijuana that NO patient with a cg would be interested in. The representation of medical grows would be under fire if sacks of mold were coming in daily for the resale.

If I was a dispensary, and overages were moldy often, and a newspaper asked me about the state of cannabis quality in that area.....the answer would be obvious, and some would run with it.

in 2008 many were trying all kinds of tricks to grow. still are. just take a look at the scene, the jars at the disp, the quality......says alot, about something, someone, and their garden habits. 

I know growers who supply them, I also know plants sometimes fail, evident at the sample table if not sooner. a cropper wont discard failed cannabis, they'll make some concoction to recoup cash. how might they do that?  HA!!!!   dispensaries arent too discerning. Look at the price differences on the counter, evidently decided by a disp buyer, after a toke and a view, according to their "quality"  Caveat Emptor, and thanks crappy growers, for ruining it for others, and spreading your tricks and shoestring grow ideals.

I blame crappy growers for crappy supply. I blame growers for moldy cannabis. I dont blame the buyers of that moldy supply, just the growers. if the growers mold is causing raucous I blame the grower.  Maybe it feels better to not talk about moldy marijuana, but it exists.  Just google

"what to do with moldy marijuana"...thats where moldy mj goes.......I wont protect a moldy cannabis grower, sorry.

(devils advocate?)

maybe a patient with some cg supplied poorly grown cannabis complained out loud. I've seen my share of "my last cg's schwag" from newly registered patients. This might be a demographics issue too?  I can recognize chitty grower areas when I interview patients from the same areas. poopy meds are poopy meds.

craps me up when forums are always coming up with ways to skip steps, cheat, grow on a shoestring, etc. They almost exclusively seek advice from others chronically suffering from the same issues. Its no wonder we have  growers perpetuating subpar meds, to patients, and to dispensaries.

alternatively, striving to provide the best, reinvesting in proper controls, addressing issues not symptoms....might prevent growers from tripping over dollars to pick up nickels. It might have been a bad grower showing moldy meds to someone who showcased it.  That grower decided to skip the dehuey  use subpar lighting  grew on a wet floor....but at least that strain was his most affordable lol. Maybe one grower with crappy supply influenced many decisions, many patient outcries.......

or maybe, since dispensaries buy overages from growers not caring to stay within the law, why would we expect them to stay within viable grow conditions underground?  Maybe dispensaries are receiving all of the marijuana that NO patient with a cg would be interested in. The representation of medical grows would be under fire if sacks of mold were coming in daily for the resale.

If I was a dispensary, and overages were moldy often, and a newspaper asked me about the state of cannabis quality in that area.....the answer would be obvious, and some would run with it.

in 2008 many were trying all kinds of tricks to grow. still are. just take a look at the scene, the jars at the disp, the quality......says alot, about something, someone, and their garden habits. 

I know growers who supply them, I also know plants sometimes fail, evident at the sample table if not sooner. a cropper wont discard failed cannabis, they'll make some concoction to recoup cash. how might they do that?  HA!!!!   dispensaries arent too discerning. Look at the price differences on the counter, evidently decided by a disp buyer, after a toke and a view, according to their "quality"  Caveat Emptor, and thanks crappy growers, for ruining it for others, and spreading your tricks and shoestring grow ideals.

I blame crappy growers for crappy supply. I blame growers for moldy cannabis. I dont blame the buyers of that moldy supply, just the growers. if the growers mold is causing raucous I blame the grower.  Maybe it feels better to not talk about moldy marijuana, but it exists.  Just google

"what to do with moldy marijuana"...thats where moldy mj goes.......I wont protect a moldy cannabis grower, sorry.

craps me up when forums are always coming up with ways to skip steps, cheat, grow on a shoestring, etc >>>>>> Me too i see the growers coming into grow stores looking at  pictures on bottles  like candy Buds ,  to feed their plants or things like grow bigger buds use me or as you said use subpar lighting 

anyone can grow cannabis but not everyone can grow great meds i've seen both but only use the latter i can't wait until i can plug inn a light 

i agree with your post thank you

The issues my CG had were ridiculous. When I first signed up with them I rated the quality around 5/10. Then the problems started,

CG tried to rig exhaust of water heater to growing room for CO2. Exhaust reacted with city water (hydro) and caused a strong base to form. pH went crazy (~9) and killed everything.

Switched to a mixture of more expensive nutrients, which they incorrectly mixed. Their mixing ratio was based upon a TDS meter (half and half PPM), which resulted in adding around 20x too much of one of them. Killed everything.

Tried running 2000 watts through an extension cord, almost burned down their house.

Got spider mites and several other infestations due to being extremely dirty. Then thought it was a good idea to fill the backyard with a garden, and then use the same clothes afterwards in the grow room. They also sprayed insecticide all around the plants and likely poisoned whatever was left.

Cheapest system they could build out of gutters. Didn’t understand efficiency, investment or using reflective material. Took months to get these concepts through.

After killing off most of their supply and selling the good bud to others, they became desperate and started trying to sell me wet, untrimmed flower that was probably 2 - 3% THC. They didn’t get the concept that after drying and trimming I’d lose 75% of the weight and kept telling me it was a deal… I was being ‘hooked up’.

The worst thing about it is that after I took the time (months) to completely turn everything around so I could have medicine, the ahole starts selling everything to others for extra cash. Tries telling me he’s a professional grower and knew what was wrong the entire time (yet continued to kill everything for months); that I didn't help with anything. Absolute scum.

The issues my CG had were ridiculous. When I first signed up with them I rated the quality around 5/10. Then the problems started,

CG tried to rig exhaust of water heater to growing room for CO2. Exhaust reacted with city water (hydro) and caused a strong base to form. pH went crazy (~9) and killed everything.

Switched to a mixture of more expensive nutrients, which they incorrectly mixed. Their mixing ratio was based upon a TDS meter (half and half PPM), which resulted in adding around 20x too much of one of them. Killed everything.

Tried running 2000 watts through an extension cord, almost burned down their house.

Got spider mites and several other infestations due to being extremely dirty. Then thought it was a good idea to fill the backyard with a garden, and then use the same clothes afterwards in the grow room. They also sprayed insecticide all around the plants and likely poisoned whatever was left.

Cheapest system they could build out of gutters. Didn’t understand efficiency, investment or using reflective material. Took months to get these concepts through.

After killing off most of their supply and selling the good bud to others, they became desperate and started trying to sell me wet, untrimmed flower that was probably 2 - 3% THC. They didn’t get the concept that after drying and trimming I’d lose 75% of the weight and kept telling me it was a deal… I was being ‘hooked up’.

The worst thing about it is that after I took the time (months) to completely turn everything around so I could have medicine, the ahole starts selling everything to others for extra cash. Tries telling me he’s a professional grower and knew what was wrong the entire time (yet continued to kill everything for months); that I didn't help with anything. Absolute scum.

This why its said to take care with taking on a cg, or reccomend that the patient grows there own,, two things occur, the patient sees the cost involved, and the skill needed to grow there meds ... second thing is the understand the work a cg has to go thru to produce them meds for them..

Sounds like you got a new guy wanting to learn on your dime. thats not so uncommon.. I hear it all the time from new patients.. same old story..

This why its said to take care with taking on a cg, or reccomend that the patient grows there own,, two things occur, the patient sees the cost involved, and the skill needed to grow there meds ... second thing is the understand the work a cg has to go thru to produce them meds for them..

Sounds like you got a new guy wanting to learn on your dime. thats not so uncommon.. I hear it all the time from new patients.. same old story..

I wish I could grow my own because I would def have high quality for cheap, but family is afraid of being raided even if everything is legal (and I’m currently stuck here due to medical reasons). They are even against bringing anything related to MMJ inside the house simply out of fear, although they realize it significantly helps.

Edited by Alphabob

Thanks 

I'm sure there our great caregivers  right here but with me it's a money thing i'm on a low income like many and use very little cannabis because of it if i could grow my own i'de be able to use as needed and growing your own has something to do with a mental state it gives  a better outlook that they our taking care of themselves 

Thanks 

it's a money thing i'm on a low income like many and use very little cannabis because of it if i could grow my own i'de be able to use as needed

have you compared growing costs to buying a gram or two here and there...I wondered if it might be  cheaper to just go to your local club and get your "very little cannabis' needed? 

bawahahahahahahaha!   im sorry, it sounds like you had the same first c.g as me lol!

I actualy chose this guy because he didnt know alot about growing and he said I could do most and show him how, I was going to build him a grow room, he was growing in his family room in front of the sliding glass doors, that was his lights!  When I signed him he made me give him 100 bucks so he could buy clones for me, and I couldnt get any thing untill I had my plastic, by the time I got my plastic he moved to ann arbor and was helping people ruin despense's lol, I called him when I got my card, he told me to go to his house and in a golf club bag there would be a jar of mm for me, I went there was one there, he called and asked how much of the oz I wanted, I told him all of it!?!  he talked me into taking a 1/4 oz to one of his other pt's, I did, yea i was very stupid for doing that, the next time I needed mm he gave me some ones phone number lol, I call the guy says yea come on over, I get some from him, it was commercial crap, the guy says how much are you supposed to pay for an oz, I told him 125, but ron said he had that covered, so I pretty much trashed what I got from that guy!

so bottom line is I never once seen my c.g again after I gave him 100 bucks, I got smoke from 2 people I didnt know, I didnt pay a dime for any of it,,,,,,,he starts calling me and asking me to send him the cash for the first jar, (that was good) I told him well i gave 1/4 to one of your other pt's, and I got crap from the other guy, it wasnt worth the gas I spent to get their, I told him we were even and im dropping you, he called me daily crying he didnt have any money to get home because of me,,,,,,I told him I will be waiting for you to get home, im not paying you a dime and you owe me 100 bucks for waisting my time, he called me so much I actualy had to change my land line number!

as far as I know he is still down there screwing people!  and the thing is most on her who have been here as long as me know him!

I would like to add that I have an awsome c.g at this time and have since I signed him over 5 yrs ago, we are not friends, we clash in personality's, but we do good business and he grows top shelf meds,

So I would have to say there are way more good/great c.g's than bad!  I dont link them all because of my bad experience with one thief!

Peace

good growers may be less likely to be breaking laws, selling to a dispensary.

bad growers are more likely to be selling their product to dispensaries.

newbies visit dispensaries more often than experienced users/growers

newbies defend their right to do so. they gladly give up their cash and time

to support dispensaries in all they do, and are satisfied with their services.

dispensaries likely flip much mj daily/monthly, much supplied by bad growers.

They see newbies scooping it up though, so they wont stop. dispensaries see the crappy mj

often, daily, and resell it even, shame on them.

they are asked of the quality status of the city supply, and are honest even with their answers.

any anti would jump on that in a minute, maybe make deals with dispensaries, etc.

who's fault is this when an anti uses the information against the home growers/caregivers' permissions?

have you compared growing costs to buying a gram or two here and there...I wondered if it might be  cheaper to just go to your local club and get your "very little cannabis' needed? 

Thanks

Yes i do understand that growing cannabis is much cheeper then buying  at a local club but thats not the reason i wouldn't grow the main reason i do not grow is because of worrying about the  2- 40 years of Jail time like Mr. Hartwick got

These circumstances happened when the program first started, and are really an example of why the first dispensary bill tied to caregivers for supply was ill-fated. It just seemed to me that these old scams would return in force, with the same bizarre incentives forged into law. "You get this many plants for this many patients; grow an uninterrupted supply for them, and try to grow extra to make $$$." This arrangement doesn't really make sense for most patients and caregivers from what I've seen.

There are surely lots of caregivers that would read a new bill like HB 5580, then create beneficial arrangements with their patients and stick to them, but how to avoid the "entreprenurial grow spirit" that left trusting patients without meds? It seems impossible to avoid this outcome occasionally, at least, with that type of incentive in place.

I'll stick to my assertion that friends and family make the best caregivers, but adding money and outside influences into the mix can sour even these personal relationships. Most people have a gut instinct about their friends and family members which is pretty accurate, however. I recommend following that instinct when making this decision. I.e. if you wouldn't trust your bro-in-law to pay back a loan or take your kid out for the day, for instance, don't get into a patient/caregiver relationship with them.

It is not impossible to make these determinations with strangers, but you have to use information outside of your own personal experience to make the determination, and this information is sometimes difficult to find or unreliable for various reasons.

family make the best caregivers <<< Yes i agree but i have none but i'll keep looking for one in the meantime 

Thanks

Thanks

Yes i do understand that growing cannabis is much cheeper then buying  at a local club but thats not the reason i wouldn't grow the main reason i do not grow is because of worrying about the  2- 40 years of Jail time like Mr. Hartwick got

right, going to jail is expensive, and may be part of the risk/cost related to acquiring your personal supply via growing your own. It may actually be cheaper to buy a gram here and there from a dispensary  than it would be for you to grow for months and months before you could shut down to reduce your risk/costs? From the looks of the thriving medical cannabis businesses  in Detroit seems like many happy patients choose not grow their own for similar reasons. This might be the best option for you until you find a cg with a freebie spot and compassion. they do exist I promise.  I hate to think you're out of supply until you find a suitable cg. I hope you find what you need soon

If someone isn’t at least a little paranoid about growing or possessing MMJ then they have been living under a rock for the past decade. Many caregivers and patients still do not understand the law, and even if they do understand it they are at risk. Then there are all the myths going around such as thinking it’s legal to sell MMJ to non-cardholders in cities that have decriminalized possession. How private possession can translate to distribution is beyond me. Or the myth that your clones don’t count unless they are over a foot tall… really? There’s simply too many to list here.

But there are definitely two kinds of caregivers out there. The first puts money in front of patient health and the second does the opposite. I’d have to assume that the ones doing it for money are probably in financial trouble, and thus do not have the resources for a proper grow in the first place. And although many people who are poor or unable to work are not lazy, I would have to assume that some of these individuals are exactly that; the cause of their own financial and legal troubles.

IMO a good caregiver would grow for themselves, is financially sound or has another source of income and only sells to their connected patients. For me personally, I’ve heard some complaints about the amount I require (about half an oz per month if decent quality). I can understand if the CG isn’t able to add 2-3 more plants to their cycle. Especially if your buying everything from scratch it might just be more affordable to get ripped off at dispensaries. For a good hydro setup with 2-3 plants it would probably cost several months worth of meds, although the monthly cost would be around half the usual dispensary price. That is probably why most do not grow for themselves, because it’s a large investment and you always run the risk of your plants dying or being raided.

Edited by Alphabob