Local Zoning Law Question

Dizledot

Caregivers are not going away any time soon. There's nothing that is hanging over our heads. There's no legislation to end cannabis caregiving. 

Our only threat that can be expressed is the fact that we have a great system that can't be beat, any which way, so we know that dispensary interests would like us to go away.

So when someone who is closely affiliated with dispensaries (says so) comes along and expresses all the down side to caregiving, doom and gloom, then it seems to me like a bad advertisement.

And for clarity I'm not talking about the person who started this thread. The question she asked was a great question and it's much more important to our future than all the rest of the tangents this thread went on. 

Will municipalities be empowered to regulate caregiver grows because they get to regulate the dispensary grows?

We need to make sure municipalities understand that caregiver grows still get to be anonymous and we don't have any new restrictions, or hoops to jump through, if and when the new legislation gets passed. We are completely separate and untouched by the proposed legislation for dispensaries. 

And for clarity I'm not talking about the person who started this thread. The question she asked was a great question and it's much more important to our future than all the rest of the tangents this thread went on. 

Will municipalities be empowered to regulate caregiver grows because they get to regulate the dispensary grows?

We need to make sure municipalities understand that caregiver grows still get to be anonymous and we don't have any new restrictions, or hoops to jump through, if and when the new legislation gets passed. We are completely separate and untouched by the proposed legislation for dispensaries. 

PInconning's ordinance is trying to do that very thing. Control caregivers as well. That part I don't understand.

But you have continued to speak negatively about caregivers, the program they are in, and the ability for them to continue doing what they are doing.

There is simple disagreement to your statements over a couple threads(bleed over discussions) and I think coming to a forum based on caregivers and patients and falsely telling them what they can and cant do, that they are useless, they will be run out, and generally "you guys are fukd, my dreams of getting rich off of 5 sick people have been foiled so I am going huge commercial and I will continue to downgrade how important caregivers are".

That is how I have read what you have said over these couple bled together topics.

It doesn't surprise me people push back against such views and comments.

They are the views and comments of our opposition. 

Maybe you just haven't expressed yourself clearly enough?

Confusion in interpretation?

It is written and on the internet. It is easy to get the wrong impression sometimes.

I though men were less emotional than women. I never once said caregivers are useless or even implied that at all. I was asking how are caregivers going to survive after the laws change. Those were valid questions, but the men on here are making up their own intentions. Somehow you are missing the fact that I am a caregiver. So how the hell do I think they're useless? I don't know why I have to defend myself against things I never even said.

I though men were less emotional than women. I never once said caregivers are useless or even implied that at all. I was asking how are caregivers going to survive after the laws change. Those were valid questions, but the men on here are making up their own intentions. Somehow you are missing the fact that I am a caregiver. So how the hell do I think they're useless? I don't know why I have to defend myself against things I never even said.

The new laws for dispensaries do not effect caregivers. They will still be thriving. Lets stick with the topic and not make it all about the posters. 

PInconning's ordinance is trying to do that very thing. Control caregivers as well. That part I don't understand.

They are powerless to do anything. And Pinconning? Really? 

Municipalities have no power to regulate caregivers. None. They may be pretending to fool a few folks into jumping off of caregiving and onto their band wagon. Who knows? What we do know is that what you are saying they are doing, if true, makes them full of BS. 

But it's all just unconfirmed at this point. Knowing Pinny fairly well it doesn't surprise me they would be so clueless. 

They are powerless to do anything. And Pinconning? Really? 

Municipalities have no power to regulate caregivers. None. They may be pretending to fool a few folks into jumping off of caregiving and onto their band wagon. Who knows? What we do know is that what you are saying they are doing, if true, makes them full of BS. 

But it's all just unconfirmed at this point. Knowing Pinny fairly well it doesn't surprise me they would be so clueless. 

It's public information. Go to their website.

It's public information. Go to their website.

That would be further confirmation they are so clueless. Thanks for bringing the cluelessness of Pinny to light. Nothing new to me since I'm very familiar with that area and those folks. I would normally think they would be clueless and you have proved that. Since you now know how clueless they are you can be an asset to our community by passing the word around. Impress your friends and peers with how intelligent you are. If you need any specific back up as to what any current Michigan Marijuana laws do, and also the proposed ones, we study this stuff constantly. 

I would say by your own words.... My impressions are valid and I specifically am./was giving you the benefit of the doubt as much as possible here.

But lets do a little exercise here. I do this with myself sometimes to make sure I am saying what I mean and people are actually receiving my intended meanings.

Let us go over your posts in just the two threads quickly and maybe you can see why I would get the impressions I have:...

----------------------------

I don't see how you think being a caregiver is the best option since we are only allowed to grow for 5 people.

But please explain to me how a caregiver can make money only growing for 5 people.

You still haven't told me how you're gonna make money growing for 5 people.

I feel like there is a way to care about people and still capitalize from it. After all, we have kids to feed.

I have a full time job but we do VERY well as caregivers too.

So, you do know how to make money from only 5 patients?

It's not uncommon for caregivers to get rid of their overages to dispensaries. Let's pretend that you didn't know that either.

I haven't heard of anyone getting in trouble for it.

You won't be able to sell anything to dispensaries anymore.

Precisely why we're getting a commercial license.

Ahh, ic, you already sell to dispensaries.

I am buying the property from the adjacent property owner, and they know my intentions with the building. 

So ya cant sell to dispensaries anymore(for long anyway), and you want a commercial growers license. Okie dokie.

The building already meets the current zoning requirements for that municipality. So the SELLERS advertised it for that purpose.

I'm not that worried about it. I'm getting a state license to grow there

My CPA told me the same thing. Having a medical growers license will better your chances to get a rec growers license.

I haven't promoted anything , because once again I haven't told you anything about what I do. Your reading skills suck.

Actually, you have and continue to tell us damneded near everything... I can read and read between the lines aye.

I feel like in order to continue our success we need to be able to evolve.

Evolve? Interesting term describing what caregivers do.  A patient typically growing for 2 other patients. Majority of the time it is a family member, husband, wife, brother sister, close family friend or a friend of a friend. What is there to evolve to? They are what they are and aren't going away. They will not tell a spouse they cannot take care of their spouse or child or family friend.  Evolve means, go from illegally selling to dispensaries, the "black market", to going commercial mmj with a state license.

That isn't evolving,.... that is finally becoming legal.

There is no future security in being a caregiver. I'm trying to evolve and survive. Thats the only way.

Noone was ever going to get rich off of 5 sick and disabled people. Your view is skewed to taking sick people for a ride. Saying you care,... about them profits to you.

People read what they wanna read I guess. There is no future in being a caregiver. They will eliminate that system altogether.

No future? What do you mean? No future in getting rich as a caregiver? There never was nor will ever be. Noone was ever going to make more than a few bucks doing it. Ahh yes,.... dollar signs in the eyes.

They don't make any real money off of caregivers are you serious? Caregivers don't even have to pay taxes.

$10 million a year isn't anything to sneeze at. And caregivers do pay taxes, just as anyone does that has "other income" on their tax returns.

Caregivers are NOT required to pay taxes because it's not even legal for a caregiver to SELL Marijuana.

But they are able to sell and of course they are required by law to pay taxes on "other income".

We'll see how far you get trying to sell weed on the black market.

Like you do?

Umm no you aren't allowed to sell Marijuana to anyone. You are allowed to charge patients a fee for your time and labor. Please source your claim if I'm wrong.

I think the Michigan Supreme court covered it right?

Where from this did you get that it's legal to sell weed?

Michigan Supreme Court

Dude the court ruled that it's illegal to sell weed. Period

Can you read? Or it just wasn't worth the effort?

Still no one has proven that I'm wrong

Everybody has proven you wrong.

Why do I care how you feel? Right is right and wrong is wrong.

(2) A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation for costs

associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana.

Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of a controlled substance.

Directly from LARA's administrative rules.

sigh'

At least I can quote my source. All you're doing is getting emotional about something outside of your control

Speaking of emotional?

Also if you go to any lawyer they'll tell you the same thing.

What I would say is that attorneys, like anyone else in society, have the right to have no clue wtf they are talking about, willing to lie about stuff they don't know about and allowed to be an idiot just like anyone else in the world. Attorneys are nothing special. They are just regular ol' people with all their positives and negatives and they run the gambit. The attorney you spoke with is a moron. I would never use them again.

You haven't showed anything. Have fun trying to sell weed illegally.

Like you?

I spoke to a lawyer prior to becoming a caregiver. I was told you could charge for your time and labor , but not sell the weed. Do me a favor, call a lawyer that specializes in Marijuana law, and tell me what they say.

Bwahahahahaha.... sorry, I shouldn't laugh.  You did say that to a person that works in a law firm that somewhat specializes in marijuana defense.  You have to realize the irony right?

But my original point was that the caregiver system won't last because the state doesn't make enough money from us.

Over and over and over,.... Cg's are useless in the future. Go Commercial!!!!

I am just trying to make the point that the current benefits of being a caregiver won't last forever. I like the way the things are now and don't want them to change. I have to be realistic about the future in this industry though.

Taking care of sick family and friends wont last aye? And you like selling your overages to a dispensary(black market)? I get that.  And you consider caregivers an industry?  Sigh'  That is your main mistake. It was never meant to be a business.

Why does everyone want to ignore my original point? The state isn't making a lot of money from caregivers, therefore the patient /caregiver system won't last long.

And over and over...... 10 mil a year.  Caregivers are dead and gone.

Yea their claim is that caregivers are growing bad weed. This'll make the weed safer.

"And caregivers sell bad weed. My commercial business I plan to open will have safer weed."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See,... this is what I am saying keyring. I read your words. They give impressions. Sorry if I have emotions. I am passionate about these topics.  I mean,... why should men ever have emotions right? It is so emasculating. .... pfft,... wimmen.

Hahaha... btw, that was a joke at the end there. Don't get emotional about it.... ;-p

Ahh, ic, you already sell to dispensaries.

So ya cant sell to dispensaries anymore(for long anyway), and you want a commercial growers license. Okie dokie.

Actually, you have and continue to tell us damneded near everything... I can read and read between the lines aye.

Evolve? Interesting term describing what caregivers do.  A patient typically growing for 2 other patients. Majority of the time it is a family member, husband, wife, brother sister, close family friend or a friend of a friend. What is there to evolve to? They are what they are and aren't going away. They will not tell a spouse they cannot take care of their spouse or child or family friend.  Evolve means, go from illegally selling to dispensaries, the "black market", to going commercial mmj with a state license.

That isn't evolving,.... that is finally becoming legal.

Noone was ever going to get rich off of 5 sick and disabled people. Your view is skewed to taking sick people for a ride. Saying you care,... about them profits to you.

There you go assuming again. What's the point of me saying anything if you're just going to tell my what my intentions are? Most of my patients are family members and I don't have to charge them anything because I sell to dispensaries. How is that not caring? I cover my cost in other ways so that I don't have to charge them. I have been lead to believe that caregiving with be abolished so therefore I need to find another way to continue my way of life. So please if you wanna know what my intentions are, just ask instead of making up stuff. That's all that I ask.

There you go assuming again. What's the point of me saying anything if you're just going to tell my what my intentions are? Most of my patients are family members and I don't have to charge them anything because I sell to dispensaries. How is that not caring? I cover my cost in other ways so that I don't have to charge them. I have been lead to believe that caregiving with be abolished so therefore I need to find another way to continue my way of life. So please if you wanna know what my intentions are, just ask instead of making up stuff. That's all that I ask.

You have your interpretations and I have my intentions. Sorry they are not one in the same.

But pretty buggerin close. 

It isn't like this is an original story.  I have watched and seen the same thing over and over again.

I get ya. I see ya. I know your modus operandi.

I just peel it back to bare bones.  It should be uncomfortable and hopefully enlightening for yourself and maybe help you in understanding your own motives a little clearer even.

Just admit it. Nothing to be shy about.

You want to get rich off of sick people. Cool.  Hundreds of thousands of people do it.

Just be honest.

Your main competition is legitimate caregivers that don't sell commercially. I understand why "evolving" leads you to denigrate the caregiver system. Whether intentional, unintentional or subliminal or not.

It is leaking out in your words and I just wanted to point it out and make sure I am reading it properly.