LARA Seeks Participants for Medical Marihuana Stakeholder Workgroups

bax

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-10573_11472-429409--rss,00.html

LARA Seeks Participants for Medical Marihuana Stakeholder Workgroups
Media Contact: LARA Communications 517-373-9280
Email: mediainfo@michigan.gov

August 22, 2017 - LARA’s Bureau of Medical Marihuana Regulation (BMMR) is facilitating five stakeholder work groups to discuss and provide suggestions on regulatory topics related to the Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act (MMFLA). The work groups are:

Grower
Processor
Safety Compliance Facility
Provisioning Center
Secure Transporter
Individuals interested in participating in a work group must send an email to LARA-MedicalMarihuana@michigan.gov. Work group requests must have WORK GROUP in the subject line. Requests and inquiries made via telephone or to other bureau contacts may not be accepted.

In order to be considered to sit on a work group panel, the interested individual’s email must contain the information listed below.

The name of the individual interested in participating and his or her contact information including mailing address, email address and phone number.
Which one of the five work groups the individual would like to participate in.
The individual’s occupation, job title, and employer or organization.
A brief explanation of no more than 150 words detailing the individual’s qualifications for inclusion in the stakeholder work group. No attachments should be included.
The bureau will consider all email applications that meet these requirements, and any additional relevant information when establishing the stakeholder work groups.

The deadline to email requests to participate in a work group is Tuesday, September 5, 2017 by 9:00 AM. Selections for the work groups and the public announcements will be made by Tuesday, September 12, 2017.

The workgroups will gather information only and will not interfere with the authority of the Medical Marihuana Licensing Board or Advisory Panel procedures as provided under the MMFLA. LARA is in the process of starting the formal rulemaking process pursuant to the Administrative Procedures Act of 1969. To that end, the purpose of the work groups is to seek input on the regulatory topics. Regardless of participation in the workgroups, all interested members of the public will be able to participate in the permanent rulemaking process that includes public comment, hearing notices and draft rules that will be published for review and comment.

For more information, visit the BMMR webpage at www.michigan.gov/medicalmarihuana

For more information about LARA, please visit www.michigan.gov/lara
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/michiganLARA
“Like” us on Facebook or find us on YouTube www.youtube.com/michiganLARA

• 2 weeks later...

LAPEER — The Lapeer Planning Commission recently agreed to allow all five of the possible medical marijuana businesses allowed by the State of Michigan to operate in the city. Officials also identified where such operations could locate in Lapeer, and are currently drafting buffer zone overlay maps to help prospective business people know where they might be able to open a medical marijuana business.

At the state level, the Michigan Dept. of Licensing and Regulatory Affair’s (LARA) Bureau of Medical Marihuana Regulation (BMMR) is facilitating five stakeholder work groups to discuss and provide suggestions on regulatory topics related to the Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act (MMFLA). The work groups are:

• Grower

• Processor

• Safety Compliance Facility

• Provisioning Center

• Secure Transporter

Lapeer County residents interested in participating in a work group must send an email to LARA-MedicalMarihuana@ michigan.gov. Work group requests must have WORK GROUP in the subject line. Requests and inquiries made via telephone or to other bureau contacts may not be accepted.

In order to be considered to sit on a work group panel, the interested individual’s email must contain the information listed below:

• The name of the individual interested in participating and his or her contact information including mailing address, email address and phone number.

• Which one of the five work groups the individual would like to participate in.

• The individual’s occupation, job title, and employer or organization.

• A brief explanation of no more than 150 words detailing the individual’s qualifications for inclusion in the stakeholder work group. No attachments should be included.

The bureau will consider all email applications that meet these requirements, and any additional relevant information when establishing the stakeholder work groups.

The deadline to email requests to participate in a work group is Tuesday, Sept. 5 by 9 a.m. Selections for the work groups and the public announcements will be made by Tuesday, Sept. 12.

The workgroups will gather information only and will not interfere with the authority of the Medical Marihuana Licensing Board or Advisory Panel procedures as provided under the MMFLA. LARA is in the process of starting the formal rulemaking process pursuant to the Administrative Procedures Act of 1969. To that end, the purpose of the work groups is to seek input on the regulatory topics. Regardless of participation in the workgroups, all interested members of the public will be able to participate in the permanent rulemaking process that includes public comment, hearing notices and draft rules that will be published for review and comment.

For more information, visit the BMMR webpage at www.michigan.gov/medicalmarihuana

http://thecountypress.mihomepaper.com/news/2017-09-03/Marketplace/LARA_seeks_participants_for_medical_marijuana_stak.html

• 2 weeks later...

Shishka,

While we would like to think there are objective measurements that qualifies someone as an "expert".  The definition of an expert is really just a subjective standard by whoever declares them "experts".  A good example would be Scott Pruitt at the EPA.  Clearly Trump considers him an expert, a Sierra Club member considers him an donkey.

The use of the word "expert" in my post was to highlight what qualifies as an "expert" in the eyes of the BMMR.    While most of us on here would disagree on qualifying them as experts, clearly the folks writing the regulations view them as such.    By seeing who the powers that be surround themselves with as advisers we are all better able to make our own decisions going forward.  

I would like to think that I have met a large number of the folks involved with cannabis statewide.   These lists were enlightening when I could identify only 10% of the people.    And, even more enlightening when I checked with friends that run a few insider list serves and they could only identify 25% of the names.   Put in a different way, the State of Michigan has decided to to form advisory work groups made up of 75% of people that are new either to Michigan or cannabis.  The cannabis world as we know it in Michigan is truly changing.  It does not require your approval or mine, but I think it is worth knowing what is happening

Edited by semicaregiver

1 hour ago, bobandtorey said:

Not sure what they all do i only know one very well and a few others that i know but not as well as i do that one 

expert"? every grower i know thinks they are 

Let us know when you find out what they are actually doing. It's a very important basic question. LARA doesn't need growing instructions. They need insider info to catch people getting around the rules. Your 'bud' is really just an informant as to the inside working of a grow op and how folks will try to get around their regulations.

Thanks

Funny you said informant because he did say people thought he could have been a Nark one thing i can say is he is all for the Law as it was Medical and the Caregivers  

Imho these meeting are all smoke and minor come November the State will have what they wanted i am not to sure if everybody else will like what happens next 

12 hours ago, semicaregiver said:

Shishka,

While we would like to think there are objective measurements that qualifies someone as an "expert".  The definition of an expert is really just a subjective standard by whoever declares them "experts".  A good example would be Scott Pruitt at the EPA.  Clearly Trump considers him an expert, a Sierra Club member considers him an donkey.

The use of the word "expert" in my post was to highlight what qualifies as an "expert" in the eyes of the BMMR.    While most of us on here would disagree on qualifying them as experts, clearly the folks writing the regulations view them as such.    By seeing who the powers that be surround themselves with as advisers we are all better able to make our own decisions going forward.  

I would like to think that I have met a large number of the folks involved with cannabis statewide.   These lists were enlightening when I could identify only 10% of the people.    And, even more enlightening when I checked with friends that run a few insider list serves and they could only identify 25% of the names.   Put in a different way, the State of Michigan has decided to to form advisory work groups made up of 75% of people that are new either to Michigan or cannabis.  The cannabis world as we know it in Michigan is truly changing.  It does not require your approval or mine, but I think it is worth knowing what is happening

That was kind of my whole point. The state is not looking for experts and has no interest in finding them. Just look at the board and you can figure out how this goes. Don Bailey is the leader of the provisioning work group? Are you kidding me?

The state wants nothing to do with experts and have never implied that they do.

10 hours ago, shishka said:

That was kind of my whole point. The state is not looking for experts and has no interest in finding them. Just look at the board and you can figure out how this goes. Don Bailey is the leader of the provisioning work group? Are you kidding me?

The state wants nothing to do with experts and have never implied that they do.

I have to agree. They want informants and yes people. Backup with nods of approval. 

MDCH and LARA have been stocking with ex law enforcement for as long as we have been legal. They are just an extension of law enforcement and this board is just a further extension. 

What everyone should know by now is that all of these moves are meant to put everyone in the ditch and have the program fail. So if you are part of their plan you are just an appendage of the cops. 

They have a heck of a time making cases, real cases, it's work. So they try to think up ways to make it less work. This is a big arse buggering plan by law enforcement to take away any anonymity we had. 

On 9/15/2017 at 4:32 PM, bobandtorey said:

Hello everyone

I know someone that is in the Growers work shop group so if anyone has any ideas on how to help post it here i will see that he has it or comes here to read it

Thank you

BOB!

hey bob! i got an idea

tell the grower group to ban all pesticides and go for the clean system.

basically use diatomacceous earth instead of pesticides.

stick to worm castings and rock dust and compost tea , ignore synthetic nutrients!