Sign in to follow this  
zeebudz

Investing in Cannabis

7 hours ago, mishigami bear said:

Cannabis "stocks" and investments seem like scams to me. 

Most are. Especially the ones that you read about in an email or web page ad spammed upon you. Totally a scam.

Goldman Sachs invested $500,000,000 in GW Pharma to help them bring their cannabis products to market. That was years ago and GW is just now starting to bring a product to market and it doesn't reach a large enough segment of cannabis users to even be viable because it just contains CBD. So they depend on CBD hype to make money on this one, instead of real results. It will eventually flop. 

11 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

Most are. Especially the ones that you read about in an email or web page ad spammed upon you. Totally a scam.

Goldman Sachs invested $500,000,000 in GW Pharma to help them bring their cannabis products to market. That was years ago and GW is just now starting to bring a product to market and it doesn't reach a large enough segment of cannabis users to even be viable because it just contains CBD. So they depend on CBD hype to make money on this one, instead of real results. It will eventually flop. 

Hmm, I wonder if this could have anything to do with the fact that Goldman keeps touting GW as a "buy"...

Seems like so far all the research they've done points to the conclusion that no extract can match the medical effects of the whole plant. When Monsanto starts producing their own cannabis strains that accentuate the positives and eliminate the negatives then we are going to have access to some truly amazing medicine. Medicine that even curmudgeonly old Jeff Sessions might embrace.

3 minutes ago, AmishRnot4ganja said:

Seems like so far all the research they've done points to the conclusion that no extract can match the medical effects of the whole plant. When Monsanto starts producing their own cannabis strains that accentuate the positives and eliminate the negatives then we are going to have access to some truly amazing medicine. Medicine that even curmudgeonly old Jeff Sessions might embrace.

A whole plant extract works just like the 'whole plant'. Subtracting the THC is when cannabis quits working medicinally for most people. The THC is the hardest to produce so it fits with a snake oil salesman to sell a THC free product. A snake oil salesman and a nutso cannabis hater have a lot in common. 

I don't worry about Monsanto or any big Agri-corp getting involved in Cannabis genetics. I don't see how they could do a better job breeding seed than current breeders. And it seems pointless to produce GMO cannabis, as the market will shun it.

Don't underestimate them.

Seed breeders do not have the real estate or as deep of pockets as monsanto and others.  If they chose, they could probably grow all current strains and run them multiple ways (each strain being crossed many times over all at the same time).

I'd use gmo cannabis, the term gmo is just a scare tactic imo.  I grew up in agriculture and in my experience most folks don't even know what the term means.  

More concerning than gmo in our flower and concentrates are the residuals from solvents, the pesticides and the ferts and nutes being used to grow.  There isn't any shortage on people willing to ingest bho residue :P

In actuality, Monsanto could probably breed flower that takes half as long to grow, is mite, mold and mildew resistant, and is resistant to damage from all sorts of growing problems

It's going to happen, I wouldn't be surprised if they have stuff already underway.  These type companies are led by the smell of money

11 minutes ago, Phil69 said:

Don't underestimate them.

Seed breeders do not have the real estate or as deep of pockets as monsanto and others.  If they chose, they could probably grow all current strains and run them multiple ways (each strain being crossed many times over all at the same time).

I'd use gmo cannabis, the term gmo is just a scare tactic imo.  I grew up in agriculture and in my experience most folks don't even know what the term means.  

More concerning than gmo in our flower and concentrates are the residuals from solvents, the pesticides and the ferts and nutes being used to grow.  There isn't any shortage on people willing to ingest bho residue :P

In actuality, Monsanto could probably breed flower that takes half as long to grow, is mite, mold and mildew resistant, and is resistant to damage from all sorts of growing problems

It's going to happen, I wouldn't be surprised if they have stuff already underway.  These type companies are led by the smell of money

Smells like BS to me. 

GMOs can produce unintended consequences like allergies to things you never were allergic to before. That's just the tip of the iceburg.  The variables involved are infinite with an infinite number of things that can evolve in the future out of something that seemed great in the short run. 

No thanks, I'll keep my legacy strains. 

And you're entitled to, but I'm here you tell ya- you're getting gmo's daily, whether you like it or not :P

51 minutes ago, Phil69 said:

And you're entitled to, but I'm here you tell ya- you're getting gmo's daily, whether you like it or not :P

I know that for sure. We all are. It's in the air we breath. People who never had allergies have them now because of the genetically altered crops 500 miles away. Not too many people understand the full implications of GMO's. They just think WTF? 

Right on, brother!  No matter how well you try to eat (I've lost 100lb in the past year, eating well has been my #1 priority) you can't escape the garbage!