Switching night to day in the tent

wjkingsnorth

Currently I am doing the 12/12 from 6:30am to 6:30pm. I am getting uncomfortable with how hot it is getting in the tent during the day especially with the temps projected to be in the 90's this week. The fact that it is cooler at night I was thinking that it might be better to have the lights on at night and off during the day. I am considering letting them be in the dark until tomorrow at 6:30pm. So from 6:30 tonight to 6:30 tomorrow they will be in the dark. Will that mess them up? Wednesday will be week 3 into bud. I have tried everything to get it cooler in the building. It is just with the heat of the day mixed with the lights and air filter running it is getting hot in the tent. When I got home from work Friday it was 90 in there. not good!

I'd gradually do it an hr or 2 back at a time. Such small increments won't likely disturb the flowering phase. I know this from having black outs occur during flower. Set me off by 4 hrs once. So that's what I did, and I did not re-veg. Don't be scared to vent the tent when the lights are on. I've done that many times before having the same problems.

Edited by Slappy

3 minutes ago, wjkingsnorth said:

Currently I am doing the 12/12 from 6:30am to 6:30pm. I am getting uncomfortable with how hot it is getting in the tent during the day especially with the temps projected to be in the 90's this week. The fact that it is cooler at night I was thinking that it might be better to have the lights on at night and off during the day. I am considering letting them be in the dark until tomorrow at 6:30pm. So from 6:30 tonight to 6:30 tomorrow they will be in the dark. Will that mess them up? Wednesday will be week 3 into bud. I have tried everything to get it cooler in the building. It is just with the heat of the day mixed with the lights and air filter running it is getting hot in the tent. When I got home from work Friday it was 90 in there. not good!

That would cause stress. You don't want that unless it's absolutely necessary. Figure out a way to get more air movement. Open up the tent. What did you do before when it was hot? Why is it hotter now? 

Honestly, I once made a home-made a/c for my tent using ice-packs, a tupperware, and a 4"fan. Believe it or not, it made a difference in a 3X3 tent for several hours. Take a tupperware the size of a shoe box, drill many micro holes into the bottom. Cut out a big enough hole for the fan to go into the lid. Place 2 ice-packs($1 each)inside and close. Hook home-made box up to tent and turn on fan. Size may need adjustment according to tent size. LOL.

081819151214.jpg

081819151226.jpg

Edited by Slappy
added pic

1 hour ago, Restorium2 said:

That would cause stress. You don't want that unless it's absolutely necessary. Figure out a way to get more air movement. Open up the tent. What did you do before when it was hot? Why is it hotter now? 

It has been getting into the upper 80's outside is why it is hotter. I think I might try putting a cooler in the tent and fill it with bags of ice and put it in front of the fan I have blowing in there. Hopefully that does not raise the humidity too much.

25 minutes ago, wjkingsnorth said:

What about a window ac unit blowing into bottom side vent?

Adding any kind of a/c will benefit you. If you want to do that, just get one of those rectangle duct pieces from HomeDepot or Lowes, and duck-tape it to the a/c. Connect that to the tent via duct, and voila!

Edited by Slappy

19 minutes ago, wjkingsnorth said:

It has been getting into the upper 80's outside is why it is hotter. I think I might try putting a cooler in the tent and fill it with bags of ice and put it in front of the fan I have blowing in there. Hopefully that does not raise the humidity too much.

Ice won't last as long as you think. Especially in this weather.

Not going to change schedule, just going to open up the tent during the day to keep the temp inside the tent the same as in the building. Usually the hottest it gets in the garden shed is 78-80. I am going to be building a actual room in the building so I don't have the height issue I have with the tent. I will insulate and make it a very sanitary environment. I can also put a small window air conditioner to cool it in the dog days. Already starting to work on it.

If you ever had to change your scedule like that, it is possible.I have done it twice, without any negetive effect. It will not hurt for them to sit in the dark for a day. You are not disrupting them in the dark, you are mearly resetting their day. I can't speak for all situations, but in my case, there was no negetive effect