Help!

mwally420

Being that I am relatively new and can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere on MDCH's website, perhaps I can get some help here on some questions:

1. I have submitted my application (in January) to become a registered caregiver for 1 patient and I live within 1000 ft. of a school. Will this prohibit me from LEGALLY growing for my patient?

2. I also have my CPL (Concealed Pistol License). Is there any laws prohibitting a registered caregiver from being in posession of marijuana and a concealed weapon at the same time?

3. If we applied in January and have not had a response from the State either approving, denying or otherwise, am I legal to start growing (if allowed within 1000 ft. of a school) and conducting business as a caregiver for my patient?

The Michigan law says your legal to grow and obtain your medicine. Michigan Medical Marijuana Act says you can't consume/smoke in public, including public transportation or schools. School zone penalties multiply the penalty by two for "illegal drugs" offenses. If you are legal, no laws are broken, and you say within the legal limit, then there will be no fine to double.

Stay within your plant/oz limit, keep your meds locked when your not using, don't incarserate yourself by volunteering information about your grow operation, and you won't have a problem fighting the charges in court.

If you are legal, no laws are broken, and you say within the legal limit, then there will be no fine to double.

I believe this is good advice.

The Drug Free zones are areas of enhanced penalties for drug offenders. If there is no law broken in the first place, there is no penalty to enhance.

biggerbuds

you took the words right outta my mouth I have my cpl and my mm card as well and that was a question I had as well when i read mmmm i saw that and relaxed a bit and for thoes of you that have your CPL treat your meds as if it was booze when you carry. meaning if u need to use your meds seperate the bullets from the pistol and LOCK them up seperate the best you can.

Do not supply patient at your place. It will be considered a sale... I know boys and girls but he's legal.. Not if he trades money for drugs in a school zone... Grey law arrest is a sure thing......Avoid it at all costs..........LEO's love this......

Archived