Ccw Laws

sfldg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They ask about cannabis? Not about felony convictions or mental illness?

I wonder who made up that question? It has to be a holdover from before mm became law?

It ask about them too. Plus if you have a PPO against you. I don't remember if they ask about cannabis specifically or if it just said illegal drugs.

• 2 months later...
Guest energypro

I've been finding MUCH chatter, not only on the 'net, regarding this stupid predicament many find themselves in now...

Even on the down-low in some ranges...there IS some hush-hush talk...

BUT..precedence HAS been set! Cannot find any cases in Michigan tho...bummer ain't it?..

Here are some links regarding past cases I have found...to save IF anyone runs in to grief...

My link #1

My link #2

Oh yea...HELLo everyone...first post...

I am sure this issue is gonna be bigger than anyone ever thought it would be...

Just have to treat MM JUST like any other med...CAREFULLY...we already have enough idiots tryin'

to ruin this for the greater whole...believe me...I've been to enough "compassion club" meetings

in a few counties and witnessed these "patients"...

I was VERY upset at what I saw...a few morons too concerned about thier "killa bud" were actually asked to

leave which I thought was very kool...

-

Remember here in Michigan MDCH can't confirm you are a patient unless you allowed them to do so AND the police officer knows your registration number. So the gun board can't run every name through MDCH on a fishing expedition. Unless someone on the gun board knows you personally and knows you are a patient there is no way for them to find out.

Is there any substantial info on carrying both CPL and meds? I am NOT mixing the two.

But with all the people needing to use patient to patient transfer means to acquire their meds (just starting, or not able to grow, no/terrible caregiver etc.), the opportunity to be...taken advantage of...entering or leaving a co-op, or a parking lot type meet, seems to be a potential issue. Especially in certain areas.

I was told by someone (from his lawyer, by proxy, for what that is worth), who is carrying both, that "since medical marijuana is legal here, it is exempt from the state laws regarding carry a concealed pistol/firearm. It does remain, illegal on a federal level, however, the local and state police cannot enforce those federal laws.

It seems to make sense, but I'd rather not find out the hard way.

when the police run a plate it tells them if you have a pistol permit. So if you show your card after getting pulled over?????

who knows

True. You are legally obligated to tell the police if you are packing. Since they will see it on their system you had better. I am also under the opinion that since they are going to know you have a permit I would tell them if you are not packing. They will be asking anyway and if you mention up front that you are not packing it gives the appearance you are not trying to hide anything.

Still I would not bring up or show my MMMJ card unless it was absolutely necessary. That means they have searched without my permission and have found MMJ and now I have to prove why I have it.

Is there any substantial info on carrying both CPL and meds? I am NOT mixing the two.

But with all the people needing to use patient to patient transfer means to acquire their meds (just starting, or not able to grow, no/terrible caregiver etc.), the opportunity to be...taken advantage of...entering or leaving a co-op, or a parking lot type meet, seems to be a potential issue. Especially in certain areas.

I was told by someone (from his lawyer, by proxy, for what that is worth), who is carrying both, that "since medical marijuana is legal here, it is exempt from the state laws regarding carry a concealed pistol/firearm. It does remain, illegal on a federal level, however, the local and state police cannot enforce those federal laws.

It seems to make sense, but I'd rather not find out the hard way.

I believe your attorney friend is correct. I too have an attorney friend who is under that impression. However like you I don't want to be the test case. I am sure they would try to charge you with operating the vehicle under the influence of drugs so they could add the gun charge to that as well. And that is the tactic they use. Tack as many charges on as they can to make it expensive to fight them all.

Guest energypro

As a card-carrying member...I would be elated to see the NRA jump all over this...however...

I am MORE than pleased with the progress they are making right now with the IDIOTS the washington!!!

I guess it just all comes down to......wait for it......here it comes...common sense...

OTHER than a quick trip to a dispensary...and then returning BACK HOME...does anyone NEED to

be out driving around with thier med's AND a CPL???...Really...???...Think about it!!!!!!!! <_<

AND...if you'r in a car...why wouldn't anyone just put the med's in the trunk to separate the two?

THIS is the type of stupidity that is really going to RUIN this medical bill for those of US with

ACTUAL CHRONIC (ie..NO CURE) conditions like...oh say...my Multiple Sclerosis...and not some

moron like I see in these "clinics" that fell off a darn ladder and busted up a foot 'cause he was hammered

and now he has a permanent limp...and THAT gets him a card...????...

SAME thing is gonna happen with this issue...some jerk is gonna whip out one of his cards...but oh wait...

...look...they are side-by-side in his/her wallet/purse...see ya...more ammo for the media/politico's...

A mind is a terrible thing to waste...

-

Well when buying a 12 gauge found it funny that the one question they ask before you can even recieve the gun is >> IF << you have or are addicted to cannabis or have any dealings with such substance and answering Y.E.S. will disqualify you from recieving your firearm .

news to me, I just bought a 410/22 nothing about cannabiss, maybe you were having a nitemare!

Peace

FTW

Jim

As a card-carrying member...I would be elated to see the NRA jump all over this...however...

I am MORE than pleased with the progress they are making right now with the IDIOTS the washington!!!

I guess it just all comes down to......wait for it......here it comes...common sense...

OTHER than a quick trip to a dispensary...and then returning BACK HOME...does anyone NEED to

be out driving around with thier med's AND a CPL???...Really...???...Think about it!!!!!!!! dry.gif

AND...if you'r in a car...why wouldn't anyone just put the med's in the trunk to separate the two?

THIS is the type of stupidity that is really going to RUIN this medical bill for those of US with

ACTUAL CHRONIC (ie..NO CURE) conditions like...oh say...my multiple Sculrosis...and not some

moron like I see in these "clinics" that fell off a darn ladder and busted up a foot 'cause he was hammered

SAME thing is gonna happen with this issue...some jerk is gonna whip out one of his cards...but oh wait...

...look...they are side-by-side in his/her wallet/purse...see ya...more ammo for the media/politico's...

-

your not showing much common sense, so you disability is more qualifing than a guy who shattered his foot?

Maybe you should get back on your pharmacuticals, or maybe run for office! most presidents dont have common sense either so you wont be alone!

Peace

FTW

Jim

ACTUAL CHRONIC (ie..NO CURE) conditions like...oh say...my multiple Sculrosis...and not some

Really? So is it your psychic ability that allows you to be able to judge another persons tolerance for chronic pain by just looking at them?

Look it is probable that like every other prescription drug that some people are abusing it. However we have to stand united. This kind of divisiveness helps no one. Sure we have some disagreements on politics and religion but in the end the one issue we have to sand together on is protecting our law.

Guest energypro

HEY..phaque-boy...RE-READ my post med-head...then go take a nap...grow up...

And you..420Atheist..REALLY????....politics and religion???...are ya sure you posted on the correct website???

THIS the type of crap I am reffering too!!! Don't you think "someone" is monitoring these websites???

Here is an idea...post first...THEN med-up...

And you..420Atheist..REALLY????....politics and religion???...are ya sure you posted on the correct website???

Sure you can try to distract from my question by posting something out of context or you could answer my question directly.

So is it your psychic ability that allows you to be able to judge another persons tolerance for chronic pain by just looking at them?

I was hoping it would make you introspective and realize it is only ones ego that fuels the "my pain is worse than yours" mentality. I was hoping you realized it was impossible for you to know the amount of pain another person has by simply looking at them. I wanted you to see that being divisive is only going to help those who oppose medical marijuana.

Guest energypro

Sure you can try to distract from my question by posting something out of context or you could answer my question directly.

So is it your psychic ability that allows you to be able to judge another persons tolerance for chronic pain by just looking at them?

I was hoping it would make you introspective and realize it is only ones ego that fuels the "my pain is worse than yours" mentality. I was hoping you realized it was impossible for you to know the amount of pain another person has by simply looking at them. I wanted you to see that being divisive is only going to help those who oppose medical marijuana.

OK...I'll try one more time then I'm done with you...I was sitting next to broken-foot-boy & his young preggers wiffey with 2 young children in tow at a certification "clinic" in Southfield on Telegraph road....are ya still with me?

It's the MMMCC in the ONYX bldg. @ 29777 Telegraph (southbound side)in suite #1451 Southfield, MI 48034 248-932-6400

Place was packed...HE started yackin' about how kool this was gonna be...even tho NOBODY HAS A J.O.B. ...but hey...there is a LOT of that going around these days and isn't the point.

I just kept nodding my head and said somethin' like that's too bad man...HIM = blah-blah-blah...I really did not

want to engage this person in anyconversation at ALL...but he just would not shut up...

Then...there it is..."man I can't wait....."....followed by a bunch of crap about being broke & the usual lazy-donkey excuses about not being able to afford a any bud & how "LUCKY" is he that he "JUST" happened to "FALL" off this

ladder... AT HIS DAD'S HOUSE!!!

Isn't THAT nice...???

Children runnin' around screaming...tearning up the small waiting room while preggers-mom is madly texting-away on this exspensive looking smartphone and not paying attention to anything around them UNTIL thier name is called....

Man...you should have seen them spring into action THEN...go figure...

Oh yea...I NEVER said anything even remotely close to comparing pain levels with this phoney...I deal with an

emense amount of pain 24/7/365 that I do NOT wish upon anyone. Even with my physic ablities....

So...can we please get back to the original topic?...

-

be out driving around with thier med's AND a CPL???...Really...???...Think about it!!!!!!!! <_<

ACTUAL CHRONIC (ie..NO CURE) conditions like...oh say...my Multiple Sclerosis...and not some

-

I happen to run a business on the north end of Flint.We have been robbed at gun point.One of my patients is my employee,so on many occasions I drive with both,so to ansawer your ? Yes,Really.

Archived