Charges Dropped

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kent_county/Charges-dropped-over-teens-medical-pot

GRAND RAPIDS TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) - A Belmont man charged with using marijuana -- despite having medical marijuana paperwork -- has been cleared of wrongdoing.

Tyler Hall, 18, could have faced up to 90 days in jail after Kent County sheriff's deputies ticketed him in for June for smoking marijuana at a friend's party in Rockford.

Instead, Kent County Assistant Prosecutor Travis Early told 24 Hour News 8 he will dismiss the case after Hall showed up with his medical marijuana card on Thursday at 63rd District Court.

Early said he could have continued on with the case because there was still a question about whether Hall was smoking marijuana for medicine that night, or was just partying.

"We've got to pick our battles," he said.

Hall was smoking pot on a friend's deck in Rockford in June -- about 2 a.m. -- when Kent County deputies pulled up.

He says marijuana helps relieve migraines from jaw pain. He showed the deputies his application for medical marijuana, signed by a doctor and dated January -- several months earlier -- but he didn't have his card yet. He got it a short time later.

The state Department of Community Health, which oversees the medical marijuana program, is legally required to send out cards in 20 days, but is four months behind. However, the state says the applications are proof enough.

Hall says he is trying to reach the Kent County Sheriff's Department so he can get his marijuana back. Early said the pot is no longer considered evidence, but that the sheriff must decide whether to return it. Sheriff's officials could not be reached.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kent_county/Charges-dropped-over-teens-medical-pot

GRAND RAPIDS TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) - A Belmont man charged with using marijuana -- despite having medical marijuana paperwork -- has been cleared of wrongdoing.

Tyler Hall, 18, could have faced up to 90 days in jail after Kent County sheriff's deputies ticketed him in for June for smoking marijuana at a friend's party in Rockford.

Instead, Kent County Assistant Prosecutor Travis Early told 24 Hour News 8 he will dismiss the case after Hall showed up with his medical marijuana card on Thursday at 63rd District Court.

Early said he could have continued on with the case because there was still a question about whether Hall was smoking marijuana for medicine that night, or was just partying.

Hall was smoking pot on a friend's deck in Rockford in June -- about 2 a.m. -- when Kent County deputies pulled up.

He says marijuana helps relieve migraines from jaw pain. He showed the deputies his application for medical marijuana, signed by a doctor and dated January -- several months earlier -- but he didn't have his card yet. He got it a short time later.

The state Department of Community Health, which oversees the medical marijuana program, is legally required to send out cards in 20 days, but is four months behind. However, the state says the applications are proof enough.

Hall says he is trying to reach the Kent County Sheriff's Department so he can get his marijuana back. Early said the pot is no longer considered evidence, but that the sheriff must decide whether to return it. Sheriff's officials could not be reached.

glad some one is paying attention.

The prick cops probabaly took the weed home and smoked it themselves and were laughin the whole time..hahahha...We stole that kids weed..dats some good bunny muffin coughin while trying to talk and sip on a MILLER HIGH LIFE. God OLE BOYS. ....they are really enjoying busting patients. and spitting on our rights.

I'll bet ya THAT evidence went up in smoke, brudda.

yep im sure it did go up in smoke,,mine all did!

I was in the middle of no where in july burning one and a fricking alcona sheriif dep snuck up on me, busted me, wouldnt let me go in my camper to show him my card, luckily he didnt search my camper, so they only got a few joints from me, I had a nice sleep in there lil hilton (masquito free lol) and got out in the morn, at my arraingment my girl brought my card and they dropped it than and there, so Ive had lil legal issues with alcona, alpena, and roscomon countys in one year, Im smoking inside from now on lol!

Peace

FTW

Jim

yep im sure it did go up in smoke,,mine all did!

I was in the middle of no where in july burning one and a fricking alcona sheriif dep snuck up on me, busted me, wouldnt let me go in my camper to show him my card, luckily he didnt search my camper, so they only got a few joints from me, I had a nice sleep in there lil hilton (masquito free lol) and got out in the morn, at my arraingment my girl brought my card and they dropped it than and there, so Ive had lil legal issues with alcona, alpena, and roscomon countys in one year, Im smoking inside from now on lol!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Phaq,

'High times' at the Sheriff's office, you can bet on it.

Good to hear from you, hope things are going well for ya.

If it was any good they already smoked it themselves. The corrupt piggies really do have the best weed. I know I provided some to a few back in the day. Sometimes they wanted their pay off in ganga!

Notice that the comment never came up, that the stuff shouldn't have been taken in the first place. Is the sheriff and his deputies capable of taking care of live cannabis plants? Does he have a property room set up that won't interfere with the 12/12 lighting that a flowering cannabis plant needs? I will go out on a limb and say, definitely NO.

Is it also mite and pest free?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived