Jesus Christ Orders The Use Of Marijuana For The Suffering.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sea level has been rising for many thousands of years...

Post-Glacial_Sea_Level.png

So again I am really not sure how you see this as proof of Noah's flood (which is part of the young earth thesis).

And there just so be happens lots of evidence against the Noah's flood story...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=r2HxZXuTb8Y

I'll buy that. Thanks.

The title for this orginal post is:

"Jesus Christ Orders The Use Of Marijuana For The Suffering"

If I did not make it clear enough earlier, this kind of statement is highly offensive to me, a liberal Christian. The problem with any statement like this, not found in Scripture, is that the person claiming to make this statement ON BEHALF OF JC, simply has no divine authority. You see, the problem that such claims raise is, JC told me the exact opposite. Who is now to decide between the two contradictory claims? Claiming to speak on behalf of JC with infallibility simply leads to chaos among humans, at least among those who are not part of the Roman Catholic Church. In short, I repeat, to claim that Jesus Christ ORDERS the use of mj is offensive to my liberal sensebilities. And I suspect that the vast majority of educated Christians from conservative traditions would be equally offended. This kind of talk does nothing to promote the medical marijuana cause. It just further muddles the conversation needlessly.

Kurt

Hi Kurt;

I sympathize with your feelings.

I believe that if the title of the thread had been something like "Jesus orders followers to anoint everyone with oil" you would not have been nearly as offended.

You might have considered that "Christ" means "the anointed one" and "christian" means "little anointed ones" and may have had something to do with early Christianity.

Very little offending so far.

It's when the word "marijuana" gets mixed in that the offense is felt.

For the most part, we've all been trained to react that way.

Sea level has been rising for many thousands of years...

Post-Glacial_Sea_Level.png

So again I am really not sure how you see this as proof of Noah's flood (which is part of the young earth thesis).

And there just so be happens lots of evidence against the Noah's flood story...

Keyword there is story, I personally do not believe in the flood story as it is so surreal it is just funny, old man gets 2 of every animal in the world, with out the ability to travel all over the world, and somewhere there is a giant bean stalk that jack grew.

The title for this orginal post is:

"Jesus Christ Orders The Use Of Marijuana For The Suffering"

If I did not make it clear enough earlier, this kind of statement is highly offensive to me, a liberal Christian. The problem with any statement like this, not found in Scripture, is that the person claiming to make this statement ON BEHALF OF JC, simply has no divine authority. You see, the problem that such claims raise is, JC told me the exact opposite. Who is now to decide between the two contradictory claims? Claiming to speak on behalf of JC with infallibility simply leads to chaos among humans, at least among those who are not part of the Roman Catholic Church. In short, I repeat, to claim that Jesus Christ ORDERS the use of mj is offensive to my liberal sensebilities. And I suspect that the vast majority of educated Christians from conservative traditions would be equally offended. This kind of talk does nothing to promote the medical marijuana cause. It just further muddles the conversation needlessly.

Kurt

I could swear this was in the lets get personal thread, some stuff said here may offend you. I do agree with you though no where did it ever say in the bible every one take a rip of jesus' uber magic hippie bong so to speak, but on another side religion has lead to chaos among humans with out the marijuana being involved so its not like its something new, to quote george carlin (RIP) "Do you believe in god?, yes, do you believe in my god? no, BOOM (gunshot :P)"

So, let us agree to disagree, as perhaps continue the conversation some day in person (?) while remaining civil and perhaps friends.

One other question.........Would you like to hit this?

Thank you for ignoring all of my questions, making wrongful accusations about me and my intentions, ignoring all the evidence I presented, completely dismissing everything I said. Somehow I have a feeling I wouldn't waste my time with a face to face conversation on the subject with someone so close minded.

Perhaps maybe one of the Christians on this thread making the bold claims and providing no evidence could sit down and talk to their all-powerful God, and ask him why for 20+ years of my life as a devoted believer of Christianity he never once came to talk to me. Maybe one of you can get my answer for me that I have been seeking since I was a teenager.

Perhaps maybe one of the Christians on this thread making the bold claims and providing no evidence could sit down and talk to their all-powerful God, and ask him why for 20+ years of my life as a devoted believer of Christianity he never once came to talk to me. Maybe one of you can get my answer for me that I have been seeking since I was a teenager.

I'm sorry that you are angry about the topic.

If you wish to stay that way, I can't help.

I can help you fine tune the receiver if you are interested.

It is a still, quite voice. And I'm sure you've heard about that before.

I'm sorry that you are angry about the topic.

I'd really appreciate if you didn't make assumptions about me, I am far from "angry about the topic" and making a foolish statement like that just goes to show how little you know about me and how quickly you jump to assumptions about things which you have zero knowledge of. I simply seek answers that I have been seeking since childhood.

If you wish to stay that way, I can't help.

Why would I spend many years of my life perusing God if my intention wasn't to expand my knowledge and find God?

I can help you fine tune the receiver if you are interested.

God knows exactly how much proof I require to believe in him, and I am confident that if the God of the bible is real he does not need you or any other man's assistance in delivering a message to his beloved children. If what the bible claims about God is true he will show himself to me when the time is right, and if he doesn't he is not the all-loving, all-powerful, described in the bible and I have nothing to fear.

It is a still, quite voice. And I'm sure you've heard about that before.

So you're a subscriber to every subconscious thought and hallucination being God? And that God isn't powerful enough to show himself to you in a way that can't be more logically explained by subconscious thought or hallucinations? I think that's a pretty mighty stretch, but pretty typical for someone desperately grasping at anything to justify their faith with.

Are you aware that our brain produces the most powerful psychoactive "drug" known to man, Dimethyltryptamine (aka DMT), which is responsible dreaming, near-death experiences, out of body experiences, alien abduction experiences, and so much more? Our brain produces this psychoactive compound to protect itself from high levels of stress. Psychical, emotional, and psychological stress are all thought to be triggers for the release of DMT by the pineal gland. Did you also know this substance has been found to be released during times of intense meditation, relaxation, spiritual worship, etc? Before you consider any of this as evidence of God you need to realize that there's more logical and scientifically believable explanations for what you describe.

I highly suggest you take the time to educate yourself on the subject, as it's absolutely intriguing, and may help you clear up some of your misconceptions about spirituality.

51M6Z799PJL._SS500_.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQf9rn96CRQ

Not sure how this a response to my post... but I wish you all the best!

"So you're a subscriber to every subconscious thought and hallucination being God?"

If you went blind you would still be able to recognize people you know by the sound of their voice.

When first attempting to listen to that still quiet voice, there is a lot of background noise. Like a dark room full of people.

Working familiarity begins by trial and error. Small baby steps while learning to sort out the noise.

Is there "sin" when a child tries to walk and falls down? No .. Trial and error is how everyone learns to walk.

If you are upset about lack of physical proof from dad, I'd suggest finding someplace quiet and tell him about it. Then get quiet and listen ..

"So you're a subscriber to every subconscious thought and hallucination being God?"

If you went blind you would still be able to recognize people you know by the sound of their voice.

When first attempting to listen to that still quiet voice, there is a lot of background noise. Like a dark room full of people.

Working familiarity begins by trial and error. Small baby steps while learning to sort out the noise.

Is there "sin" when a child tries to walk and falls down? No .. Trial and error is how everyone learns to walk.

If you are upset about lack of physical proof from dad, I'd suggest finding someplace quiet and tell him about it. Then get quiet and listen ..

Try to stay with me here...

Are you aware that our brain produces the most powerful psychoactive "drug" known to man, Dimethyltryptamine (aka DMT), which is responsible dreaming, near-death experiences, out of body experiences, alien abduction experiences, and so much more? Our brain produces this psychoactive compound to protect itself from high levels of stress. Psychical, emotional, and psychological stress are all thought to be triggers for the release of DMT by the pineal gland. Did you also know this substance has been found to be released during times of intense meditation, relaxation, spiritual worship, etc? Before you consider any of this as evidence of God you need to realize that there's more logical and scientifically believable explanations for what you describe.

Meditation evokes pineal DMT release through EM vibrations. Visionary experience with symbolic or religious content gives way to dazzling light of illumination, reported in eastern and western religions. Meditation modulates pineal activity, eliciting a standing wave through resonance effects that coordinates other brain centers with both chemicals and electromagnetism. Resonance is induced in the pineal gland using electric, magnetic, or sound energy, resynchronizing both hemispheres of the brain, resulting in a chain of synergetic harmony that releases DMT, an endogenous psychedelic. The pineal contains high levels of enzymes and building-blocks for DMT, which may be secreted when inhibitory processes cease blocking its production with other chemicals, such as beta-carbolines which magnify and prolong DMT effects. DMT is the source of visionary Light in transpersonal experiences. Its primary source, the pineal, has traditionally been referred to as the Third Eye. Curiously, this gland is light sensitive and actually has a lens, cornea, and retina. DMT production is particularly stimulated in the extraordinary conditions of birth, sexual ecstasy, childbirth, extreme physical stress, near-death, psychosis, and physical death, as well as meditation. Pineal DMT may also play a significant role in dream consciousness.

Funny how the same practices you use to describe how to "talk to God" are identical to those described by scientists and doctors to stimulate the release of DMT in the brain (the most powerful psychoactive known to man) by the pineal gland isn't it?

It could be argued that God is within us for we are God.

I didn't set up the system.

It ain't my box that a spirit being gets stuffed into.

The physical stuff is really cool, when it happens. "The external manifestation of the internal reality."

If you are more comfortable ignoring all the evidence that is out there that more realistically and better explains "religious" experiences that we have, and if you'd rather ignore all the evidence showing the bible to be nothing but a collection of third century allegory and contradicting riddles written by MEN hundreds of years after the supposed life and death and Jesus (who's name wasn't actually Jesus, as J does not exist in ancient Hebrew) as a human control mechanism for fearmongerers and would rather instead point at everything you don't understand and say "The God of the Bible did it because the Bible said so and the Bible is true because it says so!" that's completely your right and I respect your right to do that.... but why debate the topic if you have no proof to backup anything you say?

It seems you've skipped over most of what I wrote, and ignored the videos and articles I have posted in this thread. Why go to such great effort to ignore evidence? Or if you feel the evidence I've presented or flawed and should be ignored why not share how you feel it's incorrect? If you have evidence that you feel invalidates the evidence that I have presented please be sure to list sources, so we might cross reference your findings.

Thank you for ignoring all of my questions, making wrongful accusations about me and my intentions, ignoring all the evidence I presented, completely dismissing everything I said. Somehow I have a feeling I wouldn't waste my time with a face to face conversation on the subject with someone so close minded.

Good morning to you MI Compassion and may your day be filled with God!

In the bible we have people putting a "fleece" before the Lord in order to communicate... I read this about 25 years ago... and started right there.

Now I can only tell you how God talks to me, 100 people might give you 100 different answers... this is my personal experience.

(He talks to me differently almost every time)

Ok, one of my early memories of God talking to me I was a little boy scratching in the dirt in my back-yard... then all of a sudden (out of the blue) I had an overwhelming feeling... and I pointed the stick at a spot in the dirt and I said, "A bee is going to fall right there." and SPLAT a big old bumble bee fell right where I was pointing.

Another time that pops to my head... I had been recently discharged from the military and was still shaving the corners of my beard like they demand in the military. I had the shaving cream on the corners of my beard and was ready to shave, every time I would raise the razor blade to my face it felt like my heart was breaking.?.?

So I said, "Lord, am I doing something wrong?"

And He said to me, "Go read your bible."

So I set the razor down and walked out of the bathroom to my bedroom dresser top where I kept my bible (the shaving cream still on my face), and I flopped my bible open and my eyes fell on these words:

Lev 21:5
...neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard...

I walked back into the bathroom wiped the shaving cream off the corner of my beard. To this day, when I grow a beard, I don't trim the corners because my KING does not desire this for me.

I sense that you are a deeply spiritual person, and it has always been my experience that if I go out on a limb for God, He always backs it up... and the bible says that God is not a respecter of people... so if He did it for me, He will do it for you.

I find your posts interesting and I hope my personal experience is a blessing for you.

I don't have all the answers... but I know a God who does.

Thanks again my Brother!

Peace to you and yours.

If you are more comfortable ignoring all the evidence that is out there that more realistically and better explains "religious" experiences that we have, and if you'd rather ignore all the evidence showing the bible to be nothing but a collection of third century allegory and contradicting riddles written by MEN hundreds of years after the supposed life and death and Jesus (who's name wasn't actually Jesus, as J does not exist in ancient Hebrew) as a human control mechanism for fearmongerers and would rather instead point at everything you don't understand and say "The God of the Bible did it because the Bible said so and the Bible is true because it says so!" that's completely your right and I respect your right to do that.... but why debate the topic if you have no proof to backup anything you say?

It seems you've skipped over most of what I wrote, and ignored the videos and articles I have posted in this thread. Why go to such great effort to ignore evidence? Or if you feel the evidence I've presented or flawed and should be ignored why not share how you feel it's incorrect? If you have evidence that you feel invalidates the evidence that I have presented please be sure to list sources, so we might cross reference your findings.

Sorry .. I thought you were asking how to get to the point of physical events taking place.

Guest Happy Guy

I too believe we have signs nearly every day to point us in the right direction. Interpretting the signs is the hardest part.

Like this;

The bible does say to not trim the corners of your beard. You could interpret it that way and always have a untrimmed beard. Or you could read further and find out it was to morn the dead. Are you in morning your whole life? I wouldn't use the bible to interpret any signs because in doing that you severely limit the interpretation. In our modern world you can't expect the bible to be able explain all your modern day signs.

The saddest thing in life would be to ignore the signs to the point of never ever seeing a sign. Many live their lifes this way. I'm very thankful for my signs.

Friend

Faith hath no form ...cannot be measured by man

Faith is found in the heart not the mind

where your heart goes so goes your mind and treasure

God respects a mans Faith not his mind nor his treasure

God rewards Faith....everytime

man lets us down .. a lot

I too believe we have signs nearly every day to point us in the right direction. Interpretting the signs is the hardest part.

Like this;

The bible does say to not trim the corners of your beard. You could interpret it that way and always have a untrimmed beard. Or you could read further and find out it was to morn the dead. Are you in morning your whole life? I wouldn't use the bible to interpret any signs because in doing that you severely limit the interpretation. In our modern world you can't expect the bible to be able explain all your modern day signs.

The saddest thing in life would be to ignore the signs to the point of never ever seeing a sign. Many live their lifes this way. I'm very thankful for my signs.

Hello Happy Guy!

Actually God was addressing His priests and giving them instruction as is easily diciferd in a more freindly text:

Lev 21:1 GOD spoke to Moses: "Speak to the priests, the sons of Aaron. Tell them, A priest must not ritually contaminate himself by touching the dead,

Lev 21:2 except for close relatives: mother, father, son, daughter, brother,

Lev 21:3 or an unmarried sister who is dependent on him since she has no husband; for these he may make himself ritually unclean,

Lev 21:4 but he must not contaminate himself with the dead who are only related to him by marriage and thus profane himself.

Lev 21:5 "Priests must not shave their heads or trim their beards or gash their bodies.

Lev 21:6 They must be holy to their God and must not profane the name of their God. Because their job is to present the gifts of GOD, the food of their God, they are to be holy.

Lev 21:7 "Because a priest is holy to his God he must not marry a woman who has been a harlot or a cult prostitute or a divorced woman.

Lev 21:8 Make sure he is holy because he serves the food of your God. Treat him as holy because I, GOD, who make you holy, am holy.

Lev 21:9 "If a priest's daughter defiles herself in prostitution, she disgraces her father. She must be burned at the stake.

Lev 21:10 "The high priest, the one among his brothers who has received the anointing oil poured on his head and been ordained to wear the priestly vestments, must not let his hair go wild and tangled nor wear ragged and torn clothes.

Lev 21:11 He must not enter a room where there is a dead body. He must not ritually contaminate himself, even for his father or mother;

Lev 21:12 and he must neither abandon nor desecrate the Sanctuary of his God because of the dedication of the anointing oil which is upon him. I am GOD.

Lev 21:13 "He is to marry a young virgin,

Lev 21:14 not a widow, not a divorcee, not a cult prostitute--he is only to marry a virgin from his own people.

Lev 21:15 He must not defile his descendants among his people because I am GOD who makes him holy."

Lev 21:16 GOD spoke to Moses:

Lev 21:17 "Tell Aaron, None of your descendants, in any generation to come, who has a defect of any kind may present as an offering the food of his God.

Lev 21:18 That means anyone who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed,

Lev 21:19 crippled in foot or hand,

Lev 21:20 hunchbacked or dwarfed, who has anything wrong with his eyes, who has running sores or damaged testicles.

Lev 21:21 No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to offer gifts to GOD; he has a defect and so must not offer the food of his God.

Lev 21:22 He may eat the food of his God, both the most holy and the holy,

Lev 21:23 but because of his defect he must not go near the curtain or approach the Altar. It would desecrate my Sanctuary. I am GOD who makes them holy."

Lev 21:24 Moses delivered this message to Aaron, his sons, and to all the People of Israel.

Nothing really to do with funerals perse.

However you are correct that on that day, at that time... it didn't matter what part of the sentence it fell in... In actuality it shows what an idiot I am!

See?

I raise the razor to my face to shave... I feel my heart breaking?

DUH! God is telling me not to shave (for whatever reason). God is telling me in HIS LANGUAGE (my breaking heart) not to shave my corners... but we (as humans) desire to hear a voice, or read it on a page.

But me, I had to see it in print... so God directed me to the bible so He could literally spell it out for me.

See? I have learned to just trust Him and not have to have it backed up by what some man wrote on a page.

He who is perfect will ignore the world, and follow that "still small voice" IMO.

Thanks!

Friend

Faith hath no form ...cannot be measured by man

Faith is found in the heart not the mind

where your heart goes so goes your mind and treasure

God respects a mans Faith not his mind nor his treasure

God rewards Faith....everytime

man lets us down .. a lot

These are very bold claims. I would love to see the evidence you used to come to these conclusions, so I can experience it for myself. Can you prove any of these statements to be true? My personal experiences seem to contradict your claims, and I have shown evidence that the bible is incorrect so if that is your source of evidence you would need to refute my claims before using it as your evidence.

Man made science and medicine has over doubled the life expectancy of man in the past 100 years, given us a deeper understanding of the universe we live in down to the atomic and sub atomic levels, given us automobiles, flight, space travel, computers, the internet which allows us to communicate instantly across the globe, has eradicated the vast majority of the deadly diseases that once plagued mankind, and increased the earth's carrying capacity and food production millions of time over. Has God done anything like this?

I am sure you will argue that those things should be given credit to God, and I would argue the burden of evidence is on you to prove this to be true, ad infinitum.

I am sure ..ad infinitum.

we are witnessing the gift of free will can you see it?

God gives us the tools and waits for us to find him... He knows where you are.

You my friend have been blessed with a large toolbox.

God gotta job for You.

Your statment suggest the Faith is there....just need to feed it.

Love ya Bro

Guest Happy Guy

If you aimed that bible reference at me, I'm no bible reading advocate. I find a lot of the info in the bible definitely incorrect and written for the obvious reason to control society. I just used the bible to show how it could confuse the signs you get in everyday life. Many signs are called coincidense. Others are ignored. How do we know our signs all come from God?

If you aimed that bible reference at me, I'm no bible reading advocate. I find a lot of the info in the bible definitely incorrect and written for the obvious reason to control society. I just used the bible to show how it could confuse the signs you get in everyday life. Many signs are called coincidense. Others are ignored. How do we know our signs all come from God?

Sorry, not sure why it quoted you in my post, I was responding to brbud.

Guest Happy Guy

Sorry, not sure why it quoted you in my post, I was responding to brbud.

When I looked at your post above you had me quoted in it. Now it is edited out. That was the only reason for my reply. Gotta be quicker with your editing today. LOL It's all good.

Archived