Legal Guerrilla Growers

EdwardGlen

It was bound to happen with the attitude of raid, arrest and jail medical marijuana patients and caregivers here in Michigan.

One of ours has moved his garden and went back to guerrilla style growing because him and his wife both have five patients plus themselves.

And I honestly don't blame them for being extra cautious and not wanting to become the latest victims of civil rights violations that are being perpetrated in the guise of law enforcement.

Peace

if I didn't live in the City of Detroit or Ann Arbor I'd be considering the same thing. 20+ years experience w/o ANY problems only to be tricked into thinking your legal and exposing yourself to arrest. Things were almost easier then. being paranoid about arrest and avoiding it seems better than letting your guard down, thinking your legal, and going to jail anyway. I bet Archie would agree

It was bound to happen with the attitude of raid, arrest and jail medical marijuana patients and caregivers here in Michigan.

One of ours has moved his garden and went back to guerrilla style growing because him and his wife both have five patients plus themselves.

And I honestly don't blame them for being extra cautious and not wanting to become the latest victims of civil rights violations that are being perpetrated in the guise of law enforcement.

Peace

having lived through the ENTIRE ordeal in California from literally just a month after prop 215 passed until just this past spring.......... i feel the need to share some time with ya :)

there are a few different ways to look at this..... and like yourself, i cannot blame them.

BUT:

"going back underground"

not entirely sure what that means? were these people who grew illegally before the laws (i could care less personally) and then got legal...... and then went into the public spotlight in some way?? or did they become a helpful member here on the site?? were they a face at rallies and just no longer wish to be seen? i mean, i do not care to know who you are speaking of...... nor should anyone else...... but "going back underground" means that that had to stick their heads "above ground" at some point?

picikng up 5 patients and minding your own business from there IS JUST FINE AND DANDY!! :)

and this is where things get sticky. before the law came into effect, they were putting themselves in great danger. prison/family/money.... blah blah. and depending on where they were, god only knows what the prison time would have looked like.

now they are legal and do not have these worries. obviously this weighs HUGE on the mind of anyone who is growing illegally in any way shape or form.

now dont get me wrong.... im not speaking negatively of anyone..... but your friend has this right because of the masses. the majority of the people in this state voted...... and im dead sure he/she voted as well.

they are some of the fortunate ones who got a "jump on the grow thing". they already had grows dialed in when the laws came into effect. MOST people waited months and months to get cards before planting plants. that means they have gone through maybe 3 or 4 cycles as new growers and are still fumbling around trying to get things dialed in.

there are ways that they can still help the masses that helped lift that huge weight off their backs when Michigan MMJ laws passed. i stay private. i help people.

they can help online..... they can have a patient of theirs run 20 clones to a compassion club...... there are ways to pay that karma debt that they have :)

I'm having a hard time wrapping my small brain around this. We now have the right to grow 12 plants per patient, with a maximum of 72 blah blah blah... The municipality that I live in has embraced the will of the people, with some restrictions. We cannot have more than 99 plants at any one address. That doesn't mean that anyone has to go underground. If more than one caregiver lives at the same address, they are all still entitled to grow their maximum of 72 plants each. They may just have to set up a grow at a remote location, because they can't exceed 99 plants. That doesn't seem too unreasonable. I fear that certified patient / caregiver growers who push beyond the limits are going to give everyone a black eye if they get in trouble. The almost daily stories of card holding growers getting in trouble seem to include some detail of how they misinterpreted the law, smoked in a public place, drove down the road smoking, didn't have a secure space, blah blah blah. We don't have to go underground! We just have to color inside the lines.

legal guerilla?

you're either legal--a patient,carded,registered or you're not in which case maybe you are depending upon the AD and that's for patient defense only, not for c.g defense, right?

So if you're growing more than 12 or whatever is your legally defensible number and amount on hand for personal use, you engage in NO SALES except just plain old illegal drug dealing OR you're supplying patients by patient to patient transfers and not on caregiver compliance at all? And no sales to compassion clubs or dispensaries at all since you are not a registered caregiver?

Really asking for clarification.

Or does 'legal guerilla' mean all registered and carded and dug fifteen feet under into a concrete bunker whose entrance appears to be nothing other than a manhole or on a farm a silage pit?

I am not sure why anyone would need to grow 72 plants if it for there patients ONLY. I mean 72 plants would produce at least 9lbs should last 5 patients a very very very very very long time. What do I know I grow plants 4" tall that produce 7 grams LOL

you answered your own question - you grow 7gram plants. A person could grow 72 7 gram plants too.

The best growers only need the extra plant count for clones and then you have the plants in veg and flower, you assumed that growers flower out the max plant count. I myself I have 3 clones, 2 mothers, and 7 flowering plants. Since strains harvest at different times, I will not harvest all plants the same time. So, the 9lb comment is misinformation that anti-growers use against us.

-DN

I am not sure why anyone would need to grow 72 plants if it for there patients ONLY. I mean 72 plants would produce at least 9lbs should last 5 patients a very very very very very long time. What do I know I grow plants 4" tall that produce 7 grams LOL

If you would harvest 72 @ 7 gram plants you'd have a whopping 1 lb 2ozs. If you each took 2.5 ozs ( you & 5 patients) you would have 3 ozs to last till next harvest.

All twelve plants @ 7 grams is less than 2 ounces.

I never actually came out and told a ton of people that im growing anyway so i guess i stayed underground from jump street the majority who knows im legal think i have a caregiver and cannot grow my own i prefer it that way . :thumbsu:

I'm thinking this might be smart for my wife and I to do too. I really don't grow much as we are not interested in having any overages to get donations for. A caregiver that does one ounce free per month and they keep the rest from our plants would be good enough for us.

Archived