Mexican Bag Seed

hofner67

I have grown mex bag seed when I first started and its really hit or miss,alot of time to sex and wait to see what kind of quality if any its worth,although once I got one with pink hairs and spindly as all get out but didnt reveg and had no clones so ya-PM me and if you are in my area or are willing to drive I will give you some afghans for free to get you started unless you are wanting to get your feet wet with the bagseed-which is not a bad idea but either way I have extras of the afghan and would rather have you give that a shot-strong plant and takes alot of abuse so its a good learner-peace

I've got this one that looks like sensi-star. Luckily I cloned it. Trying a couple more.

It seems as though my purple kush's genetics are getting a bit weak as they seem more prone to disease and such. Is that when you know the genetics are getting weak? I have no idea how many times its been cloned before me. How many times have you been able to get away with cloning clones?

Just seems like Mexico is a great place with plentiful to get strong genetics, albeit of dubious strength. I'd hate to overlook the obvious.

its hit or miss. im not going to say you cant find a decent baby from bagseed. 1 word.....chemdog, but the odds are not in your favor. especially with the brick stuff. as far as strain info. they grow for quantity. not quality. a good rule of thumb is that if the bag is of exceptional quality and your like darn thats chronic, and there is some seeds then ok.

I am curious about mexican bag seed. It would seem that the genetics would be very strong as seeded pot is quite common for them. Does anyone have any experience with the mexican strains? There is very little on the current mexican strains and how they may be improving them.

first, your question is a bit misworded i believe, or vague or something :) but this is going to be your best answer:

its really hit or miss

It would seem that the genetics would be very strong as seeded pot is quite common for them.

??? im missing something in that statement?? the presence of seeds, nor the country of the grow have any 100% affects on the cannabis quality.

anyways..... it is hit or miss simply because we stereotype such a large quantity of cannabis as "mexican brick weed"..... mexico is a big place, with many many growers.... some big plantation growers.... some smaller. and believe that some of that mexican brick weed came from a mixture of about 10 other south american countries as well.

some actually take a bit of time and spend some money in their seeds..... some just shake a few trees from last crop on the barn floor and gather them up for next crop planting.

the problem is that by the time it gets to the united states, its all junk weed. it may have been decent at once time, but after being thrown around in huge piles to dry in an old barn for a couple months and then being sprayed with ammonia and other crap to reduce mold.... and being rewetted and pressed and beat up and shipped in gasoline tanks and old tires..... its crap...... but you never know if the seeds inside that crap came from a small timer in columbia who took time to plant 100 good beans..... or the czar in mexico who planted 2500 mixed crap beans full of hermie possibilites from cross pollination from last grow, and the grow before, and the one before that.....

Well said.

first, your question is a bit misworded i believe, or vague or something :) but this is going to be your best answer:

??? im missing something in that statement?? the presence of seeds, nor the country of the grow have any 100% affects on the cannabis quality.

anyways..... it is hit or miss simply because we stereotype such a large quantity of cannabis as "mexican brick weed"..... mexico is a big place, with many many growers.... some big plantation growers.... some smaller. and believe that some of that mexican brick weed came from a mixture of about 10 other south american countries as well.

some actually take a bit of time and spend some money in their seeds..... some just shake a few trees from last crop on the barn floor and gather them up for next crop planting.

the problem is that by the time it gets to the united states, its all junk weed. it may have been decent at once time, but after being thrown around in huge piles to dry in an old barn for a couple months and then being sprayed with ammonia and other crap to reduce mold.... and being rewetted and pressed and beat up and shipped in gasoline tanks and old tires..... its crap...... but you never know if the seeds inside that crap came from a small timer in columbia who took time to plant 100 good beans..... or the czar in mexico who planted 2500 mixed crap beans full of hermie possibilites from cross pollination from last grow, and the grow before, and the one before that.....

Frist, it is very possible if not likely that I don't know very much and that my grammar and sentence structure is admittedly not the best.

That said, I'm thinking with all that pot pollen apparently flying around in mexico that there may be extensive genetic diversity. And given that the the strains are considerably better than hemp, Mexico could be a great place for fresh genetics. If not the most naturally occuring diversity anywhere.

And this is all speculation on my part. Uninformed and untested.

But yes, I've heard that most seeds we get are old and therefore prone to hermaphrodites. And maybe all those chemicals they use may contribute to hermis afterall.

Just thought it might be worth trying everyonce in awhile.

First try---one male, one female. Flipped coin before flowering and accidentally and luckily picked female to clone.

Very resinous, definitely sativa. Looks like sensi-star from what I've seen from the catalogs. More resin than my purple kush.

Am I wrong???--- I have heard the DEA, CIA, whatever international agency which conducts marijuana control in these regions will release "NO THC" OR in other words "INDUSTRIAL HEMP" male pollen to decrease demand (VIA the PLANE?).

Perhaps it's an old tactic..?

That being said?

Thoughtful thoughts on this on..... :thumbsu:

:skydive:

Hey Hofner....

There are a few growers here that offer seeds as long as your a cardholder. If your not and just have your paperwork, I would ship some seeds in. Some go by the Attitude Seedbank on here and have really good success...and they usually throw in some freebies to sweeten the deal.

If your looking for the Mexican taste, have a go with AK 47 by Serious Seeds. Ak has some Mexican, Columbian and Thai varieties in it. The AK can still be had in seed form, and there are usually some clones floating around too.

Good luck with your search.

Not all Mexican weed is crap, so lots of Mexican bagseed will produce good buds. But, mexican plants are mostly sativa, so they will grow differently than most strains bred for indoors. One might want to only grow a few Mexican seeds, and then make clones once you have a few sexed plants. Those clones would only need to veged a couple weeks or not at all in order to stay the size you need them. Sativa are genearlly lower yielding, taller, and longer flowering, so unless you really want Mexican Sativa's I would stick to clones from known strains that were bred for indoors.

It is a total myth that all Mexican pot sucks. Sure most that makes it up here does. But, down by the border there is a lot of pot that isn't bricked and they called it "sexy mexi". And in Mexico you can occasionally get well dried and cured buds. Mexico has a lot of variablity in their strains.

www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/uploads/1292649385/tn_gallery_8052_487_250555.jpg

oops

tn_gallery_8052_487_250555.jpg

bag seed

defiantly

i saved all the seeds from my last 3-4 years of recreational use, and once i became a pt, i had an excellent variety to choose from.

i layed them out on a paper plate.

picked the 10 best lookin...

popped em all....

choose the best 4 after they were 3 weeks or so old

then i vegged them for a few weeks..

once i saw a few white hairs i picked the best lookin girl (who showed a few hairs earliest) and kept her off to the side and flowered the other 3

2 became female...1 male...not bad in the end

i got lucky

i followed KISS

strongest one gets to live at each stage.....

now....

(see picture above)

mi sea esta (i just named her finally)

has been grown through 4 cycles here and i have given her rooted genetic reproductions to 3 other growers this past week.

i cant wait to c how they do with her.

its the best meds i have had yet to date so far.....

i think i got dam lucky but i also followed KISS and watched the little things grow.....they r cool to watch....and 1 always grows stronger and faster....fun stuff...

shes controlling me right now, and makin me rant LOL

all i m sayin is bag seed gets a bad rap....i for one really appreciate the free seeds.....

www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/uploads/1292649385/tn_gallery_8052_487_250555.jpg

oops

tn_gallery_8052_487_250555.jpg

bag seed

defiantly

i saved all the seeds from my last 3-4 years of recreational use, and once i became a pt, i had an excellent variety to choose from.

i layed them out on a paper plate.

picked the 10 best lookin...

popped em all....

choose the best 4 after they were 3 weeks or so old

then i vegged them for a few weeks..

once i saw a few white hairs i picked the best lookin girl (who showed a few hairs earliest) and kept her off to the side and flowered the other 3

2 became female...1 male...not bad in the end

i got lucky

i followed KISS

strongest one gets to live at each stage.....

now....

(see picture above)

mi sea esta (i just named her finally)

has been grown through 4 cycles here and i have given her rooted genetic reproductions to 3 other growers this past week.

i cant wait to c how they do with her.

its the best meds i have had yet to date so far.....

i think i got dam lucky but i also followed KISS and watched the little things grow.....they r cool to watch....and 1 always grows stronger and faster....fun stuff...

shes controlling me right now, and makin me rant LOL

all i m sayin is bag seed gets a bad rap....i for one really appreciate the free seeds.....

Fantasitic....thanks...I'm keeping an eye on the bag seed. This weekend I'll take some pics of my beauty. What a blessing. I'm gonna run that for awhile. Will be the biggest part of the garden in the next grow.

sexi mexi!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hermies are the big problem with Mexican weed. Not all, but many farmers plant their fields completely from seed. Males are left so females aren't checked for hermie flowers. Pollination is almost always done open, with that said, theres tons of hermie pollen flying around down there.

Sativa are genearlly lower yielding, taller, and longer flowering

Please don't let my plants know that they're lower yielding. I'm not going to complain when they put out up to 2lbs per plant outdoors. If you have a good season or a good greenhouse you're going to be amazed.

Even on an indoor grow they produce well if you know what you're doing. They just take a helluva lot more work inside.

Aren't the mexicans coming over here now and growing on state land?

Most Likeley, they are working for other Growers. This is a type of propaganda currently being perpetuated by several news sources all originating OUT WEST. Mostly for the typical Racial Biasing. Some to shift blame from previous growers. All [Propoganda] seemingly Perpetuated to Enhance Misguided Law Enforcement Efforts.

Archived