The Mos Cutty Project

Guest MosCutty

Guest MosCutty

i like the idea of a little start up company to build these UC's on the cheap for the common man. how much were you able to get your Square buckets for? with lids and seals of course. this is deff. the route I want to go. I'm thinking big rez and 5 gal buckets but would rather lower the profile height as much as possible. seems easy enough to set up a automated top off system too. I did this on a reef system for vacations and ended up leaving it in service because it made life easy. Coral reef keeping is much like hydro, well it is hydro! keeping minerals in balance and ph so everything stays soluble, and letting beneficial bacteria do it's job to keep parasites in check as well as nitrites, nitrates, and ammonia. sorry to ramble just making a comparison.

No worries I like your thought process, I too am interested in salt water aquariums.

IMO you don't want to go smaller on the buckets, you want to go taller if anything. The 8 gallon ropaks are 12inchs tall, I am currently running 6in net pots. You want the water level during veg about 1 inch below the pot, and it I drop it a bit more towards the end of flowering.

The problem with a shorter bucket is the root mass having no place to go. A taller bucket allows the root mass to move horizontal first, then down. You have to consider you are trying to train the roots too. :thumbsu:

Even with the 8 gallon buckets you run the risk of clogging the pvc with roots down the stretch. Veg time and understand how your strains grow is key.

We can talk more about that in PM if you like.

As for the bucket cost, I think with uniseals it cost me around 22 bucks a bucket. However I would not run the Ropak lid again, it can't support the plants. :thumbsd:

I'll be making some custom inserts for my next run.

The deal with any sort of co-op is getting people to put up the money for the buckets and seals. I can get them both in bulk, however I don't have a need to buy pallets of buckets nor hundreds of uni-seals.

I think at this point only a few of us are into this system, many think it's to hard and not cost effective. I'd say when you learn how to fly the ship this is the future.

I also believe that DIY is the way to go on this one. Current Culture would like to make many updates on the system but they need to sell the current stock. Most that buy systems from them end up making changes anyway, It's a little easier to make changes when you didn't drop 2k for some buckets. :thumbsu:

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thansk for the in depth reply rasta. i get ya on the height thing with the roots. and agree with everything else you said. RDWC is scary to some people but like I was saying I have a history with ecosystem management so it's cake to me, at least in theroy. little tings people don't know about, because they don't read enough, like using zone and not using zymes when to use bennies and stop using zone keeping the light out of the root zone. there is a lot of info out there on this that my sponge has been processing. but now that I have followed the cause and effect of several grows using this tec I am sold. I have coached alot of grows of people who "Know what there doing" and its little things that they wont listen to you about that cause their failure. the system doesn't have flaws, the prob lies in the undereducated user that fails to do their homework first and then tells everyone UC dosent work, I have seen alot worse problems with people growing in soil than with this system... when you droppping the new science on us? Easy Skanking bruta

sending you a couple links check your email. :sword:

Guest MosCutty

Thansk for the in depth reply rasta. i get ya on the height thing with the roots. and agree with everything else you said. RDWC is scary to some people but like I was saying I have a history with ecosystem management so it's cake to me, at least in theroy. little tings people don't know about, because they don't read enough, like using zone and not using zymes when to use bennies and stop using zone keeping the light out of the root zone. there is a lot of info out there on this that my sponge has been processing. but now that I have followed the cause and effect of several grows using this tec I am sold. I have coached alot of grows of people who "Know what there doing" and its little things that they wont listen to you about that cause their failure. the system doesn't have flaws, the prob lies in the undereducated user that fails to do their homework first and then tells everyone UC dosent work, I have seen alot worse problems with people growing in soil than with this system... when you droppping the new science on us? Easy Skanking bruta

sending you a couple links check your email. :sword:

It really comes down to understand the plants life cycle when it comes to application of nutes and bennies. I'm in agreement bennies at the right time can help increase THC. Also believe that some levels of stress are good for the overall performance and quality of the plants.

It's early in the a.m I have lots to say on this but need to medicate and spend time with the fruiting lady's!

Thanks for the input and links lots of good ideas floating around. :thumbsu:

Guest MosCutty

Oh and I'll be hitting a pic update of the flowering room this week, and getting into the new project very soon. I need to build a few things to get started.

Guest MosCutty

Morning mos cutty

how's those girls doing ???

All is well in the garden, things are moving right along. I just dropped the water level and set the nutes for the last time a few days ago.

Now I'm letting them feed down until final flush.

I'm really loving AN OverDrive, the plants are making a nice final push. :thumbsu:

Can't wait for the Pre'98 Bubba, by far some of the best examples I've grown. It's been nice to see my philosophies on feeding translated into RDWC with success. :thumbsu:

I've been spending much time catching up on other gigs so haven't taken pics yet. I figure I'll wait until flush date when the Pre'98 is darker purple. :rolleyes:

I hope the testers are ready to lay down a serious smoke report

All is well in the garden, things are moving right along. I just dropped the water level and set the nutes for the last time a few days ago.

Now I'm letting them feed down until final flush.

I'm really loving AN OverDrive, the plants are making a nice final push. :thumbsu:

Can't wait for the Pre'98 Bubba, by far some of the best examples I've grown. It's been nice to see my philosophies on feeding translated into RDWC with success. :thumbsu:

I've been spending much time catching up on other gigs so haven't taken pics yet. I figure I'll wait until flush date when the Pre'98 is darker purple. :rolleyes:

I hope the testers are ready to lay down a serious smoke report

Well I thought back 7 - 8 pages ago I was on the Taste Test List . So if By Chance I am let me know & I'll cleanse me Pallet with Oyster Crackers & Goat Milk Cheese preparing for the Smoke Report . Be Nice to taste some new Project varieties on these feckin cold winter day's . Things are lookin Good Mos with the project ,,,

Guest MosCutty

Well I thought back 7 - 8 pages ago I was on the Taste Test List . So if By Chance I am let me know & I'll cleanse me Pallet with Oyster Crackers & Goat Milk Cheese preparing for the Smoke Report . Be Nice to taste some new Project varieties on these feckin cold winter day's . Things are lookin Good Mos with the project ,,,

Dub of course your on the list, it's a few pages back somewhere. I've been busy with office work and other aspects of life. The final flush is done. :thumbsu:

All the pruning and tying is done, room is clean, all gear is working flawlessly. I can just go and look for now and watch the show.

The smell of Pre'98 is like summertime, love it. This is a great crop for winter depression. :thumbsu:

The lemon skunk is lovely as well, citrus smell, loaded with THC, I catch Mrs.Cutty groping the Lemon Skunks, I better keep and eye on her. :watching:

Yes yes I am prepared to do just that. Would you like a confidential report or an open public one?

Public of course Big J, what fun is it if you keep the info too yourself. I'm sure some wonder if I can grow, it's not all in the looks of the plants or the setup is about the final outcome.

It it looks good but taste like nutes, that's no good. So let's see if Mos Cutty can put it down?

I see you like Battle Creek, maybe I'll link your there? I'd like to meet Maggie anyway.

Gotta get this thing in the bag.

Guest MosCutty

Picture time, figure one more set of pics with the lights on. Then I'll get into the take down early next week.

First I think we need medz and a song.

Girls on Film. :pic: :pic: :pic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gudEttJlw3s

These nugs are very very dense! :thumbsu:

gallery_4481_617_223167.jpg

I really need a better camara, these girls are sticky, had to be tied up because of the weight.

gallery_4481_617_10478.jpg

I had to drop a few vertical 400w to get the bottom more light. :thumbsu:

gallery_4481_617_4934.jpg

All and all I am a happy camper! :jig:

Public of course Big J, what fun is it if you keep the info too yourself. I'm sure some wonder if I can grow, it's not all in the looks of the plants or the setup is about the final outcome.

It it looks good but taste like nutes, that's no good. So let's see if Mos Cutty can put it down?

I see you like Battle Creek, maybe I'll link your there? I'd like to meet Maggie anyway.

Gotta get this thing in the bag.

Let me know when you want to meet me there I will make sure I get a sitter. Not sure when the surgery to remover the tumor is but I will keep you up to date when I hear.

Picture time, figure one more set of pics with the lights on. Then I'll get into the take down early next week.

First I think we need medz and a song.

Girls on Film. :pic: :pic: :pic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gudEttJlw3s

These nugs are very very dense! :thumbsu:

gallery_4481_617_223167.jpg

I really need a better camara, these girls are sticky, had to be tied up because of the weight.

gallery_4481_617_10478.jpg

I had to drop a few vertical 400w to get the bottom more light. :thumbsu:

gallery_4481_617_4934.jpg

All and all I am a happy camper! :jig:

Looking Fantastic MosCutty!

Can ya recommend a vertical light?

I'll research too! I just want your opinion..... :D

Guest MosCutty

Looking good mos

Looking forward to the taste test

Me too Brother, at least your not hanging out looking at the girls all day drooling. May sure I have your info so I can link you for your samples. :thumbsu:

FLASHBACK! from the days of MTV's infancy when it was about music videos, and film was flammable. Thanks for reminding us all how awful the 80's were. lol. Your chicks are looking foxy!

Yes Duran Duran, classic stuff. We need to figure out a plan for you as well.

Looking Fantastic MosCutty!

Can ya recommend a vertical light?

I'll research too! I just want your opinion..... :D

Yeah mine are just hanging out in there ghetto still with no cover. I did burn a nice nug the other day. :thumbsd:

It's also dangerous to have a bare light in a room, so don't do what I'm doing make a cool tube!

http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f95/diy-cooltube-6713/

I'll be making a few of these after this run, very nice to have on deck if plants get out of control like your monsters! :thumbsu:

Guest MosCutty

Let me know when you want to meet me there I will make sure I get a sitter. Not sure when the surgery to remover the tumor is but I will keep you up to date when I hear.

Please let me know Big J, then I really need to make sure you have this Pre'98 in your hands. Sounds like you will need serious relief after surgery. If need be I will make arrangements with a member of your club, or I can personally come to you.

Guest MosCutty

Almost done with the graphics!

gallery_4481_617_35452.jpg

Scanned dried leaves, some over 6 years old, Photoshop, layering and tools, then adobe indesign, for the fonts.

Think I did okay?

Almost done with the graphics!

gallery_4481_617_35452.jpg

Scanned dried leaves, some over 6 years old, Photoshop, layering and tools, then adobe indesign, for the fonts.

Think I did okay?

Great lookin Logo Mos ,

May I Suggest maybe using a bit more Vibrant Color & possibly bolder with the Lettering Outline to help it stand out a bit more & not blend into the background . Nice Job ,,,

Guest MosCutty

Great lookin Logo Mos ,

May I Suggest maybe using a bit more Vibrant Color & possibly bolder with the Lettering Outline to help it stand out a bit more & not blend into the background . Nice Job ,,,

Yeah I think the colors are reversed on the final, I uploaded the wrong one.LOL

Like I said work in progress.

Guest MosCutty

Coming up my man! It's been a long week at the cutty farm, now I'm back in the mix. Updates coming soon!

Dr. Tarzan got the first samples today and he'll be rolling in a smoke report. :thumbsu:

Coming up my man! It's been a long week at the cutty farm, now I'm back in the mix. Updates coming soon!

Dr. Tarzan got the first samples today and he'll be rolling in a smoke report. :thumbsu:

Thank You 'MosCutty'

Here is my report :

Pre 98 ~ Bubba Kush

* Very Nice Head Tune

* Nice Bubba Kush After Taste ( I Love )

* Skunky Odor

* Curred Very Nice

* Burns Smooth

* Rock Hard Buds

* Trimmed Nicely , No Stems , All Budd

* Med in Mason Jar w/ patients name , weight , date (professional)

* Medication Value 8.5

Very Nice Job My Friend ...

Thanks for allowing me the pleasure of testing your Meds ...

I 'll return the Favor when My " Herijuana " is ready in April :thumbsu:

Guest MosCutty

Thank You 'MosCutty'

Here is my report :

Pre 98 ~ Bubba Kush

* Very Nice Head Tune

* Nice Bubba Kush After Taste ( I Love )

* Skunky Odor

* Curred Very Nice

* Burns Smooth

* Rock Hard Buds

* Trimmed Nicely , No Stems , All Budd

* Med in Mason Jar w/ patients name , weight , date (professional)

* Medication Value 8.5

Very Nice Job My Friend ...

Thanks for allowing me the pleasure of testing your Meds ...

I 'll return the Favor when My " Herijuana " is ready in April :thumbsu:

Thanks Dr.T, I'm pleased with the run so far and look forward to the final cured Pre'98. One thing you do loose in water based is some of the complexity of the undertones of coffee.

That's why I gifted you this very special girl, your love of coffee and you almost killed me for the plant the first time I let you taste it.! :thumbsu:

Should have given them a pic of your nugs Dr. T. :goodjob:

I'm looking forward to your Herijuana!

Thanks Dr.T, I'm pleased with the run so far and look forward to the final cured Pre'98. One thing you do loose in water based is some of the complexity of the undertones of coffee.

That's why I gifted you this very special girl, your love of coffee and you almost killed me for the plant the first time I let you taste it.! :thumbsu:

Should have given them a pic of your nugs Dr. T. :goodjob:

I'm looking forward to your Herijuana!

No Thank You 'MosCutty' :bighug:

First , Our Good Camera stopped working ...

Plus i really never like it anyways.

So i want to Buy/Trade a really Nice Digital Camera

that i can Focus / Zoom in Manuelly like the Nikon D90 .

Secondly ...

KILLED is a pretty strong word ...

Maybe b i t c h and moan long enough to drive You CraZy .... LoL

Archived