The Mos Cutty Project

Guest MosCutty

I haven't addressed that yet. I've been here from the beginning, check it out. I'M THE FIRST MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC TO SIGN UP ON THIS SITE! member # 11. I'm here EVERY day, rarely post. why? I hate drama. The constant grandstanding, in fighting and trolls make it hard to stay here. As bad as this site can be it is also the best. info, people, news and opinions I hadn't considered are what I come back for. I also try and remember that most here are patients too and when "good" people go off, more than likely having a rotten day. Still not something I want to deal with and thats why I say " YOU ROCK". just for staying and enduring the attacks from left field. Your a good man Moss and I look forward to running into you some day. I'll be the one with the hair!!

Excellent Observations L-H-Bri ,

As I see it all . I Think Possibly Mos's Passions of his 30 Day Grow Project were Confused by a few people as Arrogance . Many are Quick to Confuse Passion with Arrogance . I Perceive Mos & his project is Not just for him but in fact for All to see & learn from his trials & tribulations from a Teacher/Educator's perspective . Yes he is a bit more fortunate than most here in setting up this project , But I'm sure he worked hard obtaining the funds ,knowledge as well as the equipment . So let us not be envious but Thankful that he's willing to share that knowledge . Mos Please correct me if by chance I'm wrong , But I betcha this is not yer 1st grow & it looks to me as well as several others that follow this thread Ya Know what yer Doing .

Thanks Mos for yer Determination & Fortitude in sticking with the project , That Speaks Volumes . The Best O'Luck . Keep the Info & Pictures Flowin ,,,

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MosCutty

Your grow looks fantastic, Cutty. I haven't checked in before because my focus is on developing my organic method. RDWC obviously kicks asss and it will be great to see how the flowers turn out. Thanks for the hard work and dedication. As far as I can tell you've been nothing but kind in this thread.

Top Selector MightyMezz thanks for dropping in and the kind words. I have always grown organically as well and continue to do so on a micro scale. This system interest me because of how fast it goes and the ease of use once you have a good understanding of it.

I also think there is a good chance of organic feedings through the root crown via drip. I'm thinking of using 9" net pots that are covered with rapid root cubes on the bottom, then add hydroton on top of that.

The root cubes would hold the organic material long enough that the plant would break it down before it hit the recirculating water below.

This would be adopted in the 3rd week of flowering. My theory is we often buy starter plants for the veggie garden that are not organic then bring them home and grow them in an organic environment and call it good.

I also have not done the research on just how bad, the average hydo ferts are? But I know everyone loves the Giant buds that are produced in hydo. Not to say the same can't be produced in soil, just not as fast!

Let it be known Cutty is all about Soil and Hydro unity! :thumbsu:

I haven't addressed that yet. I've been here from the beginning, check it out. I'M THE FIRST MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC TO SIGN UP ON THIS SITE! member # 11. I'm here EVERY day, rarely post. why? I hate drama. The constant grandstanding, in fighting and trolls make it hard to stay here. As bad as this site can be it is also the best. info, people, news and opinions I hadn't considered are what I come back for. I also try and remember that most here are patients too and when "good" people go off, more than likely having a rotten day. Still not something I want to deal with and thats why I say " YOU ROCK". just for staying and enduring the attacks from left field. Your a good man Moss and I look forward to running into you some day. I'll be the one with the hair!!

Thanks for the words Bri, Yes most of us are patients and that's what its all about. I'm not a big time caregiver that's high rolling, I know a few but that's not me. I have myself and 3 patients and two are family members.

And just for the record I am only flowering 11 plants and stay well below my plant count! :thumbsu:

Most of my count is for holding my elites that can't be let go.

Yes we will be making a plan during the harvest, I'm down for a meet up it's time to leave the cutty cave soon.

Thanks for sticking around Mos. I hate it when members leave before we get a chance to really get to know them and see what they have to offer our community. John

Thanks John, I don't think they leave they just lurk. However we should work hard to bring them back. All voices are valid!

Excellent Observations L-H-Bri ,

As I see it all . I Think Possibly Mos's Passions of his 30 Day Grow Project were Confused by a few people as Arrogance . Many are Quick to Confuse Passion with Arrogance . I Perceive Mos & his project is Not just for him but in fact for All to see & learn from his trials & tribulations from a Teacher/Educator's perspective . Yes he is a bit more fortunate than most here in setting up this project , But I'm sure he worked hard obtaining the funds ,knowledge as well as the equipment . So let us not be envious but Thankful that he's willing to share that knowledge . Mos Please correct me if by chance I'm wrong , But I betcha this is not yer 1st grow & it looks to me as well as several others that follow this thread Ya Know what yer Doing .

Thanks Mos for yer Determination & Fortitude in sticking with the project , That Speaks Volumes . The Best O'Luck . Keep the Info & Pictures Flowin ,,,

Correct dub, this is not my first Trip around the sun I laid that down in the first sentence. Often people jump on board without reading things from the top. I didn't come here to be like, "Hey guys, I'm cooler then you." My setup on this project is not that big. I know some guys around these parts using RDWC on a huge scale, and they are legal.

I just viewed a 30K grow a week ago, my grow is child's play to these guys. However they respect what I do, and I respect what they do for there community.

My thinking is by showing what I do, maybe people that have much more to offer then me will come forward and help out on the 3MA. Diversity is a good thing, we should want as many perspectives as possible.

And for the record I owned all my lights, hoods, and lumber before this project. Yes I bought some stuff but these are investments because I'm very serious about producing the best quality medication for myself and my patients.

Morning MosCutty

Turn Your Love Around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8LRxw_a6j4

I love that song Dr.T George was the man!

Guest MosCutty

Again thanks all for the kind words, it does make a difference! So the flowering room is doing well, I hit a few bumps but nothing I couldn't handle. I think I'm gonna keep stalling on the video.

I want to get into some elites and hybrids and I need to run this TGA Plush Berry down before spring. This strain was gifted to me with the catch that I find a solid pheno and hold it. So I gotta push on her.

Here are the clones, I should have roots in a couple of days. Since I have to move fast the girls in this batch will go in the Sub-Current system.

gallery_4481_617_80650.jpg

Here is the Stud before he goes to the vault.

gallery_4481_617_67550.jpg

I was looking for a new female plant to grow so I tried to crack a few beans, Reserva Cole Train, Swampy x God Bud, Pre-98 BX.

Reserva didn't go, My Swampy gross is up and running, and no go on the bubba. Let's hope this Swamp x God Bud, is a girl!

gallery_4481_617_77089.jpg

Here is the Sentinel CHHC-1 up and going, with 1500ppm. Yes! :thumbsu:

gallery_4481_617_119730.jpg

Cool.... ill stop by sometimes. i like the picks o ur plants..... i dont wanna be a tester. I wont get in the mix of all the bs.... they might have jumped u a bit, and they are right as well. good luck i hope it all works out for u. im afraid i wont learn much here, as im not one to spend money one stuff i dont have to have....but its fun to watch u play. Now please dont call me a hater, or a newbie....lol

Guest MosCutty

Cool.... ill stop by sometimes. i like the picks o ur plants..... i dont wanna be a tester. I wont get in the mix of all the bs.... they might have jumped u a bit, and they are right as well. good luck i hope it all works out for u. im afraid i wont learn much here, as im not one to spend money one stuff i dont have to have....but its fun to watch u play. Now please dont call me a hater, or a newbie....lol

Right on brother Ganja. I know I don't like to spend money on things I don' t need either. That's why I don't have a huge TV or cable. :D

IMO money on gear is investments so long as the person making the purchase is educated and knows what to expect from the purchase.

Let's just say what I've invest thus far should be returned to me after this harvest. The patients that support my efforts understand craftsmanship. The same way a master brewer uses the best he can afford to craft his ale. That's the way I approach growing.

Not in a gotta have it to keep up the cool kids. But in a I know more and can do better, it requires more gear.

Not that your a Hater or Newbie. :D

The money issue is always interesting me. I'm broke as all get out right now. However my garden is rocking. :rock:

If I lived in the Tropics I'd have none of this stuff only the cloner.

The computer is saving me money right now, by regulating the environment and shutting stuff off, that I may have just kept running like the A/C.

Hey mos

looking good buddy

Wut elites are u hiding in the cutty cave ?

Oh yes the Elites, don't want to go to far some plants could cause people to loose there cool because how rare they are.

lets say a few Rare OG cuts, all SFV

A few rare East Coast including ECSD

and a couple or rare Purps and such out of OR.

Then a few select seed offerings that are rare Pheno's.

Guest MosCutty

So the old dirt farmer is loving RDWC (Recirculating Deep Water Culture), the speed in which this system develops plants in the vegetative stages is impressive to say the least. I know for a fact I did not have it dialed in, I had way to much going on at the time. Yet still the growth is impressive just to reflect lets look at the girls 3 weeks from cut date.

gallery_4481_617_97254.jpg

For a dirt farmer that's pretty impressive. ;)

The nutrient line up continues to move around but I think I'm happy now.

Dutch Master A&B full line up for the base

Dutch Master Zone

GH Kool Bloom for this run only

next run, AN Big Bud

Final Flush

and one more thing that I can't recall at them moment.

I have also received my goods from Sentinel GPS, I'm still chatting with them regarding my disappointing customer service experience.

I'll keep you posted, But here is some of the coolest gear I've seen for a grow, I'm blessed! :bow:

gallery_4481_617_54746.jpg

A brand new Sentinel CHHC-4 and a free Sentinel PXM-1 for stalling me out.

The first generation controller they sent me by mistake is rocking out and keeping me steady. Can't wait to install the 4 and see what happens.

From two days of checking the stats I figure the computer will save me about 25 bucks a month on electric and increase yields by up to 30%

Guest MosCutty

:pic: NIIIICCCCCEEEEE

:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Thanks guys the other great thing about this unit if you don't want to spring for the latest one, the Chhc-1 rocks out and is much cheaper.

You can also control fans if your running an open room, with a HEPA Filter and no A/C. Like I said very cool I could go on and on, however I say check them out when the time is right for you! They have other cool toys they sent me the new catalog just to mess with me. They want you to fiend for the products.

Notice the stall-out tactics on the flowering update. :unsure: You gotta make a entrance with these sorts of things. :o

I'm pretty pleased I hope you guys will enjoy when the video field trip is up.

MoS

Guest MosCutty

Wish you guys could see it in person, covered in THC your hands just stick to them. These girls are way overgrown and the spacing will be better next round. I'm thinking of going with 8 buckets in a wide foot print with tomato cages.

I just dropped a vertical 600 in the middle to light it up down low! :thumbsu:

The Kush is going so fast it looks almost done, but has weeks to go! Lemon Skunk is steady and will fill in towards the end.

Swampy is just now picking up I had a few problems with her and calcium, she's better and starting to kick donkey! :D

Guest MosCutty

So what is your policy about tall fat guys sleeping in your grow room? Because I got a sleeping bag and pillow and want to move in that room.

I know I have a hard time keeping myself away, find myself just looking for something to tinker with. :unsure:

All stats are steady.

Nutes at: 1200ppm

Daytime stats:

78 degree

60% R/H

1500ppm C/O

Night stats:

72 degree

50% R/H

System is running smooth, just need to hold her steady! :jig:

So I got a few weeks left on this run, then it's on to volume two. I have another fun project I'll be dropping on the 3MA in a few weeks after I get organized.

I Thank all those who joined in the fun, it has been true adventure, I say we wind this one down.

I'm into fresh starts!

Please if you have any questions regarding this project feel free to contact me.

P.S. That is not my real voice. :D

^^^if it involves ceiling to floor poles, then I will need to know who has change for $100, cuz I am going to need singles to make it rain!!!!!!

LOL!

nice vid Ras. I was going to ask you when you were going to flip the lights after that last picture... now I see you been holden' out on us. nice work in there brutha. looking forward to the next bomb to dropping.

Guest MosCutty

^^^if it involves ceiling to floor poles, then I will need to know who has change for $100, cuz I am going to need singles to make it rain!!!!!!

all fun and games aside, I am having a hard time with my RDWC system, not getting the growth I expected... hoping its just a stupid oversight by me that I can easily fix...

LOL, I think Dr. T has change for a C-note. Let me know if it's something you think I can help with. :thumbsu:

I've been talking with a few members and there has been talk of a co-op to build these systems for locals cheaper, or at least bulk order the buckets and uniseals.

LOL!

nice vid Ras. I was going to ask you when you were going to flip the lights after that last picture... now I see you been holden' out on us. nice work in there brutha. looking forward to the next bomb to dropping.

Thanks Bro, yes you noticed the evil stall out, when people thought I might fail, the plants were already flowering! :D

They still are flowering we're real time now, 3 weeks until take down!

The next project on the 3MA is going to be great, I should get starting in a week or so!

i like the idea of a little start up company to build these UC's on the cheap for the common man. how much were you able to get your Square buckets for? with lids and seals of course. this is deff. the route I want to go. I'm thinking big rez and 5 gal buckets but would rather lower the profile height as much as possible. seems easy enough to set up a automated top off system too. I did this on a reef system for vacations and ended up leaving it in service because it made life easy. Coral reef keeping is much like hydro, well it is hydro! keeping minerals in balance and ph so everything stays soluble, and letting beneficial bacteria do it's job to keep parasites in check as well as nitrites, nitrates, and ammonia. sorry to ramble just making a comparison.

Archived