The Mos Cutty Project

Guest MosCutty

Guest MosCutty

OKay, OKay, you guys are killing me. Dr.T, has threatened the cutty clone vault if I do not continue on with this chapter of the MoS Cutty Project.

Seems he is ready to dispatch a gang of Atlanta area grow room ninja's to high jack my mom's.

Therefore I must continue on!

So let's get this party fired back up for a few more weeks and see what we can do.

I'll get my thoughts organized and drop some pic updates on the gear. We got a little problem with the Sentinel CHHC-4, guess what dead on arrival. I'm trying to give them a chance to make it right before I put them on blast.

Let's just say that computer with the gear that surrounds it is not cheap.

It's almost time to fire the CO2, they better get me a working unit!

Okay Bri, let's talk dissolved oxygen, it's the key for explosive roots!

gallery_4481_529_26439.jpg

And when we have explosive roots, that means one thing, explosive bud development!

Yes nutes are being run at about 1/3 If tweaked my feeding based on my experience with the plants I'm flowering.

But in general with this system it's about 1/3

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay Bri, let's talk dissolved oxygen, it's the key for explosive roots!

gallery_4481_529_26439.jpg

And when we have explosive roots, that means one thing, explosive bud development!

Yes nutes are being run at about 1/3 If tweaked my feeding based on my experience with the plants I'm flowering.

But in general with this system it's about 1/3

Royal Smoke Checking in this Sunday Morning!

Glad to hear you are sticking around Mos!

Those certainly are explosive roots. I need to learn to get mine looking like that!

Guest MosCutty

Okay, I'm getting in position for flowering, the plants look healthy not perfect but I'll hopefully get them dialed in soon.

The biggest problem is Lemon Skunk is going to shoot up on me. Of course I'm aware of this but I love the strain and my patients do too.

Some strains just should not be grouped together, because of containment issues, also nutrient values may be different making it impossible to max out all plants.

I've been cutting the Lemons back and hitting them with bushmasters.

Ideally what I should have done was started the kush before the skunk allowing it to veg longer.

We all love Kush but if it's a real one it's slow in veg and should be pre-veg 18/6.

Here are the plants with trellis, we'd like them all even, but there is next time. :thumbsu:

gallery_4481_529_90968.jpg

The bubba patch.

gallery_4481_529_143093.jpg

Lemon Skunk patch

gallery_4481_529_54842.jpg

What we have learned so far is this system is darn fast in veg.

Guest MosCutty

Yer Well on yer Way Mos ,

Better have Tarzan Call Off the Torpedo's & get ready for a Taste Test before ya know it ,,, :cigar:

]Yes sir away we go!

Lets talk nutes,

Continuing the GH line up right now it looks like this.

FloraNova Bloom

Floralicious Plus

FloraBlend

CaMg+

KoolBloom

I think everyone should run Dutch Master Zone, keeps your roots healthy and pearly white. Fight root rot and iky microbes.

gallery_4481_529_154025.jpg

Don't let your hydro guy sell you some b.s.

Thus far I'm feeling pretty good abougt the floranova as a baseline, in general my grow style is keep it simple. Plants don't need a million different ferts to be successful. I grow with my eyes not with a meter or chart.

Looking good Mos Cutty...I have been watching the UC systems for a while now on a few sites so I am excited to see how this works for you. I have seen some incredible yields. One thing for you to consider about nutrients...I know from personal experience floranova is MESSY as HELL and leaves a lot of residue and build up wherever it goes. I always heard that its better to use more refined and cleaner nutrients in these systems because of build up problems. However I have not tried the UC personally Im just going by what ive seen and read. Anyways I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing how this sytem works for you.

Guest MosCutty

Looking good Mos Cutty...I have been watching the UC systems for a while now on a few sites so I am excited to see how this works for you. I have seen some incredible yields. One thing for you to consider about nutrients...I know from personal experience floranova is MESSY as HELL and leaves a lot of residue and build up wherever it goes. I always heard that its better to use more refined and cleaner nutrients in these systems because of build up problems. However I have not tried the UC personally Im just going by what ive seen and read. Anyways I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing how this sytem works for you.

Yeah I here you must people run H&G or Dutch Gold, However I've seen people run floranova and come out good and tasty.

I think many people run the water levels to high at mid/end of flowering, My theory is to drop the water levels, drop the base nutes in ppm's then up the P and K, to bring home the frosty treats.

I'm pretty flexible and have a good eye for malfunctions, you can go so light with the nutes I don't see a problem yet.

But stick around Kush your insight might be key down the stretch!

OKay, OKay, you guys are killing me.

Dr.T, has threatened the cutty clone vault if I do not continue

on with this chapter of the MoS Cutty Project.

Seems he is ready to dispatch a gang of Atlanta area grow room ninja's

to high jack my mom's.

So let's get this party fired back up for a few more weeks and see what we can do.

Morning / Afternoon ' MosCutty ' and Friends :bighug:

Sorry I've not been here as much as i Like ....

I've been just So Busy Helping others , that i

barely have time for Jane & I ...

Plus keep up w/ all my responsibilities ...

I'm Sure Many of you can relate ?

I did read in some of the earilier post , and i kinda feel bad !

I feel bad for the lack of interaction , or the knowledge to

push one to a better level of testing ...

Im a very new grower w/ only a year and a half learning ...

I'm hoping after three and half more years would Qualify me as

an Experienced Grower ? Surely No Master Grower ....

I think I've grown some of the BEST MEDS I've ever tasted

Thank to you ' MosCutty ' for some Good Gentics

and a few other good friends ...

I wish i had more time to learn newer things ...

But i barely have time to keep up w/ what I'm doing ....

Im very Greatful for all those that take the Time

to share w/ others out here ...

I'm more of a hands on , kinda guy ...

Almost everything I've learned was from other Grow Rooms

and or Outdoor Greenhouses ....

I am very Greatful to you ' MosCutty ' and to those of you

that share your Experiences w/ Us .... :bighug:

Thanks Again ' MosCutty '

Guest MosCutty

Yes, Yes, now where starting to rock the party. Thanks for dropping the tunes.

After our friend Master Kush dropped by it got me thinking about GH nutes in RDWC. I’ve seen some good results but I’ve also heard and seen nutrient fallout. So five minutes later I freak-out.

I Decide to run through the system instead of finishing the build-out; I was already concerned about the Cal-mag. And a good thing I did.

The buckets had an uneven water level and the last 4 buckets looked dirty!

Now I’m thinking two things, GH is outta here and I’m running with Dutch Master, thanks to the research of our brother farmers on other sites.

gallery_4481_529_23502.jpg

And reset the system and upgrade the air stones on the end units. I noticed they were covered with roots and floating around.

gallery_4481_529_66220.jpg

We want air stones grounded and creating even flow across the bucket.

Remember I said early Dutch Masters and House and Garden have shown the best results, but me being the rebel I tried to go against the grain. (But I’m know fool)

So After 8 hours of busting out, it was a good thing, it let me know that all my systems where in place if there was an emergency. I had enough RO water on hand to do the job long with pumps and hoses!

I'm back on track! :thumbsu:

Here is a look inside the control after the reset.

gallery_4481_529_41737.jpg

This is the monster that powers it. Along with an AP 100 air pump.

gallery_4481_529_35625.jpg

Now that I'm through a little bump in the road I'll get setup to answer more questions.

Thanks guys and gals for hanging out.

The return Pump is a Danner mag-drive 700. :thumbsu:

Guest MosCutty

Is that a $25 air stone?

Ahhh Yeah, it's pretty crazy, My hydro guy is not compassionate. I only run the big boy in the control can't afford them for all.

Hey MC, just think of us here at the MMMA as a service project you do for your fellow beings. We are not as involved as some other groups but we have some needy people who you can help, and have helped already. Some here are very sick as you well know, and some are busy with other responsibilities to be able to get on here daily or more, like we wish we could. Thanks, and Peace, wherever you may go, and whatever you do may it be helpful to others, as this is your way. We are grateful for your time here. We do appreciate your help even when you don't get the feedback from us sorry folk. Well, at least one for sure!TomasDraco2-boost10light10soft3565t.jpgOtherworldlyShrine.jpg

Just a joke here, but a good song anyways! m_4ae474cd114abf3be596dfdf5d29a94e.jpgpeacetotheworld.gif

Guest MosCutty

Hey MC, just think of us here at the MMMA as a service project you do for your fellow beings. We are not as involved as some other groups but we have some needy people who you can help, and have helped already. Some here are very sick as you well know, and some are busy with other responsibilities to be able to get on here daily or more, like we wish we could. Thanks, and Peace, wherever you may go, and whatever you do may it be helpful to others, as this is your way. We are grateful for your time here. We do appreciate your help even when you don't get the feedback from us sorry folk. Well, at least one for sure!TomasDraco2-boost10light10soft3565t.jpgOtherworldlyShrine.jpg

Just a joke here, but a good song anyways! m_4ae474cd114abf3be596dfdf5d29a94e.jpgpeacetotheworld.gif

Thanks my friend for the kind words. I believe the point was made, I've made the adjustments (mentally) and a few others have come forward to give a watchful eye.

I am all about community and this effort builds on a foundation of those who come before me!

I'm glad you've mentioned the sick. I've been thinking about the ease of this system for the disabled if setup properly.

I'm all about keeping a low plant count with high output and that's with this system is designed to do.

I think the 8 gallon buckets that I'm currently running would be perfect for a 4-6 bucket grow in a small space.

the 8 gallon buckets are perfect for large closets or grow boxes.

This is what I was thinking for a small system:

1 400 or 600 digital ballast

4 buckets if running regular size hood.

6 buckets if running an xxl hood.

This will allow for a longer foot print = better spacing.

No need for chiller if light is cooled and your using outside air return.

So here is what I was gonna do before I freaked and realized I need more room to work.

gallery_4481_529_50899.jpg

gallery_4481_529_75096.jpg

Here it is after I pulled it out, notice I used PVC for the return pipe on this one. This system would be perfect for a small area, you can veg and flower in the same system.

gallery_4481_529_293453.jpg

The control was set to be outside of the room.

With an aerocloner as we've discovered one could be flowering one week after roots in a small space allowing you to flip without moving the plants.

You also only change the nutes every two weeks, also saving doe!

This system is sitting next to my kids toys at them moment.

PM me if someone want's to save it from their destruction at a fair price I have other buckets to make it a six if desired.

Archived