Main Stalk Is Cut On Plants

bigfrank

Hello everybody! Quick question if somebody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I recently got a batch of northern light clones, they are well rooted and vegged about a month. My concern is the main stalk is cut off of each one. The main stalk is only 6 inches tall on each plant and it is cut off. The overall height of the plants is about 9 inches right now and I am wondering how big these plants will get with their main stalk chopped off. Also, will these plants remain healthy like this? will yield be affected? will the plant be strong enough to support the buds? why would somebody do this? Im not complaining as these were free but i am just curious and also dont wanna waste time if plants are not useable. I attached a pic - Any help would be xtra awesome! Thanks.

post-17837-0-53029400-1294478454_thumb.jpg

shorter & bushier

if keep one of the shoots longer then the rest, it will become the main stalk. I would let it grow how it is though. You can take a cut and make a clone from it and that clone will be a single stalk plant.

my only question for you is why you didn't ask the person you got them about it..??

you should always research your investments.

Hello everybody! Quick question if somebody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I recently got a batch of northern light clones, they are well rooted and vegged about a month. My concern is the main stalk is cut off of each one. The main stalk is only 6 inches tall on each plant and it is cut off. The overall height of the plants is about 9 inches right now and I am wondering how big these plants will get with their main stalk chopped off. Also, will these plants remain healthy like this? will yield be affected? will the plant be strong enough to support the buds? why would somebody do this? Im not complaining as these were free but i am just curious and also dont wanna waste time if plants are not useable. I attached a pic - Any help would be xtra awesome! Thanks.

It has been "topped" to make it branch. All those branches will form main colas. The plant looks plenty healthy. You could let it veg a while longer depending on how much space you have. Flower it out, you will have a nice harvest.

Seriously? Its just topped....

The plant was topped, since you are new at this - who ever sold you the plant did you a favor.

Instead of one main stem, and one big bud - you'll have several 'main stems' now. You can attach the individual branches to a bamboo pole each - and train the plant to expose the center - allowing more light penetration.

Leave it alone and veg it until its about half the size of the space under your lights - in flower the plant should double its size.

-DN

ok. it was topped. i think i was confusing that with super cropping? or cropping? I thought the stalks were supposed to be bent not cut. Learn something new everyday. Im gonna keep em in veg for a few more weeks then flower em. Thank you all for the help

Archived