Fake Id's May Get Case Thrown Out

Fake IDs got cops into pot dispensaries, hearing told

Exam for eight charged under medical marijuana law to resume Jan. 19

Micki Steele / The Detroit News

http://detnews.com/article/20110108/METRO/101080346/Fake-IDs-got-cops-into-pot-dispensaries--hearing-told

Waterford Township — Eight co-defendants accused of running afoul of Michigan's medical marijuana law will have to wait a bit longer to find out if they will be ordered to stand trial.

After a full day of testimony Friday in Waterford's 51st District Court, Judge Richard Kuhn Jr. adjourned a preliminary exam for the defendants, who were arrested after an August raid at several locations in Waterford. The hearing will resume Jan. 19.

"We did nothing against the law," said defendant William Teichman. "We followed the guidelines of the medical marijuana act."

Undercover officers of the Oakland County Sheriff's Office testified that they showed fake medical ID cards to gain entry and make purchases at Everybody's Café and Herbal Remedies, marijuana dispensaries owned by Teichman and his wife, Candace, last summer on several occasions.

The visits were part of an ongoing investigation that began in July and led to an Aug. 25 raid of the dispensaries and the Teichmans' home.

Cut off for the rest of the story or to comment go to the link at bottom or top of page .

msteele@detnews.com

(313) 222-2620

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/a...d#ixzz1AXiUGjeh

2nd article from Chicago Tribune Jan 7th

http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/2011/01/07/news/doc4d2776ac32ae3116849106.txt?viewmode=fullstory

good read! lets keep our fingers crossed!

"Law enforcement has a general distrust for people who use marijuana for any purpose, so law enforcement has resisted the medical marijuana act," said attorney Neil Rockind, who's representing co-defendant Matthew

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/a...d#ixzz1AXoHPyvr

they resisted the mm act? why cant i resist arrest then?

It is realy to bad we dont get to elect cops! we could get rid of em all!

Peace

FTW

Jim

good read! lets keep our fingers crossed!

"Law enforcement has a general distrust for people who use marijuana for any purpose, so law enforcement has resisted the medical marijuana act," said attorney Neil Rockind, who's representing co-defendant Matthew

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/a...d#ixzz1AXoHPyvr

they resisted the mm act? why cant i resist arrest then?

It is realy to bad we dont get to elect cops! we could get rid of em all!

Peace

FTW

Jim

i hope they get set FREE that would open the gates for me and Torey to open up one inn Madison Heights

What the officers did would be the same as me making a fake state driver's license, I think they should be prosecuted.

Ummmm, maybe you missed it, but they had the DMV make them a drivers license with the fake name on it that matched the MM card that the LEO made.

So they used a fake drivers license and fake MM card to get thru the door of the building. Only way they could get to buy some Cannabis. Only way they could make a case...

EDIT: Just re-read it and seen the part in bold. I didnt see "me" in there for some reason.

What the officers did would be the same as me making a fake state driver's license, I think they should be prosecuted.

I believe the MMM Act says somewhere in it (and I'm paraphrasing this) that 'anyone ' that forges or manufactures 'fake' cards can be prosecuted.

But, of course the trick will be to get one cop to arrest another cop and THEN get the judge to follow the 'law'.

But I whole heartedly support the idea!

hopefully it will,but I hope the defendants will go for the jugular and press charges against this police force,they disrupted lives,broke up families,ppl had to re-locate for work,they are a disgrace,marijuana doesnt ruin ppl's lives these kind of Barney fife police tactics do.

I believe the MMM Act says somewhere in it (and I'm paraphrasing this) that 'anyone ' that forges or manufactures 'fake' cards can be prosecuted.

But, of course the trick will be to get one cop to arrest another cop and THEN get the judge to follow the 'law'.

But I whole heartedly support the idea!

can we do a citizens arrest?

am sorry i had to but it's not a joke for any one thats inn court i/we do understand how they feel

i think are case is coming up soon we hope we just want it to be over so that we can move on to best we can their is no update to are case that i know of

we sit and Waite for the mail to come

Peace from the front

to all that are on the front lines

Archived