Mocc Winter Blues Chill Out Fest

ProPlayer420

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like the MOCC they do good work helping people out like me and Torey i know most of the people that run the club and they do try hard and we have been to some of the thing they put on

i like the MOCC they do good work helping people out like me and Torey i know most of the people that run the club and they do try hard and we have been to some of the thing they put on

It's not MOCC itself I'm worried about. I saw the video MOCC put together after one of the Saginaw protests, and was very impressed. Many here have said good things about the club, too.

My remark is regarding a comment I saw here. I wish everyone would remember that people are watching. I'm very concerned. I've done this rant before, even on Michael's show. Do I have to spell it out? If anyone wants to be mad at me for being concerned, so be it, it's happened many times in my life and I was made to be the villain for caring enough to speak out.

People come here to learn about MM, some come to get help, many more are lurkers. I lurked before joining and almost didn't join, due to some of what I saw,.. How do you think they feel when they see stuff about passing it around, like it was a party? They'll generalize that we're all a bunch of stoners. I don't wanna be put in that category. PLEASE. This is the very thing that will bring our community down. I've seen others make remarks about looking for meds at protests; I lost respect for them. I've seen many threads about passing it around. We don't need to give them any more to use against us, our burden is heavy enough.

I'm concerned for our image.. It's bad enough we're fighting a war based on lies and propaganda. We fought too long and hard to get to where we are today to lose it now. I don't wanna lose it, there are people who's lives depend on this medicine.

Sincerely, Sb

Sb

It's not MOCC itself I'm worried about. I saw the video MOCC put together after one of the Saginaw protests, and was very impressed. Many here have said good things about the club, too.

My remark is regarding a comment I saw here. I wish everyone would remember that people are watching. I'm very concerned. I've done this rant before, even on Michael's show. Do I have to spell it out? If anyone wants to be mad at me for being concerned, so be it, it's happened many times in my life and I was made to be the villain for caring enough to speak out.

People come here to learn about MM, some come to get help, many more are lurkers. I lurked before joining and almost didn't join, due to some of what I saw,.. How do you think they feel when they see stuff about passing it around, like it was a party? They'll generalize that we're all a bunch of stoners. I don't wanna be put in that category. PLEASE. This is the very thing that will bring our community down. I've seen others make remarks about looking for meds at protests; I lost respect for them. I've seen many threads about passing it around. We don't need to give them any more to use against us, our burden is heavy enough.

I'm concerned for our image.. It's bad enough we're fighting a war based on lies and propaganda. We fought too long and hard to get to where we are today to lose it now. I don't wanna lose it, there are people who's lives depend on this medicine.

Sincerely, Sb

Sb

Hear what you are saying. Dr. Bob brought this up in Prudenville(Houghton Lake). Sad we have to worry about it. People that are over 21 can gather in groups to drink alcohol. That is legal. We have a license to medicate, but because of stigma, we must hide, or choose to hide, in private. I hope, over time, the general public gets over it. Sooner the better.

People come here to learn about MM, some come to get help, many more are lurkers. I lurked before joining and almost didn't join, due to some of what I saw,.. How do you think they feel when they see stuff about passing it around, like it was a party? They'll generalize that we're all a bunch of stoner's. I don't wanna be put in that category. PLEASE. This is the very thing that will bring our community down. I've seen others make remarks about looking for meds at protests; I lost respect for them. I've seen many threads about passing it around. We don't need to give them any more to use against us, our burden is heavy enough.

Sincerely, Sb

Sb

i think i understand but just because we are all sick and inn pain that does not mean we have to stay inside and have no friends some people can't even drive or go out thats the kind of people we want to come and have a life because they need to get out and try to have some fun

Thanks for all you do here SB i read your post all the time and your letter writing is great

I'm glad you're having such a wonderful event. This is why I don't wanna see our image tainted any further. It's great if some who don't get out much can go, I'd love to be there. My concerns are that some people will be sharing their meds like it was the other kind of party.. Hearing live blues would be awesome. If someone says puff puff pass it gives people the idea you're using MM for recreational purposes. Even though it'll be legal MM users, it still looks bad. If we want our community to be credible in the eyes of others, within and outside our community, but especially outside of it, we need to be very careful the image we portray. If I had the skills I'd be a PR person but I'm just an unofficial creative consultant kinda person. The public must see that we are just like them, the only difference is we found a medicine that works better than the conventional way. We have to do our own PR and media relations, use the technology we already have and make it work for us. The video MOCC did at one of the protests in Saginaw, was VERY GOOD. There was another one I saw that was good, too. People have mentioned doing video projects like those, I remember someone working on a grant for doing such a project. We have to use all our resources within our means, and we have a LOT OF TALENT here. Let's show them who we are, people who happen to be MM patients, (and cg's) who's lives have improved greatly because of this wonderful, healing plant. I know not all cg's are pt's but I appreciate their efforts, too.

Sincerely, Sb

i think i understand but just because we are all sick and inn pain that does not mean we have to stay inside and have no friends some people can't even drive or go out thats the kind of people we want to come and have a life because they need to get out and try to have some fun

Thanks for all you do here SB i read your post all the time and your letter writing is great

My friend, thanks for all you do, too. I didn't mean to imply anyone has to stay inside and have no friends. I'm one of those who can't get out much so I can truthfully say this. Being isolated is a prison/hell I know all too well. All I'm really saying is, our medicine is a private matter when it comes to using it. People say things like "I gotta go medicate." If I take a pain pill I rarely tell anyone I'm gonna do it. It's a personal thing to me. I'd never assume to impose my views on anyone, I'm just concerned about open usage and discussing that part of it. NOW, if we were sure pt/pt transfers are legal, (which I believe they are but some certain people won't allow it), and someone is in need, then someone would mention sharing it.

I'm really sorry I derailed this thread. Maybe I should put all this someplace else. I don't wanna be a party pooper. Everyone, I hope you can go and enjoy the day, learn, socialize and make friends. If you can get there, consider yourselves lucky.

Sincerely, your friend and community member, Sb

My friend, thanks for all you do, too. I didn't mean to imply anyone has to stay inside and have no friends. I'm one of those who can't get out much so I can truthfully say this. Being isolated is a prison/hell I know all too well. All I'm really saying is, our medicine is a private matter when it comes to using it. People say things like "I gotta go medicate." If I take a pain pill I rarely tell anyone I'm gonna do it. It's a personal thing to me. I'd never assume to impose my views on anyone, I'm just concerned about open usage and discussing that part of it. NOW, if we were sure pt/pt transfers are legal, (which I believe they are but some certain people won't allow it), and someone is in need, then someone would mention sharing it.

I'm really sorry I derailed this thread. Maybe I should put all this someplace else. I don't wanna be a party pooper. Everyone, I hope you can go and enjoy the day, learn, socialize and make friends. If you can get there, consider yourselves lucky.

Sincerely, your friend and community member, Sb

i would like for you to come me and torey will pick you up and bring you home let us know

i would like for you to come me and torey will pick you up and bring you home let us know

Hi I really appreciate the offer and I will pm you about it . You may change your mind when you see how far away I am from you but it means a LOT to me that you'd offer.

Sincerely, Sb

Is this a private event for members only ??

You do have to be a paitent or caregiver and yes you have to be a member of MOCC or if you belong to a bona fide compassion club we will accept their members cards also. Membership to MOCC is a 25.00 donation for the year and new members get a club T-shirt. Good question though. Thanks for asking.

Archived