Since We Lost Erik, What Happened In Court Yesterday?

May 25th arnt we getting ahead of the matter just a bit. There will be what 5 / 10 more power struggles by then and the community will be split into who knows how many more peices by then. All over Power And Money. Where did the Patient get lost in all this. And who are the poor b@stards that have to wade threw this political nightmare while the rest are just trying to make a quick easy buck disgusting just disgusting. I'm with TRIX my problems STARTED WITH THIS CARD. Ain't no compassion here i see only greed

Sad it is money and greed

am sorry Eric for how you feel i understand and hope to see you some day standing with us people's on the front lines

I don't understand the premise for the request ?

They found some pot and they want to pin it on someone ?

If it's at a location there should be individuals responsible ?

It sounds like harrasment / terrorism to me. Whats the big crime ?

Why dont they just find some Patients / Caregivers and make a gift to a Worthy Cause,

instead of wasting everyones time and money on nonsense for something with questionable motives.

Marijuana is Legal in Michigan for State Approved Medical Reasons.

It was the AG's job to stand up for privacy rights.

http://www.law.umkc....tofprivacy.html

"The U. S. Constitution contains no express right to privacy. The Bill of Rights, however, reflects the concern of James Madison and other framers for protecting specific aspects of privacy, such as the privacy of beliefs (1st Amendment), privacy of the home against demands that it be used to house soldiers (3rd Amendment), privacy of the person and possessions as against unreasonable searches (4th Amendment), and the 5th Amendment's privilege against self-incrimination, which provides protection for the privacy of personal information. In addition, the Ninth Amendment states that the "enumeration of certain rights" in the Bill of Rights "shall not be construed to deny or disparage other rights retained by the people." The meaning of the Ninth Amendment is elusive, but some persons (including Justice Goldberg in his Griswold concurrence) have interpreted the Ninth Amendment as justification for broadly reading the Bill of Rights to protect privacy in ways not specifically provided in the first eight amendments."

It is a sad day when the AG of a state decides not to defend states rights or the privacy rights of the citizens. See you this spring Shutte! Thanks, bb

I understand the Failure to Perform by the AG and our Right to Privacy under Hippa, Mi Law and Constitutional Law.

I dont understand their need for records from the MDCH. If a Federal Crime was Commited Where is that Charge ?

Shouldn't they bring the charges, then let the Defendants have their day in court ?

Eric, was sent here to pressure the movement into empowering the MACC. I will never allow anyone to force the MMMA into a position that it would hurt Patients/Caregivers or Compassion Clubs.

Ahwww, come on BB. This is not the gossip club. Eric is a freelance reported that got interested in Archy kiel's case. After covering Archy's case he started to get a good following. Then he did some famous videos such as the Okeefe Interview, Michigan Municipal League Seminar of September 21, 2010, and People v John Doe among other great videos. We led him here and to the BACC. While here he asked for a sponsor to do some FIOA request. MACC, or some one in macc sent him a check. Ever since he has been posting court cases from around the state, which were funded by MACC and some other patients. MACC did not send him.

Ahwww, come on BB. This is not the gossip club. Eric is a freelance reported that got interested in Archy kiel's case. After covering Archy's case he started to get a good following. Then he did some famous videos such as the Okeefe Interview, Michigan Municipal League Seminar of September 21, 2010, and People v John Doe among other great videos. We led him here and to the BACC. While here he asked for a sponsor to do some FIOA request. MACC, or some one in macc sent him a check. Ever since he has been posting court cases from around the state, which were funded by MACC and some other patients. MACC did not send him.

T2 isn't this contradictory ?

T2 isn't this contradictory ?

I do not think so. He posted a lot of stuff before MACC picked him up. He did not seem to even be involved with MACC much until the DEA case. Maybe some other know more than I. He covered mostly patient cases from up north, which is where he lives.

T2, I'll soften my statement and say that Eric had a conflict and tried to pressure me. Eric is welcomed here anytime. I enjoy and greatly appreciate his work. But my responsibility is to you and the community at large.

It is time for us to move on. We have been betrayed. There is over whelming evidence. We must become active in the process or we will be destroyed. It was the irresponsibility of this group(MACC) that brought us to this point. It is their betrayal which threatens us now. Thanks, bb

Thank you BB. You have my support.

ultimately, I think BB is right in his general approach: the mmma is about patients. This singularity and purity of purpose is likely to be the most compelling in preserving our law, if not in expanding it. For example, the act could be amended to allow for psychological disorders such as post traumatic stress. The patient perspective is most compelling. I agree with the direction of the mmma at this time.

I, however, miss Eric and wish he was still involved.

We don't need to expend out political capital on fights that are tangential to patient rights or that may endanger patient rights.

All that said, privacy is key and I appreciate MACC's and the ASA's advocacy. But the mmma should be distinctly different. Maybe a thank you for the advocacy would be more appropriate while preserving our own mission?

Wrong Case Dear, isnt a little peace of mind worth anything ?

I'm confused?

are you saying that the card is giving you piece of mind?

that's great if its working for you, but if you ever have to show or use that card it worthless...its a $200 piece of plastic that sits in your wallet protecting the credit card magnet strip from getting scratched up. IMO

after all the court dates, reading case laws, and talking to lawyers, I see no reason to renew mine.. I have a doctors request and I have one BEFORE my arrest, so why waste my money..

sorry but there is a real sour taste left in my mouth after all the crap that has been going on, I see no reason to give the government money if they cant uphold the law and provide me with the protection that card was said to provide.

Trix

What happened to eric?

Also, one of the reasons I dont frequent this site anymore is the amount of gossip and lack of pure facts. I am sick and tired of hearing HERESAY. It's garbage.

I do not know how much you have been on the MMMA lately, but it has become a much more civil site. It is heavily moderate now, which has its own downfalls, but the tone is general positive and disputes are quickly halted. Much less drama, which is good for a patient forum. Do to human nature, no forum can be perfect.

I think LEO is nearing the end on marijuana prohibition and they won't go down, however, without a fight. This is the fight. Just look at the ridiculous enforcement model colorado is trying to implement, which relies on piercing the confidentiality of patients.

What we can do is support any expansion of medical marijuana to more states and any legalization and decriminalization efforts. At some point, and I don't when that is, we will reach some critical mass and their fight will be obviously pathetic.

And protect, if not expand, our current law. Might be harder to protect our law than to expand medical marijuana to other states. I am participating in both local and national efforts.

I may (and I'm embarrassed to say) have to wear a mask, but I will be with you all in the spring.

I'm confused?

that's great if its working for you, but if you ever have to show or use that card it worthless...its a $200 piece of plastic that sits in your wallet protecting the credit card magnet strip from getting scratched up. IMO

after all the court dates, reading case laws, and talking to lawyers, I see no reason to renew mine.. I have a doctors request and I have one BEFORE my arrest, so why waste my money..

sorry but there is a real sour taste left in my mouth after all the crap that has been going on, I see no reason to give the government money if they cant uphold the law and provide me with the protection that card was said to provide.

Trix

i here ya when this Law first passed i used to tell every one get your card get your card now i tell them get you Doc' Recommendation you don't need no card just make sure you go back every 90 days the card wont do any thing for you Marihuana is illegal in Mich and if you get raided you will no lets cut off the money to the State then they the MDCH will listen to us

I think LEO is nearing the end on marijuana prohibition and they won't go down, however, without a fight. This is the fight. Just look at the ridiculous enforcement model Colorado is trying to implement, which relies on piercing the confidentiality of patients.

What we can do is support any expansion of medical marijuana to more states and any legalization and decriminalization efforts. At some point, and I don't when that is, we will reach some critical mass and their fight will be obviously pathetic.

And protect, if not expand, our current law. Might be harder to protect our law than to expand medical marijuana to other states. I am participating in both local and national efforts.

I may (and I'm embarrassed to say) have to wear a mask, but I will be with you all in the spring.

i understand how you feel but the MMMA is for Medical Marihuana not legalization we have been though that be for on here 2 years ago their is a site for legalization decriminalization and am all for it it's the only way this is all going to work IMO

What happened to eric?

Also, one of the reasons I dont frequent this site anymore is the amount of gossip and lack of pure facts. I am sick and tired of hearing HERESAY. It's garbage.

We're Sick and Tired of being Sick and Tired, truth is We're addicted to Garbage. What we don't have your particular Blend ? Suck it Up, Bee Strong,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJwaSIQqQgI

breakfast of Champions !

I'm confused?

Trix

Yes it does give me a slight bit of Piece of Mind, it has served it's Purpose, for me. I use it Like I use my Seatbelt, Now. I didn't agree with them either, 'till I met that tree down the Street, one Snowy morning.

Of course I was in a Hurry, unlike the two Dumbazzes that were jogging down a Dirt Country Road before the Plow truck had even been through. City Folk, go figure !

Archived