Holy Crap! 99 Passed The Senate ..

um mm .. your math is a little off.

One pound is 454 grams. If you look at a box of brownie mix, most will weigh more than one pound. Add one egg and a half cup oil and you hit the 1000 mark very quickly.

I'll make a stab at making lemonade from my lemons of this morning.

How about we try to get a amendment to this bill to protect med ables in Michigan. One single item.

This bill is a fast track item. Would it be possible?

Sounds good and thanks for correcting me politely thats what we need to do for each other . I am in severe pain right now . I called all my reps and didn't hurt our cause but brought attention to this . Wrote letters . Thanked Bert Johnson for using caution . Were all working on the same page to the best of our abilities . I am disabled unable to work for a reason and it hurts to be diminished in mental capacity at times . Again thank you for your polite correction . Were on the same page . Their re - writing this bill now is the time to make it correct for the current patient situation that did not exist when the original was written . . Qualified patients should be exempt period and weight limits should be clarified not to be counted at over the actual cannabis product added to the mixture in it's concentrated form absent non cannabis based ingredient's . The Federal law ( Supreme Court ruling ) will still read different but this will help put Michigan ahead of the curve . It will protect State patients using med-ables from harm from a possible interpretation saying their non compliant at the State level and the DEA has noted it will use discretion when arresting patients in compliance with State law in direct conflict with Federal .

We can no longer rely on all State Officials using proper discretion before violating then vacating all the acts protections for misapplication of real world practice while implementing and interpreting the Act . This needs to be written and clarified into law .

Does this make sense ?

Sounds good and thanks for correctlng me politely thats what we need to do for eachother . I am in severe pain right now . I called all my reps and didn't hurt our cause but brought attention to this . Wrote letters . Thanked Bert Johnson for using caution . Were all working on the same page to the best of our abillities . I am disabled unable to work for a reason and it hurts to be diminished in mental capacity at times . Again thank you for your polite correction . Were on the same page .

Please let me know if you need anything brother. I'm in the position to help.

Sounds good and thanks for correctlng me politely thats what we need to do for eachother . I am in severe pain right now . I called all my reps and didn't hurt our cause but brought attention to this . Wrote letters . Thanked Bert Johnson for using caution . Were all working on the same page to the best of our abillities . I am disabled unable to work for a reason and it hurts to be diminished in mental capacity at times . Again thank you for your polite correction . Were on the same page .

There have been a few cases where patients and caregivers have been abused this way.

Thank God they seem to be the minority of cases.

But even one single case is to many.

Most of the officials of Michigan would have no intent to force people to use smoke as the only form of using their doctor recommended medicine.

Eliminating the ability of patients to produce medables works in that direction.

In addition, in those rare cases consumption of cannabis in a hospital is allowed a patient, the patient is much more likely to be able to consume if they are not smoking.

Sounds good and thanks for correcting me politely thats what we need to do for each other . I am in severe pain right now . I called all my reps and didn't hurt our cause but brought attention to this . Wrote letters . Thanked Bert Johnson for using caution . Were all working on the same page to the best of our abilities . I am disabled unable to work for a reason and it hurts to be diminished in mental capacity at times . Again thank you for your polite correction . Were on the same page . Qualified patients should be exempt period and weight limits should be clarified not to be counted at over the actual cannabis product added to the mixture in it's concentrated form absent non cannabis ingredient's .

Croppled, you're doing good things and that's all anyone can ask of a person.

Thanks for all your great posts.

And I'm NOT just patronizing you.

You are on top of it.

Thanks again!

My letter was sent. Pretty simple as I just asked that they make changes to the part of food items that contain marijuana. One thing I did say is that we are working hard as a community to educate our patients about proper labeling of medibles and keeping them out of the reach of children. A little effort on our part would go a long way that we are trying to mitigate the risk of our medicine getting in the wrong hands and the fallout we are sure to see if it does.

So this is a Michigan bill? I know Nancy policy pulled something like this and named it something like keep kids off drug bill or something to that nature because who is going toncote against keeping kids off drugs and if they did they would be crucified even though it really has nothing rondo with kids. I am writing and calling bright and early tomorrow.

Why are you trying to inflame people? Clearly you didn't even read the legislation yourself. Marijuana isn't a part of the life imprisonment penalty and you would know that if you would just read. Secondly the medical marijuana act supercedes anything that can come out of this regarding marijuana. Thirdly, as already posted, most of this is already law and there isn't anything being added that would impact the marijuana community in any way that doesn't already exist.

--Regards, Garth

If you are not use to reading legal writing it is a little hard to follow. Plus if you start seeing things like life in prison over possession of a drug, even for first offense, ones mind can become a little clouded by utter disbelief that this could happen in America.

Also, this is why we have a open forum. As a whole we function as one mind and can work through problems as a team. If we flame those for bringing us their concerns, next time they will keep their mouth shut and who knows what might slip under our nose. We should never attack those who are trying to help us and save our slander and criticism for those who oppose us. Our community is less effective as people will remain mute in fear off attacks.

Guest 1TokeOverLine

IMO this just appears to slowly reveal the government agenda. They have the patent so they must have measures in place to protect their investment. It looks like they are indicating their intention to monopolize and control the products of the plant. If legalization or rescheduling does happen they are prepared to step in with the controls.

Just my 2-cents

1T

If you are not use to reading legal writing it is a little hard to follow. Plus if you start seeing things like life in prison over possession of a drug, even for first offense, ones mind can become a little clouded by utter disbelief that this could happen in America.

Also, this is why we have a open forum. As a whole we function as one mind and can work through problems as a team. If we flame those for bringing us their concerns, next time they will keep their mouth shut and who knows what might slip under our noise. We should never attack those who are trying to help us and save our slander and criticism for those who oppose us. Our commuted is less effective as people will remain mute in fear off attacks.

Thank you friend for your help understanding what was occuring . I wrote this in response as i felt there was a threat here that needed correcting . If I am wrong I can always edit again after being politely shown ...but these were my thoughts .

This week a Michigan Senate passed re write amending past legislation (SB99) failed to fully take into consideration the practical needs of Medical Cannabis patients in Michigan within the passed Senate version . Bert Johnson (D) was a lone undecided vote otherwise our Senate voted 37-0 .

Since their re - writing this bill you would think now is the time to make it correct for the current medicinal cannabis patient situation that did not exist when the original was written . . Qualified patients should be exempt and marihuana weight limits should be clarified not to be counted at over the actual cannabis product added to the mixture in it's concentrated form absent non cannabis based ingredient's . The Federal law ( Supreme Court ruling ) will still read different but this will help put Michigan ahead of the curve . It will protect State patients using med-ables from harm from a possible interpretation saying their non compliant at the State level on weight limits and the DEA has noted it will use discretion when arresting patients in compliance with State law in direct conflict with Federal .

We can no longer rely on all State Officials using proper discretion before violating then vacating all the acts protections for patients honest application of their needs in real world practice while implementing and interpreting the Act . This needs to be written and clarified into law . Patients cannot stand the stress of arrest nor defend themselves easily or affordabley using the available Administrative Defense which would clog up courts at a great cost to the taxpayer .

Please politely and succinctly contact your Michigan State House of Representative and the Governors Office ,as well as , explain to your State Senator your disappointment and make your needs known if you agree . . Protect med-able use . .

http://michiganmedic...es-mm-patients/

Why all the hand-wringing about medibles? Why not just read what he law says and apply it to medical marijuana rather than some other bill that addresses illegal drugs in general?

"Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves and flowers of the

marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof, but does not include

the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant.

“Thereof” means “of those things listed.”

So Usable Marijuana means “the dried leaves and flowers of the

marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation of the dried leaves and flowers of the marijuana plant, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant.”

Dried leaves and flowers. That’s it. There is nothing else you can mix in and have it included in the weight. All you can count are the dried leaves and flowers. Are you folks suggesting that patients assume the burden of proof that there isn’t more than 2.5oz of usable marijuana mixed in with the brownie mix? I hope not. That is the PA’s job.

Did the judge in the recent Genesee County case look at LEO’s pile of dead plant matter as a “mixture” for which the entire weight would be counted? No. He told the PA (paraphrasing here) “You could have extracted the usable marijuana out of that mixture and presented only the usable marijuana as evidence.” And the case got tossed.

The definition of “usable marijuana” already protects medibles. We just need to push this into the daylight.

of

Brownie mix with cannabutter used to prepare it is a mixture. As is spaghetti sauce with leaves in it, etc. Whether we like it or not that is what the law clearly indicates. Now, whether a prosecutor would charge you for being over just because you have 8oz of brownies remains to be seen. I'm sure some would. Whether a jury would convict is another question. This is an example of how the law is poorly crafted. There was no foresight in regard to accomodating for medibles. I would guess that the drafters didn't do a lot of consulting with people familiar with preparing marijuana in different ways.

Yes it is a mixture, but the law says "mixture thereof." "Thereof" means "of the items listed." So this limits what can be counted against us. The law doesn't say "a mixture thereof and other stuff too" or "any mixture containing." So a mixture of leaves and flowers is usable marijuana. A mixture of leaves and flowers and brownies isn't; it contains usable marijuana, but isn't all usable marijuana.

I think grammatically speaking and taking the wording of the law, the brownie mix can't be counted as part of the "mixture thereof." Since "thereof" means "of the items listed" and brownie mix and eggs, etc. are not listed. I'm content with this.

OK, so yeah, down with SB 99 and all that. But our law deserves the opportunity to be argued to keep medibles to the actual weight of cannabis and making it the PA's problem to prove overage....without an amendment. Legislated clarification would be nice, yes.

But expanding on PB's focus on "preparation" can we take a closer look at that?

Are brownies with marijuana mixed in a "preparation" of marijuana? When "preparation" is defined in a medical sense as:

"(Webster (n) #4): 4: something that is prepared; specifically : a medicinal substance made ready for use"

"A medicinal substance made ready for use...."

Are laced brownies a "medicinal substance made ready for use?"

I don't think so. The cannabis contained within the brownie is a medicinal substance made ready for use…, but the brownie is not a medicinal substance made ready for use..there is nothing medicinal about brownies…. …yeah marijuana is gonna get mixed with some stuff…get over it…marijuana is still marijuana. Just because marijuana touches something else, doesn’t make that something else marijuana.

The courts in Michigan have reached to initiative language in California and Oregon to support decisions. This is unconventional and flat out weird. But this tells us that the courts are scrambling to find a solution to this and other issues…..looking for windows into the mind of the voter.

The mind of the voter was and must be emphatically stated and reaffirmed as “patients should be able to have 2.5 oz of marijuana on-hand. We don’t care if you mix it with bean soup or brownies”

Reacting strongly to the language in SB 99 almost necessitates that we declare that we as voters didn’t intend for medibles to count only for the amount of cannabis therein. But we did.

If any one person who reads this thought that, by voting for the law, a patient could get life in prison for mixing 454 grams of brownie mix with 7 grams of marijuana, a cup of milk, a half-cup of oil, and a egg, please speak out now.

See how ridiculous this is? The law is what we voted it to be. We voted to allow patients to mix cannabis into their food and ingest it in a healthy manner.

My patients are about 90% ingesting their meds. I don't think the voters want the six of us to be felons.

That is what I voted for anyway.

The concern on weight came up in my mind because of a audience member who stated they were a local DEA Agent at the Wayne State law symposium whom referenced a Federal Supreme Court Decision which determined the whole mixture would be considered a drug as fact to the audience in statements and questions to the legal panel . If I remember the decision was actually based on crack cocaine but the agent stated it was the same principle and they would follow through in a like manner . The lawyers present did not disagree just listened . Following your reasoning it would be logical to assume the court found the other ingredients were part of a prepared drug though not cocaine ( baking soda ) . Lets hope they substantiate your interpretation for the person here in Michigan who was charged by the weight of a butter cake containing Cannabis . When I discussed this with a anti Cannabis individual they stated they would argue since the substances can no longer be separated they were one in the same . I have no doubt since it has already come up clarification is warranted with express language intent won't stop arrest . I don't like to feel this way and do not wish to inhibit their use out of fear and I am sure that a reasonable person who approved the law did not intend a delivery agent to be counted as weight ..but look at what is happening out there . If a person is arrested in this manner just once it is too often as sick , injured and impoverished as many patients are - thus all to willing to accept pleas to felonies unable or unwilling to afford defense . I guess it all pivots around education and bringing down the barriers of discrimination and moral objection surrounding medicinal cannabis use more then anything else . I stand by my call for clarification as a improvement to SB99 for patient saftey since it is currently being re written . Am I wrong ?

The concern on weight came up in my mind because of a audience member who stated they were a local DEA Agent at the Wayne State law symposium whom referenced a Federal Supreme Court Decision which determined the whole mixture would be considered a drug as fact to the audience in statements and questions to the legal panel . If I remember the decision was actually based on crack cocaine but the agent stated it was the same principle and they would follow through in a like manner . The lawyers present did not disagree just listened . Following your reasoning it would be logical to assume the court found the other ingredients were part of a prepared drug though not cocaine ( baking soda ) . Lets hope they substantiate your interpretation for the person here in Michigan who was charged by the weight of a butter cake containing Cannabis . When I discussed this with a anti Cannabis individual they stated they would argue since the substances can no longer be separated they were one in the same . I have no doubt since it has already come up clarification is warranted with express language intent won't stop arrest . I don't like to feel this way and do not wish to inhibit their use out of fear and I am sure that a reasonable person who approved the law did not intend a delivery agent to be counted as weight ..but look at what is happening out there . If a person is arrested in this manner just once it is too often as sick , injured and impoverished as many patients are - thus all to willing to accept pleas to felonies unable or unwilling to afford defense . I guess it all pivots around education and bringing down the barriers of discrimination and moral objection surrounding medicinal cannabis use more then anything else . I stand by my call for clarification as a improvement to SB99 for patient saftey since it is currently being re written . Am I wrong ?

I agree. They are going to test every word of the law trying to weaken it. Soon we will have to argue what the definition of is is. It is not a good feeling to be guilty until proven Innocent. This is truly why we must stay active and keep the pressure on our politicians. We are the majority.

Amen Brother. Anybody that has gone to court and watched Michael work, it's like having the judge as an additional prosecutor, in case things get too fair. Keep kicking their behinds, Brother Michael! Thanks, Bb

Amen....Amen.

Hope to see Micheal in action one day. Not that I think it is cool or anything like that, just would like to witness a hero to the people of Michigan., defending our rights, there is no greater honor than to be in that position.

And that goes for you too BB.

Ride on....Till we get there! :sword:

thnx for watching out for us Pb, i appreciate it.

I have to second that.

I have been off the forums too much lately, still fighting the Evil Beastly System of things on other fronts. This is the first post I read when I opened the forums. Though I do have to get right back to my legal case research and document preparation for battling with Social Security (and, yes, Medicinal Cannabis IS an issue in the ongoing case), I just can't sit back and let some negativity-slinging, forum-stalker/lurker and gang of henchmen of the sheeple pen's gate-keepers deliberately attack one of the most compassionate, caring, hard-working activists that "We The People" of Michigan / America have to help us win the raging war against the tyrannists of Oligarchia, without chiming in.

Pb, thanks for all that you do.

Clearly, your work here and abroad speaks loud and clear for the Hope of Healing our broken freedoms.

We need you on the walls and in the trenches, and we very much appreciate your watchful eyes and open ears looking out for all of us during your faithful tour of duty on the watchtower.

Of course, the Devil's Advocates out on a spying mission from the Anti-Free's camp do serve some "positive" purpose, I suppose; If nothing other than to keep our advocating skills well-practiced.

Hats off to you and all the worthy and pro-choice for personal choice community of supportive activists.

Reminds me of that old saying about hypocritical accusers pointing a finger at someone for shame or blame; You know the one? When some self-righteous, judgemental, incompetent ignoramous accusingly points a finger at someone else ... they have three more pointing right back at their sorry selves.

Way to advocate for our worthy cause, my friend.

That goes ditto, for all the many supportive, positive-minded, compassionate souls who are here only to help.

As for the trouble-making forum-stalkers and ever lurking, never helping, only attacking LEOs and other anti-frees working against us, who hang out on these forums for months and months and months just waiting to jump all over someone for risking life and freedom to care to share ...

Well, may YHWH, show them each and all The Way to Love, Hope, Peace of mind, True Freedom and Compassion for all of Humanity; And, may their blinded eyes and muffled ears and shallow-minds finally be opened to all the many other positive ideals and purposeful actions of we the FREE-Hearted Souls of the Earth who do our personal best - every single day - to all work together to help FREE The PEOPLE of the World from The Prison of Oppression, Servitude, Slave-Debt and despair caused and fueled by a vile and corrupted den of vipers and thieves.

Thanks to All with positive minds, compassionate hearts and free-minded souls.

As for the rest of you ...

Well, there's always Hope.

CANNABIS CURES - Without Fears.

FREE The CURE!

Peanutbutter, to you, my friend, I will always offer a tip o' the hat, for all that you do, day after day after day after day ....

Archived