New Dispensary Raids In Oakland County

Dear Mr Beck,

You have brought this on our movement. You thought that someone who wants the whole tax andx regulate pie for themselves could be "worked with".

This does not affect patients and caregivers staying within the MMMA directly, but it sure does keep the GP thinking we are criminals exploikting the rules. Good Job!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that is an understatement. These fat cats with all that money, ferrias, bentley, studebachers. Now they want to cut into our little cottage business and take all that also. That is why I never have supported these dispensary running on the edge.

So this guy that owns Care Givers of America also owns that Packard Plant. So, my wife tells me that we used to go to an after hours there (we used to go to all the after hours places). She seem to think that it was his club that we used to go to there.

Can anyone confirm or deny that one. If it is the same guy he's involved and has been involved in a lot more the herbal medz.

Wow...I wonder if you'll feel that way when the feds show up at your front door? Remember, to them a person growing 1 plant is just as "wrong" as a person growing 1000. I can't believe a person knowledgable in the history of marijuana, prohibition, and/or policing in this country could make such a statement..

:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

These guys were way over the line. I wont be over my count. Follow the rules. That is what needs to be done. If you support these guys you are either conected or a fool. If you just follow the laws there wont be issues like this. These a holes have money coming out their butts. A lot invested and they will take away your small grow rights. Just like all big companies do for the profit. Some cases have to be settled, like growing outside. When they decided to do it they knew they were at risk. Have you wondered why dispensaries don't need overages anymore. they are getting it from places like this. These greddy people will ruin it for us all.

In reading the news reports and comments from those involved it sounds more like an organized crime group decided to cash in by abusing the law and us sick people, not compassionate people.

As i said before, if the dispos want to be legal fight for that right with the legislature, but not at mine or another legitimate Patient / Caregiver expense or reputation.

I have no sympathy for them and I'm not sorry. Its those types of operations and actions that are causing us to have to continually be in defense of the current QP/CG system, they are not friends of the MMMP.

What they're are parasites! They could give a rats arse if we lose our access to MM they'll just move on to the next MM state and mess it up for the sick there.

Lansing, you're to blame for this criminality because of your failure to do your job! You haven't fully enacted a voter approved initiative because of personal, political, and religious views that have no place in implementing or enforcement of the law.

I heard about this on WJR coming home from work; they said OC says it all DEA; but Democrat Jessica Cooper renewed her call for clarification of the MMMA when they interviewed her on the radio.

story

[/quote

They hit a business on Northline Road in Romulus. Anyone got any details on that one? It was in the 29000 block...channel 4 mentioned this Wayne county location.

I heard about this on WJR coming home from work; they said OC says it all DEA; but Democrat Jessica Cooper renewed her call for clarification of the MMMA when they interviewed her on the radio.

story

They hit a business on Northline Road in Romulus. Anyone got any details on that one? It was in the 29000 block...channel 4 mentioned this Wayne county location.

I think that was where the strip club is.

The Detroit News updated that article last night.

From what I read the IRS was with the DEA when they raided all of these places; so they must have them for a whole bunch of illegal stuff.

What really bites is that politicians will use this sort of thing to claim our law is unclear and/or broken; the MMMP has nothing to do with anything those people were offering from what I see. The dispensary operations were just another leg of a criminal enterprise that targeted card holding patients.

That is such a stupid statement. If they weren't doing wrong the cops wouldn't have been there.

years ago, Bob got busted with a large grow. He spent time in jail for it and it's long ago history.

One cop had an ax to grind with Bob. And the cop waited for any hint that Bob was growing again.

Did that answer it for you? Bob was legal when his door was busted down.

New reports seem to indicate ten locations hit. They seem to be continuing to take place one location at a time.

Anyone with sets of patient/caregiver records are now mouth watering raw meat for federal rabid authorities.

Don't keep records on site. Only one person should know where these records are. And that person will be a fed target.

This is an attack on the entire community. The feds want to know every iota of the mmj community in Michigan.

These raids may be continuing.

New reports seem to indicate ten locations hit. They seem to be continuing to take place one location at a time.

Anyone with sets of patient/caregiver records are now mouth watering raw meat for federal rabid authorities.

Don't keep records on site. Only one person should know where these records are. And that person will be a fed target.

This is an attack on the entire community. The feds want to know every iota of the mmj community in Michigan.

These raids may be continuing.

I think it's not over yet ether and people need to stay informed as to how and wear they get their Meds just keep it on the down low if you can until we here it's safe again

Blame the cops, they're the ones that made the bust, and will be the ones to take away your medicine.

out of my cold dead hands! Im tired of having to act like im doing something illegal, I could walk all over the world with a morphine patch on in view of every one,,but let me burn one and im a law breaker! What happened to the will of the people?

Peace

FTW

Jim

So this guy that owns Care Givers of America also owns that Packard Plant. So, my wife tells me that we used to go to an after hours there (we used to go to all the after hours places). She seem to think that it was his club that we used to go to there.

Can anyone confirm or deny that one. If it is the same guy

he's involved and has been involved in a lot more the

herbal medz.

He's not the same guy that had the after hours

I know that guy personally. It's his partner Cassab

He owned the caregivers of America

years ago, Bob got busted with a large grow. He spent time in jail for it and it's long ago history.

One cop had an ax to grind with Bob. And the cop waited for any hint that Bob was growing again.

Did that answer it for you? Bob was legal when his door was busted down.

I dont care about his past, we all have a past. No Bob and Torrey should not be in court. When they got raided they had a personal grow going. Doesn't even compare to this.

I dont care about his past, we all have a past. No Bob and Torrey should not be in court. When they got raided they had a personal grow going. Doesn't even compare to this.

Sorry .. I thought you were talking about B&T when you said the cops wouldn't be there if they weren't doing something wrong.

So .. I'll suggest thought be tempered a little. It's not a automatic given that illegal activity must have taken place just because the police say so. Or just because they showed up.

In reading the news reports and comments from those involved it sounds more like an organized crime group decided to cash in by abusing the law and us sick people, not compassionate people.

As i said before, if the dispos want to be legal fight for that right with the legislature, but not at mine or another legitimate Patient / Caregiver expense or reputation.

I have no sympathy for them and I'm not sorry. Its those types of operations and actions that are causing us to have to continually be in defense of the current QP/CG system, they are not friends of the MMMP.

What they're are parasites! They could give a rats arse if we lose our access to MM they'll just move on to the next MM state and mess it up for the sick there.

Lansing, you're to blame for this criminality because of your failure to do your job! You haven't fully enacted a voter approved initiative because of personal, political, and religious views that have no place in implementing or enforcement of the law.

Lansing, you're to blame for this criminality because of your failure to do your job! You haven't fully enacted a voter approved initiative because of personal, political, and religious views that have no place in implementing or enforcement of the law. your right about this

lets put the blam wear it belongs

we have ask them to do just that from day one and i do think they had this all planed out from the start

The Oakland Press hammered on this today.

Big headline - Pot Dispensaries Raided.

Not even sure if this is the story I read from todays paper because it is dated yesterday; but here goes:

BoughtScribes

OAKLAND COUNTY — Agents from the Drug Enforcement Agency raided two medical marijuana dispensaries and a bar in Oakland County Tuesday morning.

The facilities are a chain organization, Caregivers of America, one at 1020 Decker Road in Walled Lake, and another at 45700 W. 12 Mile in Novi.

Authorities raided the buildings at about 7 a.m.

The Bayside Sports Grill at 142 E. Walled Lake Drive in Walled Lake is also involved in the raid, though officials are not releasing details.

Andrew Eiseman, the group supervisor for the DEA's Detroit field division, confirmed that sealed federal search warrants were executed at the three locations earlier Tuesday morning.

"This is a brand new investigation; we can't say anything at this point," Eiseman said.

As for whether anyone has been arrested, Eiseman said the DEA has no comment at this point.

He did confirm that the DEA is the lead agency conducting the raids and is getting some assistance from local agencies.

Employees of businesses located near the Walled Lake facility reported seeing activity at about 7:25 a.m. Tuesday.

"We just saw somebody banging on the building trying to get in," said Tom West of Fastdecks, a concrete company located across the street from the Walled Lake dispensary. West said the people were dressed in black garb with swat-type vests.

"When I came in, (police officers) were standing-shoulder-to-shoulder across the entire front of the building," said Joe, an employee of a nearby business, who asked that his last name not be used.

Joe said the police officers did not have any weapons drawn, and they were wearing plain clothes with bullet-proof vests.

"They've been open less than a month," said Shane, another employee of a nearby business who asked that his name not be used. Shane added, "I don't see what the problem is; let them make a little money before they bust them."

The employees reported that there were about 30 vehicles at the Walled Lake facility early Tuesday morning.

“I toured this facility before everything went up,” said Michael Grant, an industry liaison for medical marijuana in Michigan who showed up at the Decker location to speak with reporters. “It is very large, I think it’s like 55,000-square-feet.”

Grant added: “It used to be a indoor motorcycle track, so there’s substantial space inside.”

About a month ago, an Oakland Press reporter was asked to leave the dispensary after a scheduled interview. The operation resembled a candy-store, with a counter full of edible candies, and walls were lined with marijuana merchandise, including bongs and other paraphernalia.

“I have been in this facility within the last few days and I didn’t really see them doing anything out of compliance,” Grant said. “I was carded properly when I walked in, IDs were checked, so it seems to me they were following the law as far as me entering the building.”

Grant said the Walled Lake facility had a grow-room facility as well as “what we call a head shop or distribution device dealership.”

He noted that there are several dispensaries in the area that have not been raided.

“What was going on behind the doors could be the reason for what’s happening,” Grant said of the Walled Lake raid.

In Novi, Oakland Press reporters noted one Novi police car and DEA agents walking the premises with revolvers.

The DEA would not comment on whether more raids were occurring, and they would only confirm raids if an address is known.

Readers are encouraged to e-mail karen.workman@oakpress.com with tips.

The dispensary's contact information is 877-909-2462 at www.m3key.com.

Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office said it is entirely a federal operation.

No I don't think this is it; if so it is way incomplete. The pictures are the same; but they had a bunch of script in the paper on it.

i would like to find out more on this story you just can't belive every thing you read we all know that

Hey man if you have the "E-paper" sub I guess you can read the whole thing from todays paper.

They quote Rick Thompson and some guy named Michael Grant who says he represents the "industry".

Apparently both od these guys showed up at raid scenes to get publicity.

Yeah.

I do not have a scanner; but the headline on the front pae is "POT RAIDS IN OAKLAND - Feds target Novi, Walled Lake medical marijuana dispensaries, other location". That's followed by a couple thousand words or more of print with all of the same photos.

Try to grab a paper if you can.

fyi; All the trappings of an organized crime venture brought you by Lansing's failures to enact the law fully and listen to the medical cannabis community who warned them of this coming criminality.

Lansing is just as guilty as these guys, allegedly.

Raids target pair of Oakland County men

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2011/04/14/news/local_news/doc4da63b31ab5cc014663637.txt#blogcomments

I think that was where the strip club is.

The Detroit News updated that article last night.

From what I read the IRS was with the DEA when they raided all of these places; so they must have them for a whole bunch of illegal stuff.

What really bites is that politicians will use this sort of thing to claim our law is unclear and/or broken; the MMMP has nothing to do with anything those people were offering from what I see. The dispensary operations were just another leg of a criminal enterprise that targeted card holding patients.

That area has commercial business buildings and a few homes scattered along the road. About the only strip clubs around are the ones on Middlebelt road. I'm thinking it was a commercial building. Having friends with children that use a paint ball facility near there you can imagine the concerns now. Hopefully we will get more info in a few days.

That area has commercial business buildings and a few homes scattered along the road. About the only strip clubs around are the ones on Middlebelt road. I'm thinking it was a commercial building. Having friends with children that use a paint ball facility near there you can imagine the concerns now. Hopefully we will get more info in a few days.

I reread the article and the strip club was definately on 8 mile; so I bet you are correct. It was probably a warehouse of some sort.

I guess one of the buildings used to be an indoor motocross track, (aha! - Now I know where that building is); but there is no indication they were targeting kids.

I reread the article and the strip club was definately on 8 mile; so I bet you are correct. It was probably a warehouse of some sort.

I guess one of the buildings used to be an indoor motocross track, (aha! - Now I know where that building is); but there is no indication they were targeting kids.

I haven't heard anything targeting kids...I know that those who are negative towards MM will put a spin on this that their kids are in danger. I'm concerned about an acquaintance who is a struggling business owner around that area and afraid to even try to call them. I had heard they may have got mixed up with some "big" guys who were running a huge operation....I think they were trying to save themselves from this horrible economy.

Archived