Jeffery Fieger

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/detroit/fieger-suggests-detroit-become-hip-by-decriminalizing-prostitution-and-cannabis

DETROIT (WXYZ) - Geoffrey Fieger is always making headlines. This time he's suggesting Detroit should be like Amsterdam - where cannabis can be bought in coffee shops and prostitution is legal.

He says Detroit should become a hip, young and exciting city.

The famed attorney, and potential mayoral candidate in Detroit, says this is what could work for the struggling city.

Fieger says traditional ideas like tax breaks for corporations just aren’t working to bring people into Detroit.

He says his vision is simple - a clean and safe city, with good parks, mixed in with some adult entertainment.

Fieger says he’s stil considering a run for Mayor. He says he’ll do it if Mayor Dave Bing decides not to run.

He says the incumbent gets a real leg-up in the race

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

We asked for him, in recent threads seems bit drastic for him to say lets legalize hookers too, c'mon why add that w/ medical Marijuana makes no sense to me personaly

Trix :bong2:

Feiger is thinking outside the box !!!

We have people who are starving in Detroit...who have no hope of making anything like a decent living.

Legalize pot....why not...it will dramatically raise the tourist industry and stop destroying our black youth with early Criminalization !!!

Legalize prostitution.....why not....it will allow mothers to support families...and increase tourism.

I would vote for him any day.....Its time to grow up and recognize that right now Detroit is on a Death Drop and we have to "Think Outside The box " !!!

Dr. Jinx

We have people who are starving in Detroit...who have no hope of making anything like a decent living.

Legalize pot....why not...it will dramatically raise the tourist industry and stop destroying our black youth with early Criminalization !!!

Legalize prostitution.....why not....it will allow mothers to support families...and increase tourism.

I would vote for him any day.....Its time to grow up and recognize that right now Detroit is on a Death Drop and we have to "Think Outside The box " !!!

Dr. Jinx

Right ...Seriously do you think this is a good environment for raising children? Is that what your mother did to support you ? Obviously she must have cut a few corners in your educational development.

Right ...Seriously do you think this is a good environment for raising children? Is that what your mother did to support you ? Obviously she must have cut a few corners in your educational development.

Hi Slabeirtan !!!

Let's leave my mom out of it...she died a horrible death of advanced Parkinsonism wherein, bedridden for 10 years, she could not eat for the last year of her life....let's focus on the merits of my argument.

I have several contacts who live in Detroit and I am usually in the inner city about two days a week on professional buissines. I visit in the homes of these individuals, most of whom have an unregistered, loaded pistol in their bedroom and I have seen first hand the destruction of spirit and hope that is going on in this city...I visit neighborhoods where almost 80% of the young males are selling pot and hard drugs because it is the only way to make money...there are NO jobs there....and these young kids get busted and end up Criminalized and therefore totally unable to EVER escape grinding poverty...they cannot,as a result of their record ever get a student loan or even qualify for Section 8 Housing.

[Things are getting more and more difficult for them...with gas at alost $4 and food inflation running over 50% over the last several years...do not be surprised to see food riots in Detroit and other American cities shortly.]

Legalizing pot, treating it like alcohol and regulating it and taxing it, will open all sorts of noncriminal enterprises and the possibility of jobs. I am advocating something along the Calif model which is now being prepared for a 2012 Ballot Initiative.Are you against Legalization of MJ ? Let me know what I am dealing with as regards YOUR values.

Legalization of prostitution ? Prostitution goes on all the time !!!! Unfortunately it is driven underground and utilized by Criminal Enterprises so that the individuals in this Sex Trade are at the mercy of pimps and unscrupulous "Johns"...many of whom are visiting from the suburbs. The City could legalize it like it is now done in several European countries...Holland, Germany and France....and lets not forget Reno. These workers are supervised medically to keep the transmission of HIV and other STDs to a minimum. What could be more humane than to give individuals who have limited skills and opportunity the choice of doing something constructive in advancing their own welfare as well as that of their family.

As you can see, Slabiertan, I am a Libertarian.

And I do have morals...its just that they are clearly different from yours.

But that is what makes the world go round !!!

Dr. Jinx

Despite the ad hominem personal attack on Dr. Jinx in Amsterdam where prostitution is legal the pregnancy rates among teen girls 15 to 18 is 4 per 1000 children. In the US in 2006 the rate was 71 per 1000 children. So apparently legal prostitution does not cause promiscuity among children. The Netherlands also beat us in education with their children having higher scores in math and science. Good education means looking at the facts before rendering an opinion.

Hi Slabeirtan !!!

Let's leave my mom out of it...she died a horrible death of advanced Parkinsonism wherein, bedridden for 10 years, she could not eat for the last year of her life....let's focus on the merits of my argument.

I have several contacts who live in Detroit and I am usually in the inner city about two days a week on professional buissines. I visit in the homes of these individuals, most of whom have an unregistered, loaded pistol in their bedroom and I have seen first hand the destruction of spirit and hope that is going on in this city...I visit neighborhoods where almost 80% of the young males are selling pot and hard drugs because it is the only way to make money...there are NO jobs there....and these young kids get busted and end up Criminalized and therefore totally unable to EVER escape grinding poverty...they cannot,as a result of their record ever get a student loan or even qualify for Section 8 Housing.

[Things are getting more and more difficult for them...with gas at alost $4 and food inflation running over 50% over the last several years...do not be surprised to see food riots in Detroit and other American cities shortly.]

Legalizing pot, treating it like alcohol and regulating it and taxing it, will open all sorts of noncriminal enterprises and the possibility of jobs. I am advocating something along the Calif model which is now being prepared for a 2012 Ballot Initiative.Are you against Legalization of MJ ? Let me know what I am dealing with as regards YOUR values.

Legalization of prostitution ? Prostitution goes on all the time !!!! Unfortunately it is driven underground and utilized by Criminal Enterprises so that the individuals in this Sex Trade are at the mercy of pimps and unscrupulous "Johns"...many of whom are visiting from the suburbs. The City could legalize it like it is now done in several European countries...Holland, Germany and France....and lets not forget Reno. These workers are supervised medically to keep the transmission of HIV and other STDs to a minimum. What could be more humane than to give individuals who have limited skills and opportunity the choice of doing something constructive in advancing their own welfare as well as that of their family.

Dr. Jinx

So Im assuming that, even though you want me to respect your mother because she lived her life, I'm hoping without being subjected to the sex slave trade. However you still propose this is a viable alternative to current and future mothers of the city of Detroit ?

Legalization of MJ is a whole separate issue. We are Legal currently to use Cannabis as part of the Michigan Medical Mj Act of 2008. The Courts dont want to even recognize the Law on the Books. You want to cloud the issue by pimpin Fiegers' BS for him.

Please could you tell us what city you grew up in ?

It works quite well in Amsterdam and other countries. Why wouldn't it work here?

Well, for one thing, we have a group of backward thinking, socially retarded, nut jobs called Christian Conservative/Republican/Puritans who will wail and thrash at the doors of the government claiming that this will usher in the end of civilization. They aren't quite as bad as the Amish or the Taliban, but give them time and encouragement and they may someday make the grade.

On a positive note: Organized Religion is officially "extinct" in 9 countries in the world. Australia is one. I don't know who the others are. Not the US that's for sure.

Despite the ad hominem personal attack on Dr. Jinx in Amsterdam where prostitution is legal the pregnancy rates among teen girls 15 to 18 is 4 per 1000 children. In the US in 2006 the rate was 71 per 1000 children. So apparently legal prostitution does not cause promiscuity among children. The Netherlands also beat us in education with their children having higher scores in math and science. Good education means looking at the facts before rendering an opinion.

Excuse me, I believe you are attempting to use your favorite term a bit loosely in this case "ad hominem". That was not a personal attack on Jinx. Thank you.

Now your comment would be ad hominem as you are using educational scores to justify prostitution. As well as teen pregnany rates ? Care to show their correlations.

So Im assuming that, even though you want me to respect your mother because she lived her life, I'm hoping without being subjected to the sex slave trade. However you still propose this is a viable alternative to current and future mothers of the city of Detroit ?

Legalization of MJ is a whole separate issue. We are Legal currently to use Cannabis as part of the Michigan Medical Mj Act of 2008. The Courts dont want to even recognize the Law on the Books. You want to cloud the issue by pimpin Fiegers' BS for him.

Please could you tell us what city you grew up in ?

Hi Solabeirtan !

1.I never asked you to respect my mother..I just said I would rather leave her out of the discussion.

2.Thank you for your hope that she lived "without being subjected to the sex slave trade". As far as I can tell, your hope was realized.

3.As regards the "separate issue" of Marijuana Legalization and my "pimpin for Feiger, I was responding to the Feiger article and BOTH of his propositions therein. You saw that...didn't you ?

4. I would rather not tell you what city I grew up in. And if you will forgive me for not answering the question, I will forgive you for asking it. Some things are best left personal, don't you think ?

5. Especially if they are irrelevent !!!!

Dr. Jinx

It works quite well in Amsterdam and other countries. Why wouldn't it work here?

Well, for one thing, we have a group of backward thinking, socially retarded, nut jobs called Christian Conservative/Republican/Puritans who will wail and thrash at the doors of the government claiming that this will usher in the end of civilization. They aren't quite as bad as the Amish or the Taliban, but give them time and encouragement and they may someday make the grade.

On a positive note: Organized Religion is officially "extinct" in 9 countries in the world. Australia is one. I don't know who the others are. Not the US that's for sure.

Ok step right up lets call this what it is a "Religous Crusade". Wow what happened to the Land of the Free ? What country are you from ?

Who said prostitution would be limited to female sex workers?

Part of the problem with American norms and values is that we all assume that everyone should share our personal interpretation of right and wrong.

All Jinx is saying is that there is a better way than the current prohibition concerning prostitution. Prohibitiontion does not work at any level, with any vice.

Hi Solabeirtan !

1.I never asked you to respect my mother..I just said I would rather leave her out of the discussion.

2.Thank you for your hope that she lived "without being subjected to the sex slave trade". As far as I can tell, your hope was realized.

3.As regards the "separate issue" of Marijuana Legalization and my "pimpin for Feiger, I was responding to the Feiger article and BOTH of his propositions therein. You saw that...didn't you ?

4. I would rather not tell you what city I grew up in. And if you will forgive me for not answering the question, I will forgive you for asking it. Some things are best left personal, don't you think ?

5. Especially if they are irrelevent !!!!

Dr. Jinx

Thank you, I tried to respect your mother and all that I ask is that you have repect for the institution of Motherhood.

I was born in Highland Park, MI. Grew up in the City of Detroit. Thats funny because I do know better, I've been trained: An associate I used to know once asked me, Why didn't you just tell him you were from somewhere nice ? You know what though we're in Mich. Now !

hey, you must consider the facts. Prostitution IS the worlds Oldest profession. why leave it to the seedy back allys and abusive pimps when it can be regulated, taxed, and the end result is a booming growth in a new, safe, and WILLING Participant industry. by legalizing prostitution, and bringing it into the business fold. conditions for hookers will improve, health safty is number 1, so vd spred will be greatly reduced, ect....

hes not lumping them together, hes just saying both are old time professions that are still very prevalent today on the black market. by legalizing them here, we can create safer conditions for all participants of either, and use proper regulation and taxation to increase revenue for the city.

hey, you must consider the facts. Prostitution IS the worlds Oldest profession. why leave it to the seedy back allys and abusive pimps when it can be regulated, taxed, and the end result is a booming growth in a new, safe, and WILLING Participant industry. by legalizing prostitution, and bringing it into the business fold. conditions for hookers will improve, health safty is number 1, so vd spred will be greatly reduced, ect....

hes not lumping them together, hes just saying both are old time professions that are still very prevalent today on the black market. by legalizing them here, we can create safer conditions for all participants of either, and use proper regulation and taxation to increase revenue for the city.

Sorry bud he is linking them that IS my whole argument. Let's try to redeem what we've already won before we get any more 'Wise' ideas !

Thank you, I tried to respect your mother and all that I ask is that you have repect for the institution of Motherhood.

I was born in Highland Park, MI. Grew up in the City of Detroit. Thats funny because I do know better, I've been trained: An associate I used to know once asked me, Why didn't you just tell him you were from somewhere nice ? You know what though we're in Mich. Now !

Good Morning Solabeirtan !!!

Are you toking ???

Dr. Jinx

PS: I respect Motherhood !!!

PPS: A great film about Motherhood is called "Mostly Martha", available from NetFlix !

Obviously Cannabis should be legal.

Legalizing prostitution would hopefully reduce harm currently associated with it. I don't see prostitution itself as inherently harmful. It is the criminal abuse of human beings in the illegal sex industry that is harmful.

The thing that is the same about the two is they are victimless crimes - in my way of thinking not crimes at all. Good points by Jeffrey Fieger.

Dr. Jinx

The only reason I would vote for him is becuase he is new,,,our government is broke we need to fix it,,untill we get the right people in there, I will vote for just about anyone new!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Hi Slabeirtan !!!

Dr. Jinx

Dr. Jinx

I am a friend or at least i consider myself a friend of solabiertan! with that said:

I have not read a better reply to some one you dont agree with than yours! You make alot of sense and you seem like a very well thought individual!

I respect all you have to say,,I may not agree with all, but I agree with most of what you say!

our community needs more people like you! you let the bad bounce off of you, and you keep on context (way better than most including me)

Thank you for your words! I hope to read more of your posts in the near and far future!

Peace my new friend!

Jim

Agreed Timmah! prostitution has been around as long as weed, and they have both survived, and they are victimless crimes,,,I dont beleive they are lumped together,,,I believe it is time to regulate prostitution,,people that dont feel the need to use a female companion for a few hrs, dont have to,,in the long run it would be best for the people working and the people paying, it would reduce std's and it would give mothers and fathers alike another avenue for legal income, and not be threatened by pimps and organizide crime!

We need to fix alot of things,,,just because one person dont like prostetution does that make it wrong? my kids dont say the pledge of allgiance in there school class any longer is that rite also,,,,I love my country but I fear my government,,(government would be smart to fear me also) I may not believe in all or any religions,,,but I still like to see the manger at city hall at christmas time,,how come some citys dont allow it?

food for thought!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Sorry bud he is linking them that IS my whole argument. Let's try to redeem what we've already won before we get any more 'Wise' ideas !

What did we win? a free ticket to jail? sorry bro!

Go Fieger.......we need Fieger for Governor

A True Voice of the People

I may just have to move back to midtown....

I wouldnt move down the block for fieger,,,but I would vote for him because he is new!

One must consider also that the vast majority of prostitutes in the United States are selling themselves to feed a narcotic drug habit, heroin, crack, methamphetamine.

But a small percentage are doing it to support their families because of the economic situation and the minimal social service programs available. (A single parent with a child or two cannot survive on minimum wage)

http://www.whiotv.com/news/18918020/detail.html

Woman Prostituting For Rent Money

Posted: 4:32 pm EDT March 12, 2009

DAYTON, Ohio -- A Dayton woman arrested for solicitation said she was just trying to earn money to pay her rent.

Bonnie Rothen, 34, is charged with solicitation and loitering for prostitution.

Police said Rothen was arrested outside a Dayton Park.

According to police reports, Rothen said she was trying to make money for a new apartment for her two children.

In the countries where its legal women and MEN must under-go mandatory drug and STD screening on a regular basis and safe sex, condom use, is also mandatory.

The hypocrisy of this country is mind numbing!

How often in the news do we hear about some politician getting busted with call girls and cocaine and yet, they want to tell us how to live our lives with morality!

No morality can be founded on authority, even if the authority were divine.

- A. J. Ayer

Ed

Excuse me, I believe you are attempting to use your favorite term a bit loosely in this case "ad hominem". That was not a personal attack on Jinx. Thank you.

Now your comment would be ad hominem as you are using educational scores to justify prostitution. As well as teen pregnany rates ? Care to show their correlations.

Well let me help you understand since you don't even know what an ad hominem is.

ad hominem: rejecting or dismissing another person's statement by attacking the person rather than by disproving the statement.

You stated:

When you say "Obviously she must have cut a few corners in your educational development" you are suggesting that he is uneducated enough to understand you "enlightened" position. You are dismissing him as a person rather than countering his facts or logic.

Now my comments:

in Amsterdam where prostitution is legal the pregnancy rates among teen girls 15 to 18 is 4 per 1000 children. In the US in 2006 the rate was 71 per 1000 children. So apparently legal prostitution does not cause promiscuity among children. The Netherlands also beat us in education with their children having higher scores in math and science.

Those comments were not an ad hominem because I attacked your logic that "do you think this is a good environment for raising children?" the inference being that it is not. I showed that as being incorrect as children in a country that has legal prostitution seem to be doing better than our country that does not have legal prostitution. It is rather straight forward logic and not a personal attack on you.

Archived