Public Housing!

The problem with public housing is that the residents are not the owners.

The people that live in the house did not earn the house, but were loaned the property from the true owners, the taxpayers. Because of this, the residents do not have the "pride of ownership" that comes with the hard work necessary. In fact, the opposite happens and the residents resent their benefactors because the very house is a constant reminder that they themselves did not earn the right to live in the house. They do not appreciate the value of the property and see no need to maintain or respect it in any way.

The result is the same whether you are talking about a studio apartment or a magnificent mansion full of priceless antiques. If the people who live there do not feel they earned the privilege, they will make this known through their actions.The picture below illustrates the point.

post-7930-0-18789200-1303295026_thumb.jpg

The Resolute Desk was built from the timbers of the HMS Resolute

and was a gift from Queen Victoria to President Rutherford B. Hayes.

It is considered a national treasure and an icon of the presidency.

Mr. Obama, you are not in a hut in Kenya, or public housing in Chicago. With all due respect, get your Damed feet off our desk!

As a matter of fact, get the hell out of the People's house and take your arrogant staff with you.

edit= oops forgot im not supposed to get personal!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Edited by phaquetoo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:thumbsu::goodjob:

The problem with public housing is that the residents are not the owners.

The people that live in the house did not earn the house, but were loaned the property from the true owners, the taxpayers. Because of this, the residents do not have the "pride of ownership" that comes with the hard work necessary. In fact, the opposite happens and the residents resent their benefactors because the very house is a constant reminder that they themselves did not earn the right to live in the house. They do not appreciate the value of the property and see no need to maintain or respect it in any way.

The result is the same whether you are talking about a studio apartment or a magnificent mansion full of priceless antiques. If the people who live there do not feel they earned the privilege, they will make this known through their actions.The picture below illustrates the point.

post-7930-0-18789200-1303295026_thumb.jpg

The Resolute Desk was built from the timbers of the HMS Resolute

and was a gift from Queen Victoria to President Rutherford B. Hayes.

It is considered a national treasure and an icon of the presidency.

Mr. Obama, you are not in a hut in Kenya, or public housing in Chicago. With all due respect, get your Damed feet off our desk!

As a matter of fact, get the hell out of the People's house and take your arrogant staff with you.

edit= oops forgot im not supposed to get personal!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Hay Jim, I'm glad to here I’m not the only one who feels this way!

I love my country and am ashamed of our President and the disrespect and arrogance of his office.

:thumbsd: .

im honored to be your 3rd post!

Thank you my new Friend!

Peace

FTW

Jim

This was ment as a joke, at least that is how i took it when i recieved the e-mail that I copied and paisted it from,,,um id say i face plenty of discrimination! took me 8 yrs to get ssdi becuase im white, was 38 and a man! dont use race card,,this has nothing to do with race,,,If you dont have something good to say in a thread i make you have a choice to ignore it! Im not going to walk around on eggshells because some p heads cant take a joke! I got a good idea, just block me, You wont have to read any of my posts!

Have a Great day! and vote for who ever you like, this is america, we have that right,,,I will vote for who i want,,,I realy dont care what others think, I think for myself!

peace

FTW

Jim

Well whoever is crazy enough to believe this propaganda probably thinks Snyder and our AG are doing a great job...

for some people public housing is the only option especially for seniors, disabled people, or minorities where socio-economic bondage is proliferated still in our society and country....

i see it everyday in the foodbank i work at...its sad when you hear of seniors or the working poor literally eating Alpo beacuse they have to pay for medication or unaffordable housing

lets face it Jim you have two things going for your backward butt 1 your white and 2 your a male...bet you face alot of discrimination

I bet your buddy George Bush never did Condoleeza or blow off that desk huh...

anybody can spin the truth Phaq its who the sheeples believe that matters

I realy think that was uncalled for! You dont know me or what i have been thru!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Too bad Obama wasn't the first to do it... Here is Bush and Ford doing the same.

post-2807-0-86471900-1303336563_thumb.jpg

post-2807-0-67506300-1303336569_thumb.jpg

[From Snopes]

If a U.S. President's putting his feet up on the Oval Office desk is an indication that "he thinks of himself as a king" and should be "inundated" with mail "demanding he stop desecrating his office," then we seem to have missed the boat on that issue - identical actions by President Obama's predecessors in the White House provoked no such outrage, as demonstrated by the following unremarked-upon photographs of Presidents George W Bush and Gerald Ford

Guest Happy Guy

I realy think that was uncalled for! You dont know me or what i have been thru!

Peace

FTW

Jim

:lol::lol::lol: Now that's some funny stuff after what you wrote about President Obama. :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Happy Guy

I think Obama is doing a great job and i will work to reelect him in 2012 getting the homeless to the polls like I did in 08

FTW

Peace

Thanks for the ride!

You mean I cant do this at your house because the neighbor allows it. So unfair!

President or not , try that at my house and youll see your feet in the air while your other side hits the floor !

I want to see an old Indian chief sitting in the house for change of pace ! :thumbsu:

Jim, anytime you post something here that expresses a conservative viewpoint, you can expect personal attacks. A while back I figured out why. Charles Krauthammer nailed it when he said... "To understand the workings of American politics, you have to understand this fundamental law: Conservatives think liberals are stupid. Liberals think conservatives are evil."

I think you have a valid point on public housing. I know from personal experience and from talking to others that trying to find a renter that won't damage or destroy your property is difficult. When you give someone someone else's property for free, it only compounds the problem.

Of course you didn't say what you said because it's true, but because you're a homelessaphobic pig :D (Hey, I'm learning!)