Recall Rick Snyder Petition

Should Gov. Snyder be RECALLED  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gov. Snyder be Recalled?

• Yes
    • Yes, my goodness yes!
    • No, I'm really looking forward to some awesome new golf courses!
    • No, I believe the weak are beholden to the strong. Hail to the conqu'ring heroes!
    • No

i just watched the video, seems like a good plan to me.or lets just leave rotting towns all over the state.

I agree, we do need a sustainable, pragmatic, fiscally responsible solution for struggling communities, but this implementation of tyranny, while initially satisfying, does nothing to address the ongoing, underlying factors that are involved in failing communities.

Today it is Benton Harbor, tomorrow it could easily be my town, or my property that is appropriated per the desire of the Emergency Financial Manager.

They've trained 200 of these EFMs, they will be coming to a town near you... :blink:

Bring the petitions on may 25th! I didn't see the video, I'm afraid I'll be sick and i'm already feeling ill without seeing it.

Sb

Great idea SB lets all bring as many recall petitions as we can get. Love to see the look on tricky Rick's face when people are signing his recall petition's in the streets of the Capital, right under his growing Nose!!! We all remember Engler don't we, tricky Rick is by far worse IMO then he was, we need him out of office and this state ASAP. Just like Benton Harbor this state doesn't have much left for it's people, lets not let him toss out what little we do have left. It's time to make a stand against Big Business and Big Goverment we are fast running out of time to defend what little we do have left!!! It starts May 25th tell your friends, your neighbors, your family, this isn't just about MMJ. This is about the will of the people. When the people VOTE Lansing has to carry out the will of the PEOPLE, not the check book of BIG BUSINESS.

D

It's no tyranny - it's called Fascism.

True, it is Fascism, where Government and Business are in essence one monolithic entity.

The EFM is the appointed Tyrant, Caliph, Duke, etc.

Thinking of going to City Hall for your wedding?

The EFM may also be able to decide who can and cannot have a civil marriage.

Seems within the bounds of their endless powers of local communities and citizens.

I hear tell Snyder Wormtongue is considering bringing back the Jus Primae Noctis laws from the olden days, as a form of compensation for these hard working EFMs. ;)

The EFM gets the prime virgin cuts, and we get the crumbs...

The recall group is now under this name http://michigancitizensunited.org/ be-sure you read the warnings about signing other petitions that are not legitimate.

The link goes to the same page as Fire Rick Snyder.org.

They, former MCU, say on their About Page, that they had to change their name from Michigan Citizens United because:

"We are NOT Michigan Citizens United. We used to be. But since we got hit with a cease and desist order from the infamous far, far right-wing group Citizens United, we are no longer Michigan Citizens United.

We are however still a PAC (Political Action Committee) that was founded in March 2011, as a result of, and in opposition to what we perceive as a direct threat to the democratic values held by the people of Michigan. This threat, perpetrated by Gov. Rick Snyder, certain State Representatives and their allies signifies a systematic attack on the quality of life, liberty and institutional well being of all Michigan's citizens."

Yah, be careful of false petitions.

The Republican machine will attempt to obstruct the RECALL any under-hande, trickster way they can.

Yup let's make sure those petitions are legit and get 'em distributed as fast and far as possible. I hope there's a summary of all the programs being cut, so when I present a petition someplace, I can be sure to include everyone I'm talking to.

Sb

Guest Medicinal Patient

I will help collect as many signatures at the rally. Oh you better believe he is getting my autograph.

We will :ph34r: no more :kfu:

I will help collect as many signatures at the rally. Oh you better believe he is getting my autograph.

We will :ph34r: no more :kfu:

The guy has totally betrayed Michigan.

We are not a business to be run for profit.

If we were, we would hire inexpensive Chinese Executives to run the state.

You know in your heart, Mr. Snyder, that Shenzhen is filled with executives who could out manage you for a whole lot less of our tax payer dollars.

April 29, 2011 3:31 PM

Print Share 3

(AP, file)

LANSING (WWJ/AP) -A recall petition effort to oust Republican Governor Rick Snyder has cleared a hurdle, and can begin collecting signatures aimed at getting the measure on the ballot, unless the governor files an appeal.

The Washtenaw County Board of Election Commissioners voted 2-1 the petition language, which says Snyder should be recalled for supporting sweeping new powers for emergency managers, including the ability to void labor agreements.

Michigan Citizens United member Tim Kramer said he was pleased with the Commission’s decision,n but he knows it won’t be easy collecting 806,522 valid signatures in just 180 days.

That’s what they need in order to qualify for the November ballot.

Just thought you would like to know. I'm sure they will be at the rally but you know.

Without any doubt, there are boatloads of people angry at the governor and his policies. Michigan had recall movements against three previous governors that failed to even get on a ballot. Remember the "Recall Blanchard " buttons in 1983? 1991, Stickers on cars read "Recall Engler now!" And, in 2001 Granholm approved ballot language for her recall. Although Granholm's job approval plunged in her second term, the recall drive never got off the ground. But, the new governor is facing the power of social media like no Michigan leader before him. The next few years may be very interesting indeed.

Archived