Trim Machine Question

BubbleBerryKush

I watched a video on that trimmer myself yesterday it looks pretty kool but not really something the average caregiver or patient can afford i also saw one similar but it was a hand crank type of trimmer like this one off Ebay which also is close to $500 itself.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/150542745540?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

I know it really sucks but I would stick to the old fashion way. I have seen bud trimmed with these and it is by no means nice to the bud. It kind of just shaves all the leaf even with the bud. Most of the calli weed u see was done this way. If you were doing commercial grows it would be the way to go. I have my patients help they love it for a little while any ways. Peace, Afi

Guest Mr_smith

The reaper works great. How the buds look is entirely up to how long you leave them in the machine. I let it run for about 2 minutes and mine look great. Never put dry buds in the reaper.. let them hang for 24hrs and then go about it. Not trying to advertise but.. my store rents the reaper for $250 daily if you are near Coldwater.

Wow, that beats the crap outta the buds. If you want all of your trich's broken off, use that...

However, it was neat and fast, I wouldn't pay $1500 for it as it looks like it can be built with a metal fan, a motor, and a popcorn tin... Probably build one for like $200.

Cedar

Wow, that beats the crap outta the buds. If you want all of your trich's broken off, use that...

Machine raped bud is readily identifiable, it all has that same glaring neon sign that say's "I just grow this stuff for the money, cause it's the only green that matters to me!"

The reaper works great. How the buds look is entirely up to how long you leave them in the machine. I let it run for about 2 minutes and mine look great. Never put dry buds in the reaper.. let them hang for 24hrs and then go about it. Not trying to advertise but.. my store rents the reaper for $250 daily if you are near Coldwater.

Can get it for 50 bucks a day in Flint .A real connoisseur won't settle for the kind of job an auto trimmer does though. You still need to go over the buds and pluck out the stems etc.....

Here is a much cheaper option. I'm not pushing any particular brand, I just ran across a video for this brand. Black and Decker and others make some cordless scissors that work just as well. Spray the blades with Pam to keep them from getting sticky or clean them with an alcohol soaked cloth.

I have heard many different opinions on this since my original post, I have heard that it depends on strain, time run in the machine, only using lower branch buds. I might look into those scissors, seems like a happy median and would not hurt my hands.

Any idea where I can find out more about those auto scissors?

Those bonsai scissors are a bonsai bust. The only thing they can handle are the fan leaves, and even then they leave most of the leaf stem on the plant. You would need to re-trim all the bud by hand before anyone other than your brotherr-in-law would accept. Death, taxes, and hand-trimming are the facts of life - get used to it...

People need to understand that the trichome heads are held to the stalk by the barest of means. They are meant to be fragile and to break off easily, any jiggling, jarring, brushing, crushing, shaking, snapping, or waving is just distributing your thc to the ground.

I think all the machine trimmers are to be used when the buds are still moist, not dry. The trics are more flexible then and less likely to get knocked off.

Yes, in fact you are supposed to use them immediately after u pick. Once your leaves begin to droop it becomes a pain. Peace, Afi

Archived