You Can Avoid Almost Any Jury Duty With Two Words.

But why would you want to be sent home. If I get called for Jury Duty I am going to do all I can to be on a jury, hopefully on a MJ case.

That way I can do Jury Nullification. If you tell them up front, then they get a jury who will convict the innocent MMJ users in the state.

Cedar

But why would you want to be sent home. If I get called for Jury Duty I am going to do all I can to be on a jury, hopefully on a MJ case.

That way I can do Jury Nullification. If you tell them up front, then they get a jury who will convict the innocent MMJ users in the state.

Cedar

:D

Cedar

That's really cool!! I mean that. Most don't have any sense of civic duty.

This message is for the majority which tend to be self serving.

If "they" can't seat a jury, my job is done.

Hey PB, do you mean saying it in respect to answering a question they would post to a potential juror, or to tell them that at any cannabis trial you would, as a juror, consider it your duty to nullify the jury?

I don't know if I would tell them up front. They'd remove me from the jury in a NY minute, and there might then be no nullification, as the other jurors may have different ideas, believing the decades of lies and negative propaganda regarding cannabis and the people who lawfully use it for medicine. The one person considering nullification may be a defendant's only hope.

Like you say, it only takes one person, but if that one person is not allowed to be a juror, it can't work. Now someone trying to get out of their civil responsibility of jury duty, may use it to their advantage, but very possibly at the expense of the person who is being tried for cannabis possession, use or cultivation. No one should go to jail for a plant.

More people need to realize we have the power to do this jury nullification thing. :thumbsu:

I'll vote based on the case for sure, but I also know PA's and judges are withholding critical evidence in some cases that the LAW says they cannot do. So, if it is a MMJ case, I will answer honestly, but I won't offer that I am pro-MMJ, and if it is a MJ case at all, I will nullify that thing. Just because Judges are blocking the defense that our law specifically allows for ANYONE. Registered or not, overlimit or not, roof on yoru outside grow or not.

Cedar

Hey PB, do you mean saying it in respect to answering a question they would post to a potential juror, or to tell them that at any cannabis trial you would, as a juror, consider it your duty to nullify the jury?

I don't know if I would tell them up front. They'd remove me from the jury in a NY minute, and there might then be no nullification, as the other jurors may have different ideas, believing the decades of lies and negative propaganda regarding cannabis and the people who lawfully use it for medicine. The one person considering nullification may be a defendant's only hope.

Like you say, it only takes one person, but if that one person is not allowed to be a juror, it can't work. Now someone trying to get out of their civil responsibility of jury duty, may use it to their advantage, but very possibly at the expense of the person who is being tried for cannabis possession, use or cultivation. No one should go to jail for a plant.

More people need to realize we have the power to do this jury nullification thing. :thumbsu:

LOL .. PA's would need to worry about those that didn't use those words.

That is So Important for those of Us that

are able to sit on the Jury ...

I would'nt say Nothing ...

We are out-numbered by those thinking this

is a Gateway Drug ...

or they must be guity if their here ...

Many think like that ....

All it takes is one of Us to be on the Jury

and it could mean going to prison or freedom ....

The problem is many of Us are Not able to

be on a Jury ...

We are a very small group ...

So we need our people on the jury's ...

no self respecting judge or da would allow me to sit on any jury after a few honest answers. i'd rather lie to get on the jury and force a nullification, if appropriate. i mean, if a da asked me if i could find someone guilty of a mj, i'd lie my donkey off to get on the jury. sorry, some times things just bees that way.

Jurors are the last bastion of hope to free one from tyrannical or unjust laws imposed by government.

Jury nullification occurs when a jury returns a verdict of “not guilty” despite the common belief that the defendant is guilty of the violation charged. The jury in effect nullifies a law that it believes is immoral, unconstitutional or is wrongly applied to the defendant whose fate it is charged with deciding. Traditionally jurors are free to disregard the judge if they feel he is part of the system of oppression. Jury nullification is an essential protection for citizens against governmental tyranny.

Why would you stomp for Jury nullification then not want to serve? The only way for Jury nullification to work is to be on a jury.

Say whatever work necessary to be picked, and then you can use Jury nullification.

During jury selection, lawyers can dismiss so many off the top. The idea is be stay in the running long enough so that your dismissal is part of a challenge. This way, even if you are made unable to play the jury nullification card, those seated may still favor the defendant.

Tings that make you go "WTF????!!!!"

Why would you stomp for Jury nullification then not want to serve? The only way for Jury nullification to work is to be on a jury.

Say whatever work necessary to be picked, and then you can use Jury nullification.

During jury selection, lawyers can dismiss so many off the top. The idea is be stay in the running long enough so that your dismissal is part of a challenge. This way, even if you are made unable to play the jury nullification card, those seated may still favor the defendant.

no self respecting judge or da would allow me to sit on any jury after a few honest answers. i'd rather lie to get on the jury and force a nullification, if appropriate. i mean, if a da asked me if i could find someone guilty of a mj, i'd lie my donkey off to get on the jury. sorry, some times things just bees that way.

No, just look at the questions differently. Could you find someone guilty of a MJ charge? Yes I could. If that charge was he took a 100 lb brick of MJ and intentionally dropped it on someone and killed them, yes, I could find them guilty. So simple answer to him is "Yes". That is an illegal delivery.

They key there is *could* you find someone guilty. Yes. If they ask, *Would* you find someone guilty of a MJ charge if the evidence was overwhelming. Well Yes, I would, if I was so overwhelmed by the evidence that I thought it would never end.

However that would take tons, litterally of evidence.

Guest Happy Guy

Nullifacation is a draw. We need to win some of these cases to set precedent or we will be playing silly games forever.

Get on a jury and take a juror to lunch. Make good conversation. Now there are two.

Nullifacation is a draw. We need to win some of these cases to set precedent or we will be playing silly games forever.

Get on a jury and take a juror to lunch. Make good conversation. Now there are two.

During jury selection, you might have thirty potential jurors in the court room.

When the first person says those words every one of the potential jurors hears the words. Teaching the rest of them the same words.

Can you figure out another way to teach every potential juror those two words?

Guest Happy Guy

During jury selection, you might have thirty potential jurors in the court room.

When the first person says those words every one of the potential jurors hears the words. Teaching the rest of them the same words.

Can you figure out another way to teach every potential juror those two words?

Why? To what end? And why did you quote me? LOL I quoted you because you quoted me. Next you will say I'm stalking you again when I just write my opinion. Silly games.

Why? To what end? And why did you quote me? LOL I quoted you because you quoted me. Next you will say I'm stalking you again when I just write my opinion. Silly games.

I started this thread and you replied to it. Nothing remotely sinister there.

Why and to what end?

There was a national story about it lately. And it was because they couldn't seat a jury in a marijuana case.

I hope that someday Oakland county will be unable to seat a jury. The sooner the better.

Archived