Thoughts On Nutrients Please?

SparklyBuds

Folks I could use some advice... up 'til now, for nutrients we've been using Miracle Grow products & Bat Guano a buddy gave us, & trying to match the numbers using a book by Jorge Cervantes as a guide.

Now we are going to get some actual Cannibis nutrients and would like some advice... What are the basic things you need? We need a Cal/Mag supplement for one thing... What we're thinking of getting, is the BC Bloom Starter kit, that seems to have a little of everything plus a chart for how to mix. Seems like a good way to go, but then, it could just have a bunch of stuff we don't need!! Do you have any thoughts on this or other brands, or how to give the ladies what they need in an effective, simple, cost effective way?

Edit, sorry, forgot to say it's a Soil grow.

Thanks Happy GUy! That chart helps and the other companies probably have them too, so to find out what I need, Copy them off the chart & compare prices at the store. Thanx!:thumbsu:

I've used a handful of brands, with great results, Fox farms is awesome for beginners keeps thing relatively simple, posi-organic and very productive nutrients, I use Botanicare PureBlendPro these days, but haven't got a bad thing to say about fox farms at all. For my hydroponic plants I use General Hydroponics in the Lucas Method, extremely simple 2 part mix ratio. As long as you buy a reputable brands nutrients you'll be fine, just follow the manufacturers directions until you get the hang of them. A lot of people will try a brand and then discredit them without ever getting used to it, they'll switch so often that they never quite have a good grasp on things. So my biggest chunk of advice regardless of what you pick stick with it, they're all great nutrients, some out perform others, but some over complicate things more then others, no matter what you choose with a little care and time you'll have fantastic meds!

I agree with Jipo...FoxFarms is a great way to go for beginners. Pretty easy mix and the weekly formula doesnt change too much. I used Foxfarms successfully for years. The only knock I do have on it is flowering plants tend to yellow up a little sooner than they should. You have to specifically dial in your mix ratio to specific strains because if you go with their recommended dosages you are probably going to get slight nute burn on most strains. The positives definitly outweigh the negatives though.

I switched over to Botanicare PureBlendPro a few months ago and I am very happy with my results so far. My yield hasnt decreased at all and my flavor has increased quite a bit. I use Pureblend Pro Grow, Liquid Karma, and Calmag+ for veg, and PureBlendPro Bloom (Soil), Liquid Karma, Calmag+, and Sweet (raw) for bloom. So far I have not had any problems.

I agree with Jipo...FoxFarms is a great way to go for beginners. Pretty easy mix and the weekly formula doesnt change too much. I used Foxfarms successfully for years. The only knock I do have on it is flowering plants tend to yellow up a little sooner than they should. You have to specifically dial in your mix ratio to specific strains because if you go with their recommended dosages you are probably going to get slight nute burn on most strains. The positives definitly outweigh the negatives though.

I switched over to Botanicare PureBlendPro a few months ago and I am very happy with my results so far. My yield hasnt decreased at all and my flavor has increased quite a bit. I use Pureblend Pro Grow, Liquid Karma, and Calmag+ for veg, and PureBlendPro Bloom (Soil), Liquid Karma, Calmag+, and Sweet (raw) for bloom. So far I have not had any problems.

You sir run the same setup as me minus sweet, I use molasses sometimes. Grab a little hydro plex, dont add it in with your normal mixes but around week 4-5 (on a 8 week strain) give it 1 feeding a week with just hydroplex and water, you'll notice a nice burst of resin production and a little bulking with the super high PK feed. I'm not to big on additives but that one def performs, and a heavy PK boost mid week for 2-3 weeks will make em happy. Again strain to strain varies as you said but you know the drill haha! My only true gripe with Pureblend Pro is you have to add cal/mag there is none in any of the bases, and they smell like dookie! but then again the worse it smells the more organic it probably is :lol:

Thanks Bri, we'll compare prices between DynaGrow & Fox Farms, and hopefully they have starter kits like the other company did - seems to be the cheapest way to start out & while we're using the products in the kit, we can also start buying full size a little at a time, not have to buy all the full size all at once. I'll make sure to include the MagPro too :thumbsu:

Edit, sorry, forgot to say it's a Soil grow.

General Hydroponics I've been using

from Day One ...

Pretty close to Mineral Drain to Waste

Keep it Simple Program ...

plus a few other simple other ingredents ...

I 'll never chance my feeding in Soil ... :thumbsu:

Of course i use Smart Pots w/ Pro Mix w/ Biofungicide

Come Taste my Meds ....

I 'll be in Jackson , Michigan

July 30th ...

get the DynaGrow Bloom and MagPro. use NOTHING else (accept for as much light as possible, on movers if affordable) and reap the rewards

Yes indeed, and eff General Hydroponics. It's garbage when using the lucas method you come up with goofy ppm/ph numbers and when using the chart you overfeed your plants.

Since I have made the switch to Dyna Grow my life has been easier. Using the lucas method my PH always comes to about 5.5-5.8 with no ph up or down. My water even looks better. When using GH it was a rust brown color with a chemical smell. Using Dyna Grow my water is a clear looking green with the smell of earth to it.

About 5ml of Mag-Pro and 10Ml of Bloom per gallon does the trick too.

Yes indeed. Let

Bill Gates & his billions bild a toilet to process your urine

rather than feed the best fertilizer to your ladies. Whay not throw your urine down the drain & use petro prods

to ruin our environ? Recycling is for the 4th world. You and the US r 2 rich for that foolishness.

Yes indeed, and eff General Hydroponics. It's garbage when using the lucas method you come up with goofy ppm/ph numbers and when using the chart you overfeed your plants.

Since I have made the switch to Dyna Grow my life has been easier. Using the lucas method my PH always comes to about 5.5-5.8 with no ph up or down. My water even looks better. When using GH it was a rust brown color with a chemical smell. Using Dyna Grow my water is a clear looking green with the smell of earth to it.

About 5ml of Mag-Pro and 10Ml of Bloom per gallon does the trick too.

That's extreme, inaccurate, and not at all helpful information.

For our little soil grow, after looking at the numbers, we like the looks of the Dyna Grow the best, in our opinion. So we're gonna get that but actually we need the "Grow" one for veg, don't need the Bloom yet. Plus gotta get Mag Pro & Azamax. Sheesh. And dirt...

I don't know a darn thing about the Lucas method, I guess that's hydro... too advanced for me ;)

General Hydroponics I've been using

from Day One ...

Pretty close to Mineral Drain to Waste

Keep it Simple Program ...

plus a few other simple other ingredents ...

I 'll never chance my feeding in Soil ... :thumbsu:

Of course i use Smart Pots w/ Pro Mix w/ Biofungicide

Come Taste my Meds ....

I 'll be in Jackson , Michigan

July 30th ...

You gonna be in Jackson tomorrow T? Maybe I'll come out then if I can.

Tomorrow is my birthday.

Dyna Grow and Bloom are great product for soiless mediums like Sunshine, Promix, Metro Mix, etc. I have to imagine they would also work great in soil as well. You will not be disappointed with these products. Twenty years ago when there were only a hand full of nutrient companies in the cannabis business Dyna Grow was already there making great product. I sometimes think it is overlooked because of the flashy marketing that other products use. I think you will be happy with your decision if you choose DG products you will also leave the grow store with a bunch of money left in your pockets. Keep it simple!

Archived