The Law

donnachris

Get this - "Section 333.26426 (e) The department shall issue registry identification cards within 5 days of approving an application or renewal, which shall expire 1 year after the date of issuance..."

If this is the case, how come when I got my card in May it shows that it expires in November. That's not right. They are the ones that aren't issuing are cards on time and the law clearly states that the card will be good for one year from date of issuance. They arrest us and take our property if we don't have our hard cards yet they aren't issuing them like they are supposed to.

They have been stone-walling us on the cards since day one! At the rally is was announced that $10 million dollars has been taken in and 70% of it has been shifted to the general fund.

http://www.mpp.org/a...Information.pdf

Michigan is the newest medical marijuana state where a program is up and running. The state

issues patient and caregiver registry cards, but there are no state-registered dispensaries. The Michigan

Department of Community Health (MDCH) began accepting patient applications in April 2009 and is

responsible for setting a fee that is sufficient to cover all program costs. As of February 11, 2011, the

MDCH has issued 58,125 current patient IDs.

The last time the program responded to the inquiry, it reported that about 60% of applicants are charged $100 and 40%, who demonstrate low-income, are charged $25.37 Thus, the program brought in an estimated total of at least $4 million in 2010. As of March 2011, the department reportedly has nine full time staff and nine temporary staff processing applications.

The revenue should be sufficient to cover the costs of many more staffers. When asked about costs, MDCH did not mention any additional start-up costs. The cost of administering the program is reportedly approximately one-third of the amount of revenue the program brings in. The remainder is transferred to the general fund.

20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW 20 days, OBEY THE LAW

They have been stone-walling us on the cards since day one! At the rally is was announced that $10 million dollars has been taken in and 70% of it has been shifted to the general fund.

Michigan is the newest medical marijuana state where a program is up and running. The state

issues patient and caregiver registry cards, but there are no state-registered dispensaries. The Michigan

Department of Community Health (MDCH) began accepting patient applications in April 2009 and is

responsible for setting a fee that is sufficient to cover all program costs. As of February 11, 2011, the

MDCH has issued 58,125 current patient IDs.

The last time the program responded to the inquiry, it reported that about 60% of applicants are charged $100 and 40%, who demonstrate low-income, are charged $25.37 Thus, the program brought in an estimated total of at least $4 million in 2010. As of March 2011, the department reportedly has nine full time staff and nine temporary staff processing applications.

The revenue should be sufficient to cover the costs of many more staffers. When asked about costs, MDCH did not mention any additional start-up costs. The cost of administering the program is reportedly approximately one-third of the amount of revenue the program brings in. The remainder is transferred to the general fund.

If only 58,125 cards have been issued and 40% of them were at the $25 charge, how the hell has the program made 10 million dollars, I come with just over 4 million. Where is the rest of the money coming from??

If only 58,125 cards have been issued and 40% of them were at the $25 charge, how the hell has the program made 10 million dollars, I come with just over 4 million. Where is the rest of the money coming from??

105,458 cards have been issued. 181,303 original and renewal applications have been received by the department. 19,705 applications denied. Meaning there is approximately a 60,000 card backlog for which they've cashed the check but have not yet issued the card.

Hopefully that clears up the confusion.

Source: http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,1607,7-154-27417_51869---,00.html

• 1 month later...

As of February 11, 2011, the MDCH has issued 58,125 current patient IDs.

I still don't understand where they are coming up with 10 million dollars if only 58K cards have been issued.

ok, still at 100,000 patients even if everyone of them paid them $100 for their cards then it would still only add up to $1,000,000. So where has this $10 Million dollars come from that the state says they have brought in so far???

Just put all the zeros together then put in the commas.

100,000 has five zeros. 100 has two zeros. Total of seven zeros.

10000000 then add the commas .. 10,000,000 .. seven zeros.

ok, ok, so next time I read this thread I won't medicate before hand. But my not being able to multiply while medicated says a good thing to the growers who bring meds to the farmers market. My hats off to you, because I trained to be an accountant and I did pretty good in college too, but I NEVER medicated before class.

• 2 weeks later...

What about all those patients who used SSD/SSI and only paid $25. $10 Cg change forms?

DN

Add in renewals, $10 change forms, etc... Or just look at their accounting. The state put out a report a few months back (March? April?) that said they had taken in over $8 million. And that's their accounting.

Add in what they claim of 500 applications a day coming in, that's at least 63,000 more apps (subtract out weekends) since the report, and that's another $4.59MILLION in 6 months. Subtract out denials, etc, and you are probably somewhere around $4million since the state reported on it at over $8. They are taking in somewhere around $6-8Million a year on this.

And operational costs are somewhere under $2 million per year. Heck I'd do it for that and guarantee all background checks are done and cards sent out within 20 days with picture ID and have a way for cards to be checked 24/7.

Add in renewals, $10 change forms, etc... Or just look at their accounting. The state put out a report a few months back (March? April?) that said they had taken in over $8 million. And that's their accounting.

Add in what they claim of 500 applications a day coming in, that's at least 63,000 more apps (subtract out weekends) since the report, and that's another $4.59MILLION in 6 months. Subtract out denials, etc, and you are probably somewhere around $4million since the state reported on it at over $8. They are taking in somewhere around $6-8Million a year on this.

And operational costs are somewhere under $2 million per year. Heck I'd do it for that and guarantee all background checks are done and cards sent out within 20 days with picture ID and have a way for cards to be checked 24/7.

They are being careless with this cash flow.

They are failing to keep up with their part of the responsibilities they receive this money for. A result of being careless with their responsibility.

Archived