Please, Need Help With Problem, Dont Know Whats Wrong

Hi,

I am new to your site and was wondering if anyone could identify this problem for me please

I am growing 4 blueberry plants in 7 gallon smart pots with two 600 watt hps lights

I have a 6inch inline fan hooked to two big kahuna hoods for ventilation

my intake air is passive but filtered. I have one oscillating fan and one heater running that keeps my temps at 70-73 degrees at all times.

I am growing in a 9x4 tent that is on concrete

They are in week 4 of flowering after a 5-6 week veg

I am growing in a soil mix comprised of Dr. Earth potting soil, dolomite lime, bat guano, kelp meal, earthwormcasting, and pearlite (i think thats it) anyway it was a good mix recipie from a seasoned farmer but was supposed to use FFOF instead but could not get it.

I have not used any extra nutes in my water. I did have a PH problem in the beggining and then towards the middle of the grow but now water only with ph balanced tap that has sat overnight in the tent for temp control and chlorine removal.

I water slowly and evenly with the same amount approx. every 4-5 days until it starts seeping out the bottom then I stop

I have not had any other trouble except a big case of fungus gnats which yellow traps and a couple of good doses of gnatrol took care of.

the yellowing leaves started in the middle of the plant and I though they were just damaged from the ph issue i had at that time and did not worry to much as the new growth looked good and have just been removing them as they get too bad.

then today I notice several lower leaves are still very green but brown in the middle. Dont know if its two different issues or not. I have taken quite a few pictures to show. the links are below

Please help if you can. I really cant afford to lose these babies ! thank-you so much in advance

P1010116.jpg

P1010114.jpg

P1010112.jpg

P1010102.jpg

P1010101.jpg

P1010129.jpg

P1010123.jpg

P1010127.jpg

P1010128.jpg

P1010125.jpg

Actually the lower pictures show a decent healthy plant - you seemed to have picked off a few yellowing leaves as the plant transitions from veg to flower. It is normal for large sun leaves to yellow and drop as the plant changes from veg growth to flower growth. It will slowly deplete the mobile nutrients in the leaves - moving them to other parts of the plant.

So, if I considered pictures separately - say the bad leaves shown on top- I would have said nute deficiency. Then as you explained - the plant is 4 weeks in to flower - after 5/6 weeks in veg - so the plant is likely needing the FLOWERING nutrition that you have not given it. By this time, your soil has used up much of the fertilizer in it. And, your fertilizer was meant best for vegging stage - so now you need to add nutes for flowering.

Looking at the stem, the lower pictures - everything on the plant looks fine!

One or two leaves have a defect, the curve to the side, again - mag/cal deficient.

The PH issue CAN cause nute lock out, but I think that is not the case at this point.

Cover those bare cement walls with plastic.

Your ballasts should not be on the floor in the case of a water spill. Feed your girls.

DN

Your fungus gnats are a clue, the plants may have had too much water. At this point the only thing i might try is a top dress with ewc. This will maintain your microbes in the soil. And of course let the soil dry out between waterings.

In your mix the lime and the guano takes 4 months to break down. So it is important to give your soil mix at least one month to rest prior to planting in it. Just make it damp and let it sit. The time give microbes a chance to start breeaking down nutrients in a process called nutrient cycling. This means the fungus and bacterias are eating your nutrients. As they do, those nutrients are stored in them and their succeeding generations, and will be available when the plants want them. A key in this process is high quality ewc/compost, that makes all the difference. Plastic bags of each sitting for months is not good for microbe health.

The pics show your plants to be healthy for the most part, and some yellowing late in flower is a natural process where the leave's nutrients are used up by the plant......shredder

Looks like hard water to me

A word of advice put that ballast up off of the ground with the fan pointing upward all kinds of bad things can happen if that ballast gets wet . :blink:

yes wondering about the water issue myself. comes out at about 7 but sits in the buckets 24 hours and ends up at 8

will get the ballasts up off the floor, thank-you...still not sure how to hang them up in a tent but I have some shelving I can put them up on.

Thank-you very much for checking this out for me

Actually the lower pictures show a decent healthy plant - you seemed to have picked off a few yellowing leaves as the plant transitions from veg to flower. It is normal for large sun leaves to yellow and drop as the plant changes from veg growth to flower growth. It will slowly deplete the mobile nutrients in the leaves - moving them to other parts of the plant.

So, if I considered pictures separately - say the bad leaves shown on top- I would have said nute deficiency. Then as you explained - the plant is 4 weeks in to flower - after 5/6 weeks in veg - so the plant is likely needing the FLOWERING nutrition that you have not given it. By this time, your soil has used up much of the fertilizer in it. And, your fertilizer was meant best for vegging stage - so now you need to add nutes for flowering.

One or two leaves have a defect, the curve to the side, again - mag/cal deficient.

The PH issue CAN cause nute lock out, but I think that is not the case at this point.

Your ballasts should not be on the floor in the case of a water spill. Feed your girls.

DN

okay, was was wondering about the nutes but thought maybe lockout or something as I was told the mix I made should last from start to finish and to just add molassis. I can get some mild flowering nutes today and feed in. Thank-you very much for your time ! It really helps to have this sounding board. My OCD and Anxiety kicks in and I get really worried about things.

thank-you very much

Your fungus gnats are a clue, the plants may have had too much water. At this point the only thing i might try is a top dress with ewc. This will maintain your microbes in the soil. And of course let the soil dry out between waterings.

In your mix the lime and the guano takes 4 months to break down. So it is important to give your soil mix at least one month to rest prior to planting in it. Just make it damp and let it sit. The time give microbes a chance to start breeaking down nutrients in a process called nutrient cycling. This means the fungus and bacterias are eating your nutrients. As they do, those nutrients are stored in them and their succeeding generations, and will be available when the plants want them. A key in this process is high quality ewc/compost, that makes all the difference. Plastic bags of each sitting for months is not good for microbe health.

The pics show your plants to be healthy for the most part, and some yellowing late in flower is a natural process where the leave's nutrients are used up by the plant......shredder

thank-you shredder, no one told me about the one month rest to give the mix. that is good info for next time. Not sure if I will do the mix again as its seems to need nutes anyway and was expensive to make.. whats EWC ? (sorry nubie like you wouldnt believe here)

DN

Thank-you so much for your help today. I went out to check on them this morning and now the tips of the leaves at the bottom are starting to show signs. You were so right at a nute deficiency. I went out and got the DynaGro with a small cal-mag supp.and watered in to just runoff at 1/4 strenth cal-mag and 1/2 strength Dynagro as Dynagro already has small amount in it and did not want to burn my babies. They have not seen liquid nutes ever. I also added a couple drops per bucket of Superthrive for stress.

Will keep you updated...thank-you again ! :thumbsu:

DN

So I also didnt understand that Dnyagro magpro was one word (my brain in on holiday at the moment) and thought I was supposed to get a Dyagro general suppliment with a cal-mag addition. Hope I did not over do it. I got the Dyagro bloom with a seperate Cal-mag suppliement. It does not have anything else in it but Cal-mag.

WOW did I mess this up ??. I used 1/2 normal (not the stress mode) strength on the dynagro and 1/4 on the calmag...is this going to be okay or should I expect to see some plant unhappiness ?

thank-you

So I also didnt understand that Dnyagro magpro was one word (my brain in on holiday at the moment) and thought I was supposed to get a Dyagro general suppliment with a cal-mag addition. Hope I did not over do it. I got the Dyagro bloom with a seperate Cal-mag suppliement. It does not have anything else in it but Cal-mag.

WOW did I mess this up ??. I used 1/2 normal (not the stress mode) strength on the dynagro and 1/4 on the calmag...is this going to be okay or should I expect to see some plant unhappiness ?

thank-you

They should be fine. They look like they could handle some nutes anyway. My plants really benefited when I started using "Liquid Karma" by Botanicare. I don't know what the stuff does, but a lot of people (me included now) swear by it.

I also started using "Great White" and that stuff is amazing also. Can't be used in flower though. I use organic soil that I mix myself. Since I started using Great White and Liquid Karma, my plants are a uniform green from top to bottom. I used to have pH problems. My soil was always too acidic regardless of the amount of Dolomitic lime I put into it. The other day I checked the water coming out of the bottom of some pots that had fresh soil and it was at a 4! I thought I would have to flush, but I decided to wait a day and see what the plants did. That was a week ago, and the plants never flinched a bit! I attribute this to Great White and Liquid Karma. I'm tellin' ya, the stuff is miraculous.

1. I don't see PM.

the flowering nutes are going to be combinations of lower dose nitrogen, higher dose of potassium and phosphorus, same dose of mag/cal, then cheaters like Sugar Daddy for more energy.

I really believe that the plants are going to be ok.

The Technaflora Starter Kit for $40 is a great start for new growers - its easy instructions and complete kit to run about 7-8 plants from clone to harvest. This will get you schooled on what nutes are needed, and how it changes from veg to flower.

purple stems and twisting can also be cal/mag issues. Deficient or locked out. Consider also - it could be getting cold in the grow room at night?

DN

you did ok for the nutes. I prefer the dynagro-magpro because it has all the trace and micro nutes in it too, but you'll be fine with what you have.

thank-you for saying so...my anxiety gets to me sometimes

I went out today and they seemed to be standing up taller and all the leaves were fanned our and standing up. I know it will take a few

days to straighten them out but in just the 24 hours since I had posted this they had already declined some with more leaf trouble so I think this should help too.

found spider mites this morning too..mostly eggs so far and contained to 5 or 6 leaves on one plant. gotta go get some mite killer

1. I don't see PM.

the flowering nutes are going to be combinations of lower dose nitrogen, higher dose of potassium and phosphorus, same dose of mag/cal, then cheaters like Sugar Daddy for more energy.

I really believe that the plants are going to be ok.

The Technaflora Starter Kit for $40 is a great start for new growers - its easy instructions and complete kit to run about 7-8 plants from clone to harvest. This will get you schooled on what nutes are needed, and how it changes from veg to flower.

purple stems and twisting can also be cal/mag issues. Deficient or locked out. Consider also - it could be getting cold in the grow room at night?

DN

I have a heater in there that keeps it at 70-73 all the time probably more in th 69-70 range at night but was wondering about the floor. Its concrete but there is a 6mil vapor barrior sheet of plastic, the tent and then the floor liner of the tent in between the plants and the floor. Is that enough ?? maybe I need to get them up off the floor. What do you think ?

Archived