Affordable Hash

I mean where do I get a kief sifter?

Most head shops carry them and ebay or an online head shop. :thumbsu:

The reason hash costs so much is due to the amount you need to pull a decent quanity i save suger leaf for months and still never get more than a couple of grams per bag of leaf . <_<

I find hash runs around $15 to $25 a gram. Quality will vary too, you should avoid greenish hash, as that is plant material. Hash is trichromes.

The various microns of screens used in kief sifters, ice-o-lator bags - create various qualities of hash - the smaller micron is considered 'full melt or bubble hash' as it will just melt away with a little heat - this is expensive as it is the smallest yield in a ice water method. 73 micron is the typical brownish/tan/black hash - it looks like a brownie, you use a little heat to break it open. These can yield pretty good in a ice extraction run. Larger micron like 120 can have plant bits in it, so its cheaper.

Butane extraction is technically full melt hash, but it used butane instead of ice water or sifting to get the trichromes.

DN

Awesome. Thanks..

Can.it.be straight injested or does.it.have to.be heated?

i have melted hash into cooking oils to make brownies - I tripped for two days.

you can sprinkle hash on toast and eat it, you can smoke it or vape it. You can crumble it into a joint, but i find a water pipe or glass bowl is best.

Some hash makers will separate trim and make hash 'sativa' or 'indica', try the hash before you buy it in quantity.

DN

How much hash did you put in there to "trip for two days"??

I made a batch of brownies in a pan that cut up into 9 equal brownies, I put in 9g of high quality bubble hash and I was pain free ALL day from one brownie with 1g of hash in it. It was pretty intense for the first hour buy once you get used to it you can go about your daily activities if someone can give you a ride

Putting enough to trip for two days sounds like a pretty expensive brownie and doesn't seem usefull for anyone whos working or has other things to do during those two days

i have melted hash into cooking oils to make brownies - I tripped for two days.

you can sprinkle hash on toast and eat it, you can smoke it or vape it. You can crumble it into a joint, but i find a water pipe or glass bowl is best.

Some hash makers will separate trim and make hash 'sativa' or 'indica', try the hash before you buy it in quantity.

DN

How much hash did you put in there to "trip for two days"??

I made a batch of brownies in a pan that cut up into 9 equal brownies, I put in 9g of high quality bubble hash and I was pain free ALL day from one brownie with 1g of hash in it. It was pretty intense for the first hour buy once you get used to it you can go about your daily activities if someone can give you a ride

Putting enough to trip for two days sounds like a pretty expensive brownie and doesn't seem usefull for anyone whos working or has other things to do during those two days

Correct, I did not want to have such a dose, it was just 1 gram of hash melted in 1/3 cup of cannabutter. Ok, so I ate 2 brownies lol

DN

Ah the famous double dose of death. IDK why but if I eat more than one of any stregnth brownie I'll be a useless pile until the next day and even longer in some cases, but thats funny it was only 1g I was expecting you to say you put a half oz or something becasue the 9 I used was strong but not mutliple day trip hah

So. I could warm it up and injest...

Can I put it on a cold pb and j sandwich or does it need heat?

you have to decarbolate it, I believe the temp is right around 200. to convert thca into thc so your body can absorb it. bho is one of the easiest methods if you have out door space, but qwiso is also simple. but for edibles you have to heat it yes.

Butane hash oil is perfectly safe if you're using food grade butane or some equivalent like vector. As long as there is a proper purge (which is incredibly easy to tell) it's one of the safest ways you can engest cannabis. You inhale waaay more butane when lighting a pipe with a lighter then you do from bho. Also check out toke city's forums for there hash and oil section there is some amazing advice from very seasoned people.

No other taste like hand rubbed hash.

The black rolled finger and the 100g stamped soles with the gold Mazar seal from the 70s are only a hazy memory. Those Nepalese Temple Balls wrapped in colored silk paper and foil also produced a most wonderful medical effect.

Some soldiers stationed in Germany in the 70s may remember the black hash...unless they smoked too much. :rock:

Ok... heat for how long?

20 mins or so, really important to watch temp, use a candy thermometer or something like that to hot and you burn off all the active ingredients. I think if you are making in cookies or baking you can just skip this step, but heat is hey, this way your body can absorb the medicine through your digestive tract efficiently. Loots of really good books on cooking well worth the $15 investment, better then wasting medicine.

Archived