I Cant Visit My Husband?

It might be :

"...

The proposed visitor is not a prisoner or a former prisoner in any jurisdiction. However, prisoner or former prisoner who is an immediate family member may be placed on the prisoner's approved visitors list with prior approval of the Warden of the facility where the visit will occur.

The proposed visitor is not on parole or probation in any jurisdiction as a result of a felony conviction. However, a parolee or probationer who is an immediate family member may be placed on the prisoner's approved visitors list with prior approval of the Warden of the facility where the visit will occur and written approval of the supervising field agent..."

http://www.michigan.gov/corrections/0,4551,7-119-9741_12798-179676--,00.html

This means she needs to get some forms submitted, and approval of some peoples.

If we make phone calls and mail, it might help get her approved faster.

DN

http://www.emmetcounty.org/inmateinformation/#sect-297

Visitation

Visitors must be on the inmates approved visitors list to visit. All visitors must be 18 years of age to visit with the exception of minor or step children accompanied by an adult or guardian that is on the inmate's approved list. Please bring valid identification.

General Visitation Day: Saturday - 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Family Visitation Day: Thursday - 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (By appointment only)

Each inmate is allowed only one appointment for a family visit. Family members must call to make an appointment prior to visiting day. Visitors are not allowed to visit both Thursday and Saturday.

Visitors involved in the following will be placed on permanent visiting restrictions:

• Improper or lack of identification
  • Not signing the visitor log or using false information
  • Swearing, arguing, excessive loud noise
  • Visitors attempting to introduce contraband into the facility
  • Court orders prohibiting contact

Inmate Programs and Services

The goal of the Corrections Division is to obtain the most effective inmate programs and services at minimal cost, if any, providing for a more productive transition for the inmates return to the community. Most of the programs are provided to inmates by community volunteers. The following is a list of the programs and services available to inmates:

• General Educational Development (GED) assistance and testing
  • Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
  • Substance Abuse Education
  • Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT)
  • Spiritual Counseling/Church Services
  • Bible Study
  • Project Unity For Life
  • Work release
  • Work crew/Trustee
  • Medical Services
  • Mental Health Services
  • Commissary

Property Allowed In For Inmates

Inmates are allowed to have the following property brought in or mailed to them.

• Cash or money orders (no personal checks).
  • Family pictures (limit 5).
  • New pre-packaged white underwear, tee shirts, and socks.
  • Letters or cards may be brought in on visitation days only.
  • Bible (soft cover only).

Books, Magazines and Newspaper Subscriptions

Inmates are allowed to have books and magazines mailed to them direct from an approved local book store or internet vendor. Newspaper subscriptions must be delivered or mailed direct from the publisher.

The approved local book stores are: Horizon Books, McLean and Eakin Booksellers, and Between the Covers. Orders for books will only be accepted by telephone.

The approved internet vendors are: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Borders, Schuler Books, and Walmart.

NOTE: No hard-covered books will be accepted. Inmates may not receive books, magazines, or newspapers dropped off or mailed by friends or family. The Emmet County Correctional Facility reserves the right to inspect and refuse any property dropped off or mailed to the facility.

Inmate Mail

All incoming mail will be opened and inspected for contraband. Letters and/or envelopes decorated or sealed with lipstick, perfume, glue, stickers, or items deemed inappropriate will be placed in the inmate's personal property.

To send mail to an inmate housed at the Emmet County Correctional Facility use the following address:

Inmate's Name

450 Bay Street

Petoskey MI 49770

Inmate Telephone

Telephone access is provided to the inmates from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily. All calls are outgoing collect service only. Phone cards are available for purchase at the facility. Incoming calls for the delivery of messages to inmates will be accepted for emergencies only.

Victim Notification

The Michigan Crime Notification Network (VINE) is a free, confidential 24 hour telephone service that allows a victim to check on the custody status of an inmate in a county jail and to register for automated notification when an inmate is released, transferred, scheduled for advanced release or work release, or dies. Victims may register for this program by calling 1-800-770-7657.

I am not on probation nor do I have any charges against me. I am not a patient only a caregiver. They can test me forever I do not at this point have need of meds. My husband is telling me that his PO told him he could not have ANY contact with any persons that held a MMM license. We are waiting on word from his attorney, this would include me, his sister, parents, and all of you for the duration of his probation...5 years

I am not on probation nor do I have any charges against me. I am not a patient only a caregiver. They can test me forever I do not at this point have need of meds. My husband is telling me that his PO told him he could not have ANY contact with any persons that held a MMM license. We are waiting on word from his attorney, this would include me, his sister, parents, and all of you for the duration of his probation...5 years

Barbi that is in direct violation of the Law, they cannot discriminate for having a card. Yes I know it's Emmett County and they don't recognize the law but this leaves them wide open for a Federal civil suit!! A Federal judge would rule against this on them in a heartbeat. Ask them this question? What risk can a MMJ carded patient possibly be to their jail? No more of a risk than a lot of visitors there that are users with no card. Total BS!!! Maybe we should get a collection going to start a civil suit on them dirty rotten #$$%^&^% they are violating your constitutional rights big time!!!

Archived