Will This Work For A Grow Light

TheBeagle

Good for you TheBeagle! I am sure that any start will be just that, a start. If that is what you have to work with, it will work better than some things but obviously not as well as a T-5 or a 400W but yes, it will take longer, and your yields may be smaller, but you can grow with your light set up. You can get some good quality medicine if you are patient I believe.

Do you have some good books, like Jorge Cervantes Medical Growers bible or Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Growers Handbook, or the Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green? These were gifted to me so I am sure there are friends who will loan them out or pass them along.

Good luck and peace to you TheBeagle. You are not alone in your quest!

That would work, but if you buy four clip on work sockets you would have the flexibility to raise/lower or spread out if needed. Just a thought.

Also before you buy, compare the price of all the bulbs and whatever socket you decide on, to a small hid. The prices might not be that far apart.

If you do use that one , remember to arrange the ladies in a bowl shape,as close as heat will allow, to maximize the light available.

At a later date you could switch to using that thing for the veg cycle and upgrade to something better/brighter for the flowering area. If needed, once you are a successfull grower.

Good luck,

R

Good luck Beagle!! We started with a 2 bulb, 4' shop light using Aquarium and Plant lite bulbs. In a closet. The plants were small, the buds were small & airy, but by god we were growing !

Now we have a 1000w but regretting it; We want to get a dual 600 w ballast because I think you get a little more light (lumens) plus a bigger Footprint.. If you can afford one the dual 600w might be good for your grow too; would give you a lot more yield than you'll get from the set up you describe. But yes it will work with the CFLs.

As usual - all this is my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt. ;)

I have very little seeds so im plant one if it gets a boner im continue no nutes r/o water and ph balancer

You should check the diameter on the cfls. I'm not sure 4 will fit, the high wattage cfls take some space. the clip on reflectors work well. i have used them to veg and to supplant hid in flower. get a good book you will learn a lot. Good growing

nothing wrong with one plant but id recommend at least two to start, just incase you kill one..hehe.Guy just wants to see if he can do it or get an idea.The cfls will work but i second the clip on ones or the dual splitters that point farther away so the bulbs will fit, plus youll wanna be able to put a few on the sides of the plant as well...compare the price like what was said to say a 250 watt hid.

Meijers has 23 watt Daylight compact fllorecents = to 100 old style for 99 cents through Jan 21st ,2012 . They are the good ones 6500k that someone pointed out Walmart carries too . They help with my low vitamen D , hormone issues ,and seasonal effect disorder . Very noticeable elevation of mood , great reading light , a half dozen could stabilize a mother plant or be gentle enough for seedlings . They are in blue individual boxes and say Meijer Daylight 1600 lumens 23 watts 6500K . Been looking for a sale on 42 and 85 watt 6500K bulbs .

im using Water and DIRT thats it nothing else cept ph balancer if its needed

Unless you mix up your own dirt, I think you will run out of nutrients after 2 to 5 weeks. Depending on your dirt and how aggressive you grow/wattage that is. Also consider seaweed extract in your water, it puts the ph just right and has a lot of benefits,you should chech it out.

Good luck,

R

I highly recommend adding a nutrient regimen of some sort, anything for that matter is better than nothing. Imagine yourself going without food for 10-11 weeks and only getting to take a few sips of water....your baby girls are no different. On top of that they will reward you greatly for feeding them! Its a win-win situation, but you need to start somewhere by giving them at least a little taste of something. Experienced growers would have no problem helping you out if you find a nutrient line you like. I personally have tried about 4 different lines of nutrients and am currently running (and loving the results) from "Cannna" products. I run all Canna nutrients and grow in Canna coco

personally i don't really like liquid nutes i want it as organic as possible i don't care for yeild as im only producing for myself, not goin to caregive ill be happy with a nice oz im not a heavy smoker ill make smoke a half J and hit the sack and oz will prob last me a couple weeks

personally i don't really like liquid nutes i want it as organic as possible i don't care for yeild as im only producing for myself, not goin to caregive ill be happy with a nice oz im not a heavy smoker ill make smoke a half J and hit the sack and oz will prob last me a couple weeks

Good luck with that.

If you change your mind, I am organic and would be happy to help.

Information is free.

R

i dont have any books.......but google does (hehe) eventually i will be gettin a tent with t5 but i just wana get the basic's down and see what happens dont wana waste like 10 seeds fer nuthin .....1 seed 1 plant see how it goes

I might be fairly new but I think bag seed is a good way to start.free seed can make good. and you wont waste $100 worth of seed like I did.

Archived