Mocc Farmers Market

ProPlayer420

Don't forget to attend this event. The MOCC has always defended patient/caregiver rights. Thanks, Bb

We were there!

gallery_15246_564_45085.jpg

DrTarzan and MiBrains made the long trip (LHB and me, not so much, we're local)

As usual - it was a great event!

What to expect at a farmer's market - Jackson or otherwise..

gallery_15246_564_34684.jpg

Capt. Kirk is the Detroit Cannabis Cup Winner of 2011 - he is known as 'the chef'. He won 1st place for a Keylime cheesecake pie (I remember because I still want one!)Cheesecake, honey, candies, tinctures, he was the respected man to talk to.

gallery_15246_564_7344.jpgMissy, the young lady sits at a farmer's table to give you an example of what the tables looked like. Prices, specs, smell and touch was available at many tables.

gallery_15246_564_61982.jpgClones, meds, glassware, was on many tables. Many growers were very happy to talk to you about their medicine. You could sit at one of these tables one day.

gallery_15246_564_73323.jpgEverything is high quality, people cared about presenting the best for patients and caregivers.

Coming soon to YOUR town!

--

Your mod team, and loyal MMMA Honor Guards - Mibrains, DrTarzan, LHB, and the DigitalNomad..(other mods pics soon!)

gallery_15246_564_6744.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone agreed to be photographed. Thanks for checking!

Each of us has a certain amount of risk that we assume in our work here. Some people volunteered to setup the event, some people pass out business cards with contact info on them, some use screen names on this website rather than real names. Each of the photographed person has been presented on High Times, you recognize the winner of the Detroit Cannabis Cup, Capt. Kirk. The other gal, is a popular activist, you have seen her at practically every rally since. I used her photo as an example of what the other farmer's tables looked like - very professional, they did not want to be photographed of course. I admire these people for their risk to present the MMMP to new patients and caregivers. I guess we have to start somewhere, and someone had to do it. Your mods - rallies, protests, social and political events - we were there, on TV, on radio, in the news.

It is time we stop being afraid. You make your choice on how much you want to reveal, but you should stop hiding your real self. I can respect those who need to hide, due to work, family, etc - but give praise to those who stand for YOU.

thanks again B&T

the DigitalNomad

Guys, I am sorry couldn't make it. I ended up on a two hour conference call. We are down to just a few days before our meeting with Walsh. Hearings begin two days later. BTW I love the Jackets. I hope to be free soon. Thanks, bb

A few other mods I am sure wished to be there.

Bb - I was so proud of these guys. Someone asked, as we stood around in our new jackets.

"What are they for?"

I felt so comfortable and natural when I uttered "I guess we are the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association Honor Guard, We'll be at all the rallies."

The person said "wow, that is so cool"

indeed. But not lightly.

The jackets means we have more responsibility.

Thanks boss! I look forward to serving the community

DN

I had a blast, we got the tent up in decent fashion, no injuries lol!

Got to meet you 4, hope tarzan likes that nug of Champ I gave him. Can't wait to try his bubba.

Got to help a patient with some genetics, and since the other two never made them selves known to me, I gave the remaining 40 or so beans to reddog and I think Capt. Kirk took some as well. Hope they enjoy the high cbd!

Was bummed I missed the cannalytics guys, but there is always another time.

Donations were very fair, meds were much better than any dispensary I've been too in MI so far (can't say I've seen em all). Wide wide selection, I mean for petes sake someone had Ducksfoot!

I met a bunch of people that I hadn't seen since the school, or the Belle Isle Caregivers Cup. Was great to see you all!

funny you mention 'school' (Amsterdam Cannabis College) and Belle Isle. We are kind of the halfway point to Detroit - so we tend to share events with Belle Isle Compassion Club and the Down River Compassion Club.

Many of our people and those club members went to the school too.

We had to 'cut off' the vendors, it was first come, first serve spots. Every slot was filled, and that gave patients and caregivers such a variety. glad you liked the prices, the MOCC has nothing to do with prices - its the community in action.

Thanks for coming out!

DN

I was there! Missy's tincture spray samples were a doozy! :D

After that, I was overwhelmed with the variety and available selection as I went from table to table. And the prices were extremely fair!

I was very pleased to see that some people were handing out contact cards as well. I can't wait to try the Dak(?)(Chemdog x AK47) I got from someone by the name of Reddog and the Granny Panties from another vendor, I just wish I knew how to contact them for future reference!

The one security guard guy pictured wearing the sunglasses strongly recommended one vendor's bubblehash to me as I was looking at their table, and I'm glad i took his advice! By far the best hash I've had in a while.

This was absolutely a fantastic event! Like I said, it was a bit overwhelming as I've never been to one of the farmer's markets before. I completely skipped over edibles and seeds just because I was trying to process all of the fantastic strains that were around. I highly look forward to the next market so I can stock up on those :)

Hey CaffeineForAll! Do you happen to have any of those high CBD seeds left?

funny you mention 'school' (Amsterdam Cannabis College) and Belle Isle. We are kind of the halfway point to Detroit - so we tend to share events with Belle Isle Compassion Club and the Down River Compassion Club.

Many of our people and those club members went to the school too.

We had to 'cut off' the vendors, it was first come, first serve spots. Every slot was filled, and that gave patients and caregivers such a variety. glad you liked the prices, the MOCC has nothing to do with prices - its the community in action.

Thanks for coming out!

DN

I was referring to Med Grow Cannabis College DN :D

It was my pleasure to come out and patronize some good folks for once!

I'm sorry but I do not at this time. They get stored away in a doomsday type of safe and I only took 60 out. One patient came and got 20, the other two didn't come up to me, so I gave them to reddog as I figured he could use the CBD stuff, I believe he split them with Captain Kirk too.

I'm sorry but I do not at this time. They get stored away in a doomsday type of safe and I only took 60 out. One patient came and got 20, the other two didn't come up to me, so I gave them to reddog as I figured he could use the CBD stuff, I believe he split them with Captain Kirk too.

No worries! And thank you for a quick response! I was just wondering, may I ask what strains you had at your table? I'm just curious if I found your table. There was soo much to see! :D

No worries! And thank you for a quick response! I was just wondering, may I ask what strains you had at your table? I'm just curious if I found your table. There was soo much to see! :D

Oh I wasn't vending, I was there as a patient. The beans were a freebie, so I didn't need to get a table.

I was roaming around in a camo fleece hoodie.

Here is a pic of what I scooped up while there.

Starting with the biggest buds in the back, and working left to right strains are as follows:

1. Ducksfoot 2. Kandy Kush 3. Black Cheese Kush (mine) 4. Grapefruit

Front row smaller nugs, again left to right:

1. Pre 98 Bubba (Tarzan) 2. Church (Missy) 3. Apollo 11 (I feel bad that I can't remember his name >.@) 4. More Grapefruit

gallery_29764_1032_1634271.jpg

Think I'm gonna smoke one of the Kandy Kush before bed tonight.

I will probably save these samples and run them through my GC, if any one is interested in the results I'll report back with em.

@CaffeineForAll:

If the Apollo 11 you got was from the guy at the very last booth, near the entrance, next to the rack of tie-dye shirts, with the e-mail sign-up list, that was Aaron. I got his business card if you want his contact info. I really liked the Apollo 11 he had. Very nice uplifting and motivating sativa effect. Just a tiny bit of an indica buzz in it to provide a nice little body tingling to the feeling, and keeping it from being a super clear sativa that wears off after a short bit.

I also got a good bit of the kandy kush and some of the hash (which I am about to try). But I really wish I had seen that pre-98 Bubba! That's one of my favorite strains, but I did not see it there.

No this was from the other caregiver, a few spots down closer to the kandy kush guy/gal.

I just tried the kandy kush. Not sure if it was the humidity at the hall but mine is a tad moist. Wicked smell though when you break it up. I haven't put my finger on it yet, it seemed like something I've smelled while cooking, and it eludes me atm. The effects hit quick, but weren't over powering. Not so racy, feel a bit more in the eyes. Good medicine regardless ;D

As for the bubba, someone gave me that to try out, they weren't at a table. I just hope they try what I gave them in return. :D

i absolutely enjoyed this event.:goodjob:

meeting so many new people was a great time :rolleyes: and the venue was most impressive....

it was great meeting all you wonderful people...:D

it was a long drive but i can say for myself it was worthy of the trip. i enjoyed the company.

thanks Tarzan for the ride....i loved the company..:thumbsu:

No this was from the other caregiver, a few spots down closer to the kandy kush guy/gal.

I just tried the kandy kush. Not sure if it was the humidity at the hall but mine is a tad moist. Wicked smell though when you break it up. I haven't put my finger on it yet, it seemed like something I've smelled while cooking, and it eludes me atm. The effects hit quick, but weren't over powering. Not so racy, feel a bit more in the eyes. Good medicine regardless ;D

As for the bubba, someone gave me that to try out, they weren't at a table. I just hope they try what I gave them in return. :D

The person next to me was selling the Apollo11 and Chiesel. His name is Mxxx and his stuff was very nice, I grabbed little Apollo and his Grape strain.

Next time we have to meet up caffineforall, you were next to me, I was selling some edibles and tincture. I only had some Trainwreck on deck.

It was truly great to see the presence of the MMMA there, Tarzan, LHB, Mibrains, DigitalNomad, thank you for coming and showing your support.

Dam Tarzan, I just wanted a hug and you gave me a gift of your bubba kush, your generosity goes above and beyond sir. When I got home I told wife next time wrap up some 1/2 brownies. I want to give them away to all coming thru.

Lastly, I was giving a very nice Restricted sign for my grow room, and later found out Tarzan gave them away.

You sir are the true amdassador of good will for our community :bow:

All in all it was a success in my book, MOCC did a great job and I was happy to be apart of it :thumbsu:

I answered inside your post-

I was there! Missy's tincture spray samples were a doozy! :D

She is a great gal, you'll find her again.

After that, I was overwhelmed with the variety and available selection as I went from table to table. And the prices were extremely fair!

I was very pleased to see that some people were handing out contact cards as well. I can't wait to try the Dak(?)(Chemdog x AK47) I got from someone by the name of Reddog (this guy is famous! he has been in the news telling his testimony of his life, ex-mil too) and the Granny Panties from another vendor, I just wish I knew how to contact them for future reference! (MOCC! MOCC! or a MMMA rally)

The one security guard guy pictured wearing the sunglasses strongly recommended one vendor's bubblehash to me as I was looking at their table, and I'm glad i took his advice! By far the best hash I've had in a while. (You just smoked hash made by MDanzig - google the name)("Security guard guy" - that's DigitalNomad to you)

This was absolutely a fantastic event! Like I said, it was a bit overwhelming as I've never been to one of the farmer's markets before. I completely skipped over edibles and seeds just because I was trying to process all of the fantastic strains that were around. I highly look forward to the next market so I can stock up on those :)

Thanks to Caffeine for his generous donation of seeds.

You will have to come back, no farmer's market is exactly alike. You can find the same people sometimes, always you make new friends. The idea was to present a wide selection for patients and caregivers, but it is not expected that a person could humanly sample every med there. I know as busy as I was, I only met 50% of the people there.

Yes - the camaraderie is something special, something not found anywhere else. Patients and caregivers are a bit more relaxed (I know some of you come in scared, but after awhile you chill). People that are normally not social due to their illness or disability become social in the presence of their peers. No one is judging another.

Again, the only regret I have after these events was missing meeting more new people, short conversations where we could have talked all night long, abrupt movement as I have to work the event. I sometimes feel that I missed a connection or I should have sat a minute longer with someone. I do worry that people misjudge me based on my behavior while working.

Til Next Time.

DN

Nice job MOCC :thumbsu:. Enjoyed my time at the market. Was able to meet some of the mods, Tarzan, MIbrains, LongHairedBri, Digital Nomad. Tarzan blew me away lol. He has that flat top brush cut and he looks like LEO lol. He is so warm and friendly he took me by total surprise and gave me a big hug. He also had some special treats, bubba. Thank you so much for all you do gentleman. It was my pleasure to meet you all. MOCC you guys rock :thumbsu:

Without naming specific sellers, can anyone post what "reasonable" pricing is for various types of meds? (Or is that against forum policy?)

z

It IS against forum policies to discuss prices and amounts. I suppose I will allow this comment "the prices can be from $8 a gram to $45 a gram" "meds were decent to high THC/CBD strains, the $45 is an example of buds dipped in BHO and rolled in Keif."

Everyone else -

Do cut back on naming sellers, if they(the forum) were not there, they don't get to talk/read about certain things.

DN

Hey Caffeine - we met in the med tent just before I had to leave. We'll talk more later.

Good pics.

I felt like an donkey, my Wonder Haze was not available to share. I would have liked to hear people compare it.

Great weather also helped, it musta been 42 degrees.

If you like Apollo 11, find Sleestack+skunk ; )

DN

Nice job MOCC :thumbsu:. Enjoyed my time at the market. Was able to meet some of the mods, Tarzan, MIbrains, LongHairedBri, Digital Nomad. Tarzan blew me away lol. He has that flat top brush cut and he looks like LEO lol. He is so warm and friendly he took me by total surprise and gave me a big hug. He also had some special treats, bubba. Thank you so much for all you do gentleman. It was my pleasure to meet you all. MOCC you guys rock :thumbsu:

DrTarzan, yea I get the comment about the hair. What blew me away was I expected this hardass guy - but he does give out hugs that are pretty disarming...

Mibrains - it was hilarious to meet him, I guess avatars do no justice - he stands tall above all of us - I am the shortest guy in the group lol.

LHB - serious dude, but so clear. I got to spend more time talking to him..

Everyone else I met - We'll meet again, we talked about so many similar things, we agreed on so many points - now we need to put them into action. you know who you are.

Be real, Peace!

DN

Archived