All Bills Pass Committee

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what does CPU stand for??.....sounds like nothin that I do as far as mmj....this Tim beck fella has quite an ego ....I noticed it from the first time his head popped out...he doesn't represent me nor the medical patients I know.....I felt for a long time he was just after a ..."license to deal".....you can usually smell a skunk right away....they stink.....I sorta had a bad feeling about this guy the first few times I encountered him....I guess my gut was right....I'll be the guy at the protest with the sign that says: "CPU doesn't support me..."....the other side will read: " I DO NOT support CPU"....let patients grow their own...or whoever they designate....NOT who someone else DICTATES........I think this guy has big $$$ backers but I met him a few times and thought he was too vocal......or alterior motivated...and not for patients......what does CPU stand for??...the acronym??

Conning Patients United thought that by using deception and manipulation they would be able to get special considerations as far as growing, selling and obtaining extra patients and plants. They did this by trying to make the legislature think that they represented the patients wishes. They thought they had pulled a fast one, and had the legislature believing them. The legislature was not fooled, they recognized greed and profiteering when they saw it. Unfortunately now the lawmakers think we are all this deceitful and out to make money. So now we all suffer, instead of just those who started all this. I'm not saying people like Rick Jones and bill schuette are not also to blame, but if it were just them working against us, we would have come out much further ahead by now. We can still keep our rights, but now we have to work many times harder thanks to a few greedy Controling Patients Unlimited members.

what does CPU stand for??.....sounds like nothin that I do as far as mmj....this Tim beck fella has quite an ego ....I noticed it from the first time his head popped out...he doesn't represent me nor the medical patients I know.....I felt for a long time he was just after a ..."license to deal".....you can usually smell a skunk right away....they stink.....I sorta had a bad feeling about this guy the first few times I encountered him....I guess my gut was right....I'll be the guy at the protest with the sign that says: "CPU doesn't support me..."....the other side will read: " I DO NOT support CPU"....let patients grow their own...or whoever they designate....NOT who someone else DICTATES........I think this guy has big $$$ backers but I met him a few times and thought he was too vocal......or alterior motivated...and not for patients......what does CPU stand for??...the acronym??

Tim Beck I think was at the expo a few weeks ago on a discussion pannel with Jamie Lowell of MACC.

No one should have negotiating away your rights. Especially such a small group of mostly businesses. The peoples will has been sold off for pennies on the dollar. The village idiots cut a deal that will get much worse as it goes along. Without a deal, no legislation would have passed. There are so many people working against your interest in the background. I have been under attack for a while. It's funny that farmers markets were left out of the current legislation and they became such an issue, when I talked about expanding them. You know folks if we had just been dealing with the government, it would all be over. I have learned so much in the last week. There are those that you can trust and those that turn. I never got how that works. Thanks, Bb

:money: This is how it works with those scum. :money::money::money::money:

:sword::sick::thumbsd:

i can under stand how people feel but we should not call people and tell them they should be carful and scared at night am sorry but we should not be like them

I totally agree, things can get heated and lets stay above this kinda thing

Just never could understand way folks would want to make enemies and have to worry about looking over there shoulder non stop. Lord I'd be running for the hills if I screwed the entire state over so all the patients and caregivers lost there rights. Lord that would make ya loose sleep that's for sure..

Now they got us trying to fix the mess they started. Just amazing to me as it's all about the money period. Oh no we where doing back door deals so the patients had access to meds. Yeah whatever, only to a dispenc it seems as patients can't get RAPED at a farmers market.

All about the money,,,,, all about the money................

Very sad indeed..

Your rights to grow as a patient or caregiver have been RAPED.........

For what its worth, I finally got off my duff and wrote a letter to my state senator. I plan on writing my district's representative as well.

Senator Booher,

Thank you for your distinguished service in Michigan’s legislature, where you have obviously been working hard to champion good fiscal and natural resources policies. Your experience in finance and community leadership are exactly what Michigan needs to get us back on track for a more prosperous future.

As one of your constituents, I have concerns about the activities of our legislators and other government officials in response to the voter-approved initiative known as the "Medical Marijuana Act". The Michigan Public voted in 2008 to allow for the use of Cannabis for medicinal purposes with a doctor's recommendation. Despite the Act's passage by a 63% vote, it seems as if many lawmakers are trying to undermine the new law by drafting legislation that restricts access to the plant and continues to penalize law-abiding, tax-paying, voting citizens that need medicine.

You have spent nearly half a century working in the financial sector... Could you please explain to me why many of our elected officials are wasting taxpayer money on defying the will of the voters?

The Cannabis plant is one of the most useful and productive plants known to man. Our nation's failure to control its use by imprisoning users is only helping to bankrupt us both socially and monetarily. It is time to end our prohibitive stance and start discussing ways that we can fix our economy and educate our children: The things that matter.

I would ask you to please take the time to review the issues surrounding the Act and vote against any bills that would restrict a patient's safe access to medicine. For your reference, I have included some particular bills below that should be examined and struck down.

Thank you again for acting as our representative in legislature and supporting laws that empower our citizens to succeed.

SB 0377 of 2011

medical marihuana; registry information; make available to law enforcement officers upon issuance of a medical marihuana card. Amends sec. 6 of IL 1 of 2008 (MCL 333.26426).

SB 0504 of 2011

medical marihuana; dispensing medical marihuana within 1,000 feet of a church or school; prohibit. Amends sec. 4 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26424).

SB 0506 of 2011

medical marihuana; "bona fide physician-patient relationship" for purposes of medical marihuana law; clarify. Amends 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26421 - 333.26430) by adding sec. 3a.

SB 0977 of 2012

marihuana; use of medical marihuana for treatment of glaucoma; prohibit. Amends secs. 3 & 5 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26423 & 333.26425).

For what its worth, I finally got off my duff and wrote a letter to my state senator. I plan on writing my district's representative as well.

Senator Booher,

Thank you for your distinguished service in Michigan’s legislature, where you have obviously been working hard to champion good fiscal and natural resources policies. Your experience in finance and community leadership are exactly what Michigan needs to get us back on track for a more prosperous future.

As one of your constituents, I have concerns about the activities of our legislators and other government officials in response to the voter-approved initiative known as the "Medical Marijuana Act". The Michigan Public voted in 2008 to allow for the use of Cannabis for medicinal purposes with a doctor's recommendation. Despite the Act's passage by a 63% vote, it seems as if many lawmakers are trying to undermine the new law by drafting legislation that restricts access to the plant and continues to penalize law-abiding, tax-paying, voting citizens that need medicine.

You have spent nearly half a century working in the financial sector... Could you please explain to me why many of our elected officials are wasting taxpayer money on defying the will of the voters?

The Cannabis plant is one of the most useful and productive plants known to man. Our nation's failure to control its use by imprisoning users is only helping to bankrupt us both socially and monetarily. It is time to end our prohibitive stance and start discussing ways that we can fix our economy and educate our children: The things that matter.

I would ask you to please take the time to review the issues surrounding the Act and vote against any bills that would restrict a patient's safe access to medicine. For your reference, I have included some particular bills below that should be examined and struck down.

Thank you again for acting as our representative in legislature and supporting laws that empower our citizens to succeed.

SB 0377 of 2011

medical marihuana; registry information; make available to law enforcement officers upon issuance of a medical marihuana card. Amends sec. 6 of IL 1 of 2008 (MCL 333.26426).

SB 0504 of 2011

medical marihuana; dispensing medical marihuana within 1,000 feet of a church or school; prohibit. Amends sec. 4 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26424).

SB 0506 of 2011

medical marihuana; "bona fide physician-patient relationship" for purposes of medical marihuana law; clarify. Amends 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26421 - 333.26430) by adding sec. 3a.

SB 0977 of 2012

marihuana; use of medical marihuana for treatment of glaucoma; prohibit. Amends secs. 3 & 5 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26423 & 333.26425).

This is one of the best letters I have seen. :goodjob:

I liked the letter too . They do value individualized personal input way more then form letters but since many of us are disabled we may have to send whatever we can . If they don't receive meaningful input legislators will often go along with the committee's proposals especially concerning drug use , hoping they will obtain the same courtesy for bills they support .This is how our current drug laws became so overly punitive and non helpful for individuals who have medical situations at the level of medical use . People that do not suffer to where they need medical cannabis for relief or treatment see it as optional and something patients can do without . They are overwhelmed at how ingrained into law Prohibition is effecting access to jobs , insurance , medical care , housing etc and thus avoid taking positive steps not knowing where to start and with the end never in site to effect safe access .

That is why patients would benefit strongly from legalization of cannabis for all residents over 21 to wipe the slate clean of harmful overbearing punishments and move forward with a new chance to make policy in our beloved State that reflects current times and values of the majority . Otherwise conflict will always be rearing its head with patients persecuted by discriminatory action of those opposed to medical use in positions of authority . The Civil Rights Act of 1964 occurred nearly 100 years after the end of the Civil War after which The Civil Rights Act of 1875 was passed then denounced as non Constitutional . Change in attitudes take time patients do not have and whom often in disability depend on others for help with fair implementation and interpretation of the act since proposal 1 passed . History shows us it will take strong measures like legalization to balance the effect of prohibitionists in positions of authority not being willing to implement Proposal 1 in a practical manner that protects patients in all activities involving medical use under real world practical application ..

Legislators have to be reminded of false truths that their is no medical benefit to patients thus denying studies and over 5000 years of anecdotal evidence that patients are validating daily when given adjunctive access in our State . There are many examples and references like those involving skin cancer and severe non intractable chronic nueropathic pain .. It is sad that after 3 years of being legal medicinal cannabis in Michigan is still a not considered a necessary required component of care for those that depend on it and they are often denied other normal medical treatment regimens including adjunctive care because of program participation .Patients need broader protections not narrower interpretation and more difficult requirements to qualify or use cannabis as medicine away from home within the State .. It must be remembered also many daily tasks others take for granted are extremely difficult for patients physically and financially thus technicalities that result from disabillity , illness and injury should not result in triggering arrests and prosecutions .

I see a lot of talk on ppl canning there cards, and letters in green envelopes. It's not time to go underground it's best we tighten our ranks and get the word out. I kinda liked the green envelopes but in truth wouldn't be better in white. It wouldn't take long for them to figure what the green ones were and just start passing over them just like our e-mails. But any way we do it start now, no time to lose. I hope the e-mailomadic is up and running I will use it, hand write letters and call. I love to bug them. :sword: ..Pops

Elvy M. is planning on coming to Michigan to directly talk to the Senate if they allow, on SB 977. I spoke with her the other day. She is one of 4 federal medical marijuana patients that are still alive and she was the first woman.

You rock chica!! :thumbsu: Medcnman.

My link

Here is a link to another thread that highlights the federal cannabis users. At the time this was recorded, there were 7 people in the program. This video will make you laugh and tick you off at the same time. (its not my link. Its actually Wild Bills link) Thanks, Medcnman

Let's try not to make people afraid and pessimistic here. It is true they are coming for our right to grow, but we do still have our right to grow at the moment - no confusion on that - and it's not certain it will happen. It's important to put everything in proper perspective - "we will lose our right to grow UNLESS you do something about it" instead of "we will lose our right to grow" - otherwise people will be inclined to run for the hills and hide, instead of stand and fight. The veterans in the audience understand what happens when an army panics.

Archived