Koon Decision Killed Mmj For Now. Demand And Prices In Freefall

pic book

Currently you are assumed guilty of driving with a schedule one drug in your system if your blood tests positive for THC.

Zero effort is used to determine which form of THC is in your system. Lab testing does not prove which form of THC in in your blood.

Courts assume you are guilty.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am saying you will need a prescription before the incident to even have a chance of making this argument, and it has the possibility of backfiring in a big way because of the other cannabinoids in your blood when using the herb.

Recent changes make it so the marinol can be produced from plants.

The other cannabinoids are present in the generic form of marinol.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.

So I stole the Marinol .. charge me with theft.

http://dailycaller.c...legalizing-thc/

Yep .. a year old

A spokesperson from the DEA told The Daily Caller that the rescheduling of pills containing organic dronabinol is not equivalent to legalizing THC. “Please note that DEA is not ‘rescheduling … organic THC,’” wrote the DEA’s Rusty Payne in an e-mail.

“THC, natural or synthetic, remains a schedule I controlled substance. Under the proposed rule, in those instances in the future where FDA might approve a generic version of Marinol, that version of the drug will be in the same schedule as the brand name version of the drug, regardless of whether the THC used in the generic version was synthesized by man or derived from the cannabis plant.”

Oh .. I dunno .. how many links do you need?

http://www.dosenation.com/listing.php?id=8506

Despite the US government's staunch opposition to medical cannabis farms in Oakland and elsewhere, the feds have begun licensing a whole lot of large legal pot grows throughout the country. But this weed is not for cannabis dispensaries and their patients; it's for Big Pharma.

The Drug Enforcement Administration told Legalization Nation in an e-mail last week that 55 unnamed companies now hold licenses to grow cannabis in the United States, a fact that contradicts the widespread belief that there is only one legal pot farm in America, operated under the DEA for research purposes. It appears as if the upswing in federally approved pot farming is about feeding the need of pharmaceutical companies who want to produce a generic version of THC pill Marinol and at least one other cannabis-based pill for a wide variety of new uses.

In other words, if big corporations grow dope with the government and put it in a pill, it's medicine. But if you grow it at home or at a city-permitted pot farm and then put it in a vaporizer, it's a felony.

From 5/31/2011 one year ago today:

Despite the US government's staunch opposition to medical cannabis farms in Oakland and elsewhere, the feds have begun licensing a whole lot of large legal pot grows throughout the country. But this weed is not for cannabis dispensaries and their patients; it's for Big Pharma.

The Drug Enforcement Administration told Legalization Nation in an e-mail last week that 55 unnamed companies now hold licenses to grow cannabis in the United States, a fact that contradicts the widespread belief that there is only one legal pot farm in America, operated under the DEA for research purposes. It appears as if the upswing in federally approved pot farming is about feeding the need of pharmaceutical companies who want to produce a generic version of THC pill Marinol and at least one other cannabis-based pill for a wide variety of new uses.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/node/27324

So I stole the Marinol .. charge me with theft.

Theft... possession of controlled narcotics... perjury... lying to an officer... on top of whatever other charge you were already facing. But an interesting legal theory! Fact is Marinol is distinguishable from cannabis. Kind of reminds me of the morphine sulfate red herring you were rambling about before. Stop misleading people.

http://michiganmedic...__fromsearch__1

Go ahead and manufacture Marinol®®® and we can begin to learn about fraud as well.

Theft... possession of controlled narcotics... perjury... lying to an officer... on top of whatever other charge you were already facing. But an interesting legal theory! Fact is Marinol is distinguishable from cannabis. Kind of reminds me of the morphine sulfate red herring you were rambling about before.

I beg to differ.

The chemical THC is the chemical THC. Period.

Well .. I guess you are correct if you compare THC to herb. One is a chemical the other is a pl;ant.

Theft... possession of controlled narcotics... perjury... lying to an officer... on top of whatever other charge you were already facing. But an interesting legal theory! Fact is Marinol is distinguishable from cannabis. Kind of reminds me of the morphine sulfate red herring you were rambling about before. Stop misleading people.

Go ahead and manufacture Marinol®®® and we can begin to learn about fraud as well.

Lets start with this. I shouldn't have to make the claim.

If there is zero supporting evidence, you can't elevate it from schedule 3 to schedule 1 just to make your driving case.

This is what takes place every time right now.

They assume it is schedule one to make their case in court. This is assuming facts not yet introduced into evidence.

You can beg to differ..you are wrong.

Gosh, it's like you know what they do and how they do it but still give bad advice!

What makes the THC in Marinol schedule III? A prescription! That is the evidence needed.

Again .. THC is both schedule 1 and three.

In our system the government is required to prove a crime.

You are making the case that a person is presumed guilty if unable to prove innocense.

The defendant isn't supposed to prove ANYTHING if the PA doesn't prove them guilty.

Again .. THC is both schedule 1 and three.

Marijuana itself is schedule 1 and contains multiple cannabinoids, including THC. THC is the active ingredient of Marinol, a schedule 3. So they are not synonymous. And this is not semantic "call it what you will," they can be told apart by a lab. Testing to distinguish them would certainly be requested if you were to claim to have Marinol in your system.

In our system the government is required to prove a crime.

You are making the case that a person is presumed guilty if unable to prove innocense.

The defendant isn't supposed to prove ANYTHING if the PA doesn't prove them guilty.

As stated above, they could prove it. And not only would your felony conviction stick, but you'd be facing a slew of other charges as well. Again, you're offering a bad theory as fact. Be your own guinea pig if you want, but stop misleading this community.

Is there active thc in your system after taking marinol? If there is then the marinol prescription should help. If marinol is prescribed then it def. cannot be considered schedule 1. The prosecution should have to prove that you had a schedule 1 in your system not marinol.

Archived