Koon Decision Killed Mmj For Now. Demand And Prices In Freefall

pic book

Maybe it is only me, but the deafening silence of the phone and the total absence of patients calling, even to pick up their last-half-of-the-month freebies (freebies!) has me positing the reason is fear of driving/using. MMJ has been killed by Koon as decided by the SC last week. I fear I am in a dying business dipping down to the core of users pre-Act 2008. Anybody else with similar experience/thoughts/fears?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardon my missatement. COA Koon has brot fear among patients and the demand freefall continues among suburban patients older than 30, married with mobility, good jobs, and kids.

420Peace pic book,

Good Point...COA Koon makes things tuff right now in the Marijuana Culture War...

The Good News is 'We R Winning',

We have the Votes and the Marijuana Haters know IT!

Vote 2012 Like our MMJ life depends on it...

Because It Does!

Picbook,

I fit your description.

I am not afraid.

That being said, I Will Not be renewing my Target.

I mean card.

We are like fish in a barrel.

All the Patients that I have talked to are going back underground, Me too.

This program is backfiring on the patients who it is intended to help.

I guess I'll go back to being a self medicating stoner with no legal defense ( ha ha as if the card was or is a valid defense).

What a farce!!!

Picbook,

I fit your description.

I am not afraid.

That being said, I Will Not be renewing my Target.

I mean card.

We are like fish in a barrel.

All the Patients that I have talked to are going back underground, Me too.

This program is backfiring on the patients who it is intended to help.

I guess I'll go back to being a self medicating stoner with no legal defense ( ha ha as if the card was or is a valid defense).

What a farce!!!

i agree with that but i still think you should at least get your Recommendation wants the money stops (that we give the State) we could use some of it to get a lot of Lawyer and file a Law suit against the State and when the money stops they will listen to us for sure

Boy you put the nail on the head. I hate my name being in that database just waiting to be exposed to the cops, worse yet the Feds. I keep thinking about dropping out of being a caregiver and going back to just growing for myself. The patients are scared just like we are for good reason. It feels like no one is safe anymore. I have a feeling though even if you drop out of the program your name and info are not going to be erased out of the system.

I listened to the broadcast with the lawyer through the link that was posted here. The lawyer said something about there is a difference in the thc level that was ingested or smoked within the hours before your tested and the build up of long time use. That somehow, can not remember what it was, they can differentiate between the two and if you haven't smoke within a certain amount of time, lets say 12 hours, before your tested you are supposedly safe.

Maybe it is only me, but the deafening silence of the phone and the total absence of patients calling, even to pick up their last-half-of-the-month freebies (freebies!) has me positing the reason is fear of driving/using. MMJ has been killed by Koon as decided by the SC last week. I fear I am in a dying business dipping down to the core of users pre-Act 2008. Anybody else with similar experience/thoughts/fears?

it is not only you most people have a lot to lose like a job, house, car, and a family , we have already lost it all and i tell people all the time every day that a card won't help you in court they don't want to here it and most don't believe it

they always say their must be more to are story

and we are only the first their are many more story's like ares i get calls all the time from people asking me to help them but most people are over their plant count

they can't count to 12

Boy you put the nail on the head. I hate my name being in that database just waiting to be exposed to the cops, worse yet the Feds. I keep thinking about dropping out of being a caregiver and going back to just growing for myself. The patients are scared just like we are for good reason. It feels like no one is safe anymore. I have a feeling though even if you drop out of the program your name and info are not going to be erased out of the system.

I listened to the broadcast with the lawyer through the link that was posted here. The lawyer said something about there is a difference in the thc level that was ingested or smoked within the hours before your tested and the build up of long time use. That somehow, can not remember what it was, they can differentiate between the two and if you haven't smoke within a certain amount of time, lets say 12 hours, before your tested you are supposedly safe.

I think your getting this court case confused with HB4834. This case as nothing to do with a database.

Boy you put the nail on the head. I hate my name being in that database just waiting to be exposed to the cops, worse yet the Feds. I keep thinking about dropping out of being a caregiver and going back to just growing for myself. The patients are scared just like we are for good reason. It feels like no one is safe anymore. I have a feeling though even if you drop out of the program your name and info are not going to be erased out of the system. I listened to the broadcast with the lawyer through the link that was posted here. The lawyer said something about there is a difference in the thc level that was ingested or smoked within the hours before your tested and the build up of long time use. That somehow, can not remember what it was, they can differentiate between the two and if you haven't smoke within a certain amount of time, lets say 12 hours, before your tested you are supposedly safe.
maybe you are but it's going to cost you money for a Lawyer they can't do every case for free am sure some wish they could

Here is my understanding of it.

It is legal to drive with THC metabolite in your blood.

It is (and always has been) illegal to drive with active THC in your blood. Even if you don't feel under the influence, you could still have active THC in your blood.

THC stays active, depending on metabolism and method of ingestion, for hours or even days.

Remember, if you have to drive when active THC is likely still in your blood, don't "ride dirty", drive straight and legal, and don't present your MMJ card to police unless it's absolutely necessary.

Yeah, nothing is really changed, there's just a court decision now. Implementation of the law will still be what it was. Best case, don't have your MMJ ID card in your wallet or purse where it's readily visible. Hide it in the back, upside down, face in.

It is (and always has been) illegal to drive with active THC in your blood. Even if you don't feel under the influence, you could still have active THC in your blood.

THC stays active, depending on metabolism and method of ingestion, for hours or even days.

Remember, if you have to drive when active THC is likely still in your blood, don't "ride dirty", drive straight and legal, and don't present your MMJ card to police unless it's absolutely necessary.

all leo has to do is pull behind you and run your plate to see if you have a card sorry to repost this but what about this part?

Probably meaning that they do it but they can't use it in court. They use it to find other things that they would use to get the warrant, then omit that they ever used it. The only answer is always being ready for inspection. The house of cards stands on 'hard cards and plant count'. If you can pass that test you are golden. If not, you are hiding behind a piece of clear glass.

Good point on the ruling quashing MMJ enthusiasm.

Seems that the COA ruling is not something any pro-MMJ groups want, especially the 'big money' Cali-Colo-Canadian players would want to see.

Its a thin line between slaving patients to dispensaries and just plain making patients slaves and criminals.

The only one this ruling benifits is Pharma Cos looking to release non-schedule 1 cannibis based medicines.

Hmmmm, follow the dollars and they go back to Dow and its partners who promote better living through chemistry not agriculture....

The Koon decision combined with HB4834 and the recently passed law about lying to LEO could make a triple header for LEO.

Example: After they pass 4834, you are pulled over, cop runs your plate and DL, at the same time he profiles you as a stoner and runs your name and addy from your DL thru the LARA database. Asks you if you when you last medicated. You tell him you do not do mmj. He busts you for lying, orders a blood tests and adds DUI, then raids your home since you are no longer protected by the Act.

Anyway, something to look forward to.

That's it, thank you I could not think of the word.

I think your getting this court case confused with HB4834. This case as nothing to do with a database.

I was just giving a general over view of how these things are causing patients and caregivers alike to be frightened. It was mixed deuce of a lot of things. :yahoo-wave: