Koon Decision Killed Mmj For Now. Demand And Prices In Freefall

pic book

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God you guys just love to go round and round.

Here are a couple of thoughts on it to try and settle it.

1. It is MARINOL, if you are going to discuss it, spell it right.

2. Marinol is an FDA approved prescription medication. It is schedule 3 and approved for nausea and wasting. It is monitored by the DEA. The courts take in to account the difference between a prescribed medication and a recommended medication. Stupid, I know, but the way it is. Doubt it, go to a parole hearing.

3. The idea of using marinol to mask MMJ in light of the Koon decision is absurd. Further discussion down those lines PB clouds the issue and you are not qualified to split frog hairs to try and justify it further.

4. The concern being expressed is that poor advice from folks that don't have the credentials to give it confuses and endangers those that don't know the difference between good and bad advice.

5. I got 154 on the LSAT while suffering from a concussion and short term memory loss (took it Sept 2007 on a dare). How was your score? I think that qualifies me to understand the laws regulating my own profession.

This all reminds me of a drawn out discussion on another rather absurd point. Yes the law doesn't mention locks, it says secured. You can argue the point about locks being needed or not, or you can UNDERSTAND that if it is locked, it is clearly secured, and you are safe. I think this board should concentrate on what is safe, not how folks can slide by or try and justify playing it loose and easy because that is what THEY want to do.

Now really, the point was brought up. It was shot down for very good reasons by very qualified people. I had an idea once to help the distribution system. I brought it up, it was shot down, I withdrew it realizing it was being shot down for good reason by well qualified people. I still have my manhood, my ideas are still considered valuable, and my kids still love me. Take a lesson from that PB.

Dr. Bob

1. It is MARINOL, if you are going to discuss it, spell it right.

I have to say, I almost said something about that. It baffles me that most everyone spells it correctly in this thread yet some see it spelled that way but consistently spell it incorrectly. They are reading the thread and you would think they would pick up on that. Especially if they have a script for it... It's just odd is all I'm saying

Now really, the point was brought up. It was shot down for very good reasons by very qualified people. I had an idea once to help the distribution system. I brought it up, it was shot down, I withdrew it realizing it was being shot down for good reason by well qualified people. I still have my manhood, my ideas are still considered valuable, and my kids still love me. Take a lesson from that PB.

Dr. Bob

I don't know anything about your distribution idea because I was likely banned at the time but I appreciate your humility. I have to say pb you have an awful habit of sulking and then skulking away. Be a man and admit when you're wrong.

1. What I discovered when I went to fill the prescription, is that they special order the drug in. Most of the time. Takes a couple of days.

2. Many generic producers are now available. At much cheaper then the brand name. This would fit if the plant sourced material was being used.

I intend to have a couple of them analyzed to see if any trace amounts of any other cannabinoids are present. If there are, it would indicate that plant based material is being used. That would have me at 100% accurate in this thread.

1. What I discovered when I went to fill the prescription, is that they special order the drug in. Most of the time. Takes a couple of days.

2. Many generic producers are now available. At much cheaper then the brand name. This would fit if the plant sourced material was being used.

I intend to have a couple of them analyzed to see if any trace amounts of any other cannabinoids are present. If there are, it would indicate that plant based material is being used. That would have me at 100% accurate in this thread.

mine say's Dronabinol 1-2 times a day as needed for pain

Not giving legal advice. The point is that I understand the rules of medicine, both professionally and legally. This is an exceedingly bad idea and poor advice. Physician and patients would be questioned and have serious issues if they follow it.

Let's simply put it another way. If someone came on here and recommended drinking anti freeze to mask a urine test for THC, there are those that would debate the benifit of doing so. After all, with all the blood and necrotic renal tubular cells in the urine, I bet that might interfere with the test.

But if someone did, I would come on, as a doctor, and tell people in no uncertain terms not to do it. The mods, I would expect, would close the discussion as dangerous to patients.

This is not something I really want to continue to discuss. So I am signing out of the debate.

Dr. Bob

When you see the word Marinol, you see a con job.

Try to change your mind.

Not every single person consuming Marinol is a criminal.

So please don't use you high LSAT score urge FEDERAL law abiding citizens into a jail cell.

Marinol is not very effective, that is why it isn't used much, and it is indicated for nausea and wasting. The second sentence makes no sense whatsoever. Urge Federal law abiding citizens into a jail cell? They are obeying federal law because they have a prescription for a controlled substance?

I have a skin rash, can I treat that with vicodin? I guess I could find a doctor to write it for enough money, but how would the DEA treat a doc writing vicodin for skin rashes on a large scale as you suggest?

I promised myself I wouldn't engage in this discussion any more. I need to keep that promise but I swear some things just need a response. Stay in your own field, and out of medical practice.

Dr. Bob

Lets end the debate! Why don't we call and get an opinion straight from the horse's mouth.

I'm sure she'll straighten out any misconceptions about what will be allowed and what won't.

(For the children!)

jessica_cooper_sm.jpg

General Information:

248-858-0656

West Wing - Building 14E

1200 North Telegraph Road

Pontiac, Michigan, USA 48341-0461Office Hours:

Monday through Friday

8:30 am - 5:00 pm

Email: info@oaklandprosecutor.org

p.s. I think falling prices are a great thing! I hope they drop to the "compensated for expenses" level. :D

Edited by Wild Bill

Not giving legal advice. The point is that I understand the rules of medicine, both professionally and legally. This is an exceedingly bad idea and poor advice. Physician and patients would be questioned and have serious issues if they follow it.

Let's simply put it another way. If someone came on here and recommended drinking anti freeze to mask a urine test for THC, there are those that would debate the benifit of doing so. After all, with all the blood and necrotic renal tubular cells in the urine, I bet that might interfere with the test.

But if someone did, I would come on, as a doctor, and tell people in no uncertain terms not to do it. The mods, I would expect, would close the discussion as dangerous to patients.

This is not something I really want to continue to discuss. So I am signing out of the debate.

Dr. Bob

I agree very poor advice as MANY of us have tried to point out..and yes dangerous to patients.

When you see the word Marinol, you see a con job.

Try to change your mind.

Not every single person consuming Marinol is a criminal.

So please don't use you high LSAT score urge FEDERAL law abiding citizens into a jail cell.

Another absolutely ABSURD post..

Lets end the debate! Why don't we call and get an opinion straight from the horse's mouth.

I'm sure she'll straighten out any misconceptions about what will be allowed and what won't.

(For the children!)

jessica_cooper_sm.jpg

General Information:

248-858-0656

West Wing - Building 14E

1200 North Telegraph Road

Pontiac, Michigan, USA 48341-0461Office Hours:

Monday through Friday

8:30 am - 5:00 pm

Email: info@oaklandprosecutor.org

p.s. I think falling prices are a great thing! I hope they drop to the "compensated for expenses" level. :D

Oddly enough, I find that interesting. .. Tempting.

If she is the most anti ..

Better yet, I think I might ask Bill Schuette.

edit .. second thought .. not.

Edited by peanutbutter

i want to apologize to our community if my personal statements are taken out of context...please folks, don't take my advice as anything but what "works for me."

i know a lot of new people read these threads and i just want to express that every precaution should be taken if you are going to use medical grade cannabis to alleviate your symptoms.

i feel very passionate about my beliefs in the palliative healing benefits of cannabis, and i want to express that anyone who uses cannabis or its synthetic derivatives should use the utmost caution.

PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE WHEN YOUR JUDGEMENT IS IMPAIRED

be that by anything including but not limited to cannabis or its extracts...don't text, read, put on makeup reach for food, anything that takes your concentration off the road is bad....as a former medical first responder, and truck driver i have seen and assisted in far to many fatal accidents on our nations highways to even talk about...

that being said i pray you all stay safe, have a great evening and god bless.