Compassion Club List From 11/09 How Many Are Left Today?

Selling medicine at meeting puts the seller at risk. If the patient is there when the seller is arrested and is caught up in the raid, where's the compassion in that? Would you rather just give out information, or do something that could land you, your club affliated seller and the patient in the police station for questioning and possible arrest?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is, there is not many because all your giving them is info. You provide them no compassion if they are sick or have a sick patient that is in need of medical marijuana.

Just call em MMMA informatin centers.

Just call yours a dispensary. You don't follow the guidelines set forth by the founders. If it doesn't fit then call it something else.

Selling medicine at meeting puts the seller at risk. If the patient is there when the seller is arrested and is caught up in the raid, where's the compassion in that? Would you rather just give out information, or do something that could land you, your club affliated seller and the patient in the police station for questioning and possible arrest?

Well no since beating down a dead horse with regards who safe or not. Or which club is right . You seemed to highjacked my post Celliach that started us down that path with your second comment. I really only attended this for us to try and find clubs that were still operating since 2009 or new clubs that could be added to the list. I was wrong for posting and wouldn't have any problems with you all removing this post. This was not intended for who's doing what right. I'm sorry if anyone was offended by this post and I ment no harm.

This was no way of dividing anyone as I want unity just as bad as the next guy but not going to give up my beliefs in what I believe to be very compassionate. And to say the word dispensary with what we do is very wrong. We only provide safe networking. MOCC does not proved meds or plants to anyone. But we do provide a safe networked web for patients and caregivers alike.

MOCC does not provide medical marijuana or plants at any meetings . I'll say it again MOCC does not provide medical marijuana or plants at any meetings ever. Do we provide a safe place outside the PUBLIC EYE for medical marijuana carded caregivers and patient to meet YES we do.

Hmm, interesting.

MOCC seems to operate as a dispensary/ pseudo dispensary/ farmers market and is nowhere near what a compassion club was meant to be.

Technically, MOCC is not a legal Non Profit because they promote, support and/or facillitate illegal activities.

There was never ever any intent to have any possession or transfers at a compassion club ever or under the auspices of said club. Those that decided to start selling cannabis at their clubs outside of the registry card system did so of their own volition and to the detriment of compassion clubs.

And yes, You filed as a "state" non profit and i fully assume you mentioned nothing about transferring meds at your club or at an event put on by your club in your filing papers? I am guessing you filed as strictly a Educational patient support group? Of course, it is impossible for you to be a Federal non profit because of your activities and promotions.

And what the heck are you guys doing about meds? Do you not setup your patients with caregivers at your club? Every single patient that walks through our doors who is looking for a caregiver simply chooses from the large variety of caregivers we have. They then signup together as always? Why the hell would anyone ever need to go to the street to get their meds then? Sounds like you failed one of the most important tenents of being a compassion club, facillitating a place for patients and caregivers to come together and connect throiugh the departments registration process.

Plus i never realized having an educational patient support group was considered a waste of time by so many. What a pity.

Anyhow, i have all the original papers to be a compassion club, what they are etc. I have all filings to the state of all compassion clubs that existed.

People need to admit what they are doing is not a "compassion club" if there is medicine there. Period. It simply isnt and it ruined the compassion club name and mantra for the rest of us when people decided to start having "private meetings" under their compassion club name. Most became psuedo dispensaries.

It is what it is.

I will post the original information later.

Edited by Malamute

And to say the word dispensary with what we do is very wrong.

Correct.

The MOCC is a fantastic organization, and a true compassion club, period. Every time I go I bring a couple of boxes of things for their foodbanks, clothing drives, or whatever. They are here to help. Is that not good enough?

The farmers market they have set up is SEPARATE from the venue they hold their meetings at, and at separate dates.

I don't see how anyone could view this organization as bad. In fact at many meetings while playing bingo, the person calling the numbers would say "I sure wish that law enforcement was here right now, so that they can see us normal people, sitting here, playing bingo, not harming a soul."

See now you are just splitting hairs. What I think you guys have a problem with is the farmers market model, which is fantastic BTW. If you want to cast stones at good people that are only there to help. You may just be the type of people that it is futile to argue with. I know my opinion of them will be unchanged, and I am sure your will be as well.

Thanks Darkmatter. I should of just started a thread of who's right and who's right. I find it ironic that Mal tells us that they grab patients right up in their meetings and assign them caregivers. Where did their original caregiver get started at???? somebody broke the rules and started without following the guidlines. Was it you. That's why you call yourself compassionate?

Again I repeat no where in the law does it tell you how to acquire medicine or seeds. Somebody eventually has to go into the alley to be the compassionate one for all! Is it you?

Ah, but the discussion has taken a turn in a different direction now.

I don't recall anyone saying anything negative about the MOCC. I myself was just clarifying things about what the rules said about an MMMA compassion club.

And this treating dispensaries like they are a dirty word, and farmers markets are something totally different, isn't correct either. They are both doing the same thing, selling to patients they are not connected to through the registry, which has been placed squarely illegal by the courts.

What we all would like is to know is what a compassion club is if we would like to attend. It would be good to know that anything called a compassion club doesn't include people transfering outside the law at the meeting.

The people that seem to be futile to argue with are the ones selling illegally at these markets/dispensaries. They are darn dogged determined to keep their cash cow alive.

Edited by Restorium2

No, actually I think the farmer's market is an awesome idea. The DCCC would even run one, if they were completely, irrevocably legal within the laws of the state of Michigan, which they are not.

Agreed. They are not legal within the law, so why would anyone promote this at all in this legal environment?

Maybe I am just being thinned skinned today but this thread is very upsetting to me! I am on the board of directors of the MOCC and have been pretty much from the second meeting on.

QUOTED from earlier

Just call yours a dispensary. You don't follow the guidelines set forth by the founders. If it doesn't fit then call it something else.

Not that 2s wrong make a right but the "founders" did not hold up their end of the bargain. Jack explained that very well.

Yes, we do host farmers markets at times. The MOCC does not profit from the markets. What "profits" made after paying expenses such as rent/coffee/ etc all go back into the club to order club t shirts, educational materials, renting buses to take patients to rallys, etc.

Yes, we do host private socials from time to time as well. The club usually provides food or we do some pot lucks. We play bingo and have raffles. We provide a comfortable and safe place for our members to get out of the house for a while. A lot of patients don't/can't get out much. These socials are usually free or very low cost for members.

At every single public meeting, which there are NO meds allowed, we always make sure patients looking for caregivers are given the chance to interview as many caregivers as they like.

We do not profit from any of this. We are definitely not a dispensary. You can bicker that since we strayed from the original document that we aren't a compassion club all you want but we have been in this for the long haul and have an outstanding record.

Thanks Darkmatter. I should of just started a thread of who's right and who's right. I find it ironic that Mal tells us that they grab patients right up in their meetings and assign them caregivers. Where did their original caregiver get started at???? somebody broke the rules and started without following the guidlines. Was it you. That's why you call yourself compassionate?

Again I repeat no where in the law does it tell you how to acquire medicine or seeds. Somebody eventually has to go into the alley to be the compassionate one for all! Is it you?

We assign noone. We provide a place where patients and caregivers can come together. A patient can meet a dozen+ caregivers at any given meeting and interview them and anything else they wish to do that helps them decide what caregiver they want, if that is what they are looking for.

The law specifically states how to acquire medicine. Either grow it yourself, or have a caregiver grow it for you, or grow it yourself and have a caregiver supply you int he meantime.

A caregiver can transfer seeds to their patients.

Somebody eventually has to go into the alley to be the compassionate one for all!

Probably, but it shouldn't openly be the CC. If two people meet each at the CC meeting and arrange a private meeting with themselves at a different location and different time, that's something entirely different.

You are quoting things without context.

The dispensary name suggestion came AFTER Jack suggested clubs that DO NOT transfer at meetings change THEIR name to something other than compassion clubs.

And Jack did insinuate first that Greg and Brad wanted transfers at the original clubs. That's the way I read it and that's why I commented when I did.

Yes, I can see how you can get upset when you think about some of those comments OUT OF CONTEXT.

Yes, we do host farmers markets at times. The MOCC does not profit from the markets.

If someone robs a bunch of material and then loses that material, they are still guilty of a crime even though they didn't profit off of it. Hosting the farmer's market is most probably illegal whether you make money or not.

We are definitely not a dispensary.

If you are hosting a farmers market, according to the state law, you probably are a dispensary. A rose is still a rose by any other name.

Well goodness gracious great balls of fire!! i do believe our first mission is to educate the public and that is what we do at MOCC every month.

Zap, please delete this post, again I was not trying to offend anyone or their clubs. I may have done so and apologize these were not my intentions for the day. I know a lot of you work as hard as I do and some probably more but were not accomplishing anything with this post now.

I really really thought it was a non confrontational post to be. Maybe we all can agree that we need better protection and not more rules from our legislator. So please which ever kind of club or group you belong to, keep calling or writing them and let them know your beliefs.

peace out! I'm outta here like a hippy without a roach.

Actually I think this is a great conversation to be having especially because we are trying to revive the CC network. We need to decide what kind of behavior is completely legal and allowable at any and all CC meetings.

Everyone has been completely civil so far. I say we keep the thread going and try to resolve the problem by debating it.

Actually I think this is a great conversation to be having especially because we are trying to revive the CC network. We need to decide what kind of behavior is completely legal and allowable at any and all CC meetings.

Everyone has been completely civil so far. I say we keep the thread going and try to resolve the problem by debating it.

No actually you pretty much bunny muffin on this thread. Thanks. Jack was trying to do something POSITIVE for the community and a couple of guys had to whip their dicks out and ruin it for everyone. :growl:

Actually nobody is doing anything bad. We are trying to do everything the legal way now at the 3MA. We are also trying to restart the CC network. If you don't agree that we should follow the model as it was originally written up, please explain why and how we can legally implement your model. There's no reason to get nasty and uncivil. By doing so, you will automatically lose the argument just by appearing inflexible and unwilling to discuss a grave matter that impacts the entire community.

The 3MA does want to know what CCs are still operating, and it NEEDS to know how many of those CCs are still operating by NOT promoting sales so that we can see if those clubs would like to come back into the 3MA network. We are not willing to have you come back into the network if you are going to sponsor meetings where medicine is sold, whether it's a farmer's market or other model. That's just the way it is.

The 3MA, as a non-profit corparate entity, cannot condone ANY sales outside of the current legal model of one CG connected to five patients through the MDCH/LARA registry, as that is the only model irrevocably legal within the MMMA. We are only following the letter of the law, and will continue to do so.