Compassion Club List From 11/09 How Many Are Left Today?

It appears to me that you are the one being inflexible. We were one of the very first clubs to start up and one of only couple still going strong after three years. We came into this under the guise of help from the MMMA, which we NEVER got. Now, three years later, its your way or the highway.

Your words

The 3MA does want to know what CCs are still operating, and it NEEDS to know how many of those CCs are still operating by NOT promoting sales so that we can see if those clubs would like to come back into the 3MA network. We are not willing to have you come back into the network if you are going to sponsor meetings where medicine is sold, whether it's a farmer's market or other model. That's just the way it is.

After three years and all the MOCC has done, we are no longer welcome at the MMMA and you claim not to be dividing the community?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are quoting things without context.

The dispensary name suggestion came AFTER Jack suggested clubs that DO NOT transfer at meetings change THEIR name to something other than compassion clubs.

And Jack did insinuate first that Greg and Brad wanted transfers at the original clubs. That's the way I read it and that's why I commented when I did.

Yes, I can see how you can get upset when you think about some of those comments OUT OF CONTEXT.

Thanks, I was quote out of context there. With an incomplete sentence even.

Agreed. They are not legal within the law, so why would anyone promote this at all in this legal environment?

Nothing about medical marijuana is legal right now. Nothing. No cop, or judge that I have heard of has any respect for card holders. I heard of a judge up north telling a guy " I am so tired of this medical marijuana excuse." Even if we follow every letter of the law. If we encounter the legal system we are Effed. No matter who you are. Farmers Market, Dispensary, or Compassion Club.

This thread has become upsetting. I agree. Why? Because everyone thinks that THEIR interpretration of the law is correct. The fact is: our law is seen as a joke. Every time you help a patient you are risking everything, and that is all I have ever seen at the MOCC. Patients helping patients. For this they are to eat a crap sandwich? It;s just not right.

...and no I am not a vendor at their farmers markets and never have been yet. Just a loyal member.

Edited by Darkmatter

Thanks, I was quote out of context there. With an incomplete sentence even.

Nothing about medical marijuana is legal right now. Nothing. No cop, or judge that I have heard of has any respect for card holders. I heard of a judge up north telling a guy " I am so tired of this medical marijuana excuse." Even if we follow every letter of the law. If we encounter the legal system we are Effed. No matter who you are. Farmers Market, Dispensary, or Compassion Club.

This thread has become upsetting. I agree. Why? Because everyone thinks that THEIR interpretration of the law is correct. The fact is: our law is seen as a joke. Every time you help a patient you are risking everything, and that is all I have ever seen at the MOCC. Patients helping patients. For this they are to eat a crap sandwich? It;s just not right.

...and no I am not a vendor at their farmers markets and never have been yet. Just a loyal member.

I couldn't agree more

I also understand the need for a CC leaders convo (Skype?) in private

The BACC (Brighton Area Compassion Club) started out using the MMMA guidelines and continues to do so today. They have always tried to keep genetics out of the meetings, our goal was to enable caregivers and patients to have a safe place to meet one another, what they did out side of the meetings was their business. The club still meets monthly (but it is taking the summer off because the Brighton Library is closed on Sundays during the summer, which is their regular meeting day) and the next meeting will be in September. Part of the guidelines to be a CC under the affiliation of the MMMA was that no genetics would be allowed at meetings. The BACC is recognized by the State of Mich. as a non-profit 501C. ...j.b.

The BACC (Brighton Area Compassion Club) started out using the MMMA guidelines and continues to do so today. They have always tried to keep genetics out of the meetings, our goal was to enable caregivers and patients to have a safe place to meet one another, what they did out side of the meetings was their business. The club still meets monthly (but it is taking the summer off because the Brighton Library is closed on Sundays during the summer, which is their regular meeting day) and the next meeting will be in September. Part of the guidelines to be a CC under the affiliation of the MMMA was that no genetics would be allowed at meetings. The BACC is recognized by the State of Mich. as a non-profit 501C. ...j.b.

that is what i liked so much about your club and i no how hard you had to work to keep you club per/ MMMA( guidelines) when the other clubs were losing members because (no Meds) and you were very worried for your members and tried to keep them safe and did a great job at it

Thank you

In the beginning, we followed all the rules. Meet in libraries until the libraries in our area closed. Meet in a Church. Meet in a senior center. Meet in community centers. Meet in restaurant banquet halls. We were holding 2-4 public meeting each and every month the first year, all the while waiting for the help and materials we were promised and never ever received.

All these meetings were public and no medicine, genetics or anything else against your set rules was present. Our club grew and thrived. Our members wanted more. They wanted a place to come hang out and socialize as many of them don't get out often. We started having PRIVATE socials and PRIVATE Farmers Market. We have always made a very clear distinction between the two.

We have a free Christmas dinner each year for our members. We run a very large food pantry and also make clothing and other necessities available. The club does not profit. No one gets paid. Everything is put back into the club and owned by the members.

I'm not saying I am right or wrong as to how our club followed YOUR guidelines but if you feel our club is a DETERMENT TO THE COMPASSION CLUB NAME as was previously stated in this thread.............I should not have to defend our clubs good name or reputation. We have thrived for the last 3 years and will continue to do so, with or without your approval.

We are used to discrimination just because of the medicine we choose, never thought we would be subjected to that by our own community.

This is a link to a map of compassion clubs I've put together. It is missing a few, but if yours is a regular compassion club set up for education and support, not a dispensary, put your information here and I'll add you to the map.

Dr. Bob

http://batchgeo.com/...444b549384a06cc

Edited by Dr. Bob

• 4 weeks later...

I found this old compassion club list I had from 11/09 and was wondering how many of these clubs are still operating? Sure were a lot of them back in the day. It will be interesting to find out how many are left today.

I belong to the MOCC and were still thriving. We hold public meetings once a month and social events throughout the year. Our info is here check us out if you don't know us and you are in the area of Macomb/Oakland counties. http://www.macomboaklandcc.com/mocc/

If you know a club on this list that is either still running or has closed let us know. Would like to make a new list of active clubs.

If there is club that is not on the list make sure we know that to.

Thanks again!

Compassion Club Directory

Alcona/Northeast Michigan Compassion Club

outdoorone@hotmail.com

Ann Arbor Area Compassion Club

info@a2m2pc.org

http://a2m2pc.org/

Bay City/Saginaw Compassion Club

Restorium@aol.com or visit our website,

saginawcompassionclub.com

Benzie County Compassion Club

Wildsidefarm@aol.com

or visit benziecountycc.webs.com

Berrien County Compassion Club

http://berriencocomp...nclub.ning.com/

Or contact kruztydj@yahoo.com

Brighton Area Compassion Club

mokie48116@yahoo.com or

at brightoncompassion.ning.com

Calhoun County Compassion Club

jcain1369@yahoo.com

http://cccclub.ning.com/

Dickinson County Compassion

http://dickinsoncoun...ssion.ning.com/

dickinsoncountycompassion@gmail.com

Northern Michigan Compassion Club

Cheyboygan County

eastwind96@gmail.com

Downriver Area Compassion Club

info@downrivercompassion.org

Gaylord County Compassion Club

jimibigbud@gmail.com

Genesee County Compassion Club

GeneseeCountyCompassionClub@live.com or at http://www.genesee3c.org/

Grand Rapids Area Compassion Club

Highland Area Compassion Club

fuznuts@gmail.com

Greater Detroit Area Compassion Clubs

·
Birmingham
Compassion Club

and on our website

·
The Spirit of
Detroit
Compassion Club

·
Metro
Detroit
Medical Marihuana
Association Compassion Club

Webpage:

·
Midtown
Detroit
Compassion Club

313-483-1400 or at

·
West Bloomfield
Area Compassion Club

Jackson Area Compassion Club

grand323@gmail.com

Kalamazoo Area Compassion Club

aaronncas@yahoo.com or visit KalamazooCompassionClub.ning.com

Keego Harbor / Commerce Township Compassion Club

pdabish@gmail.com

The Lakeshore Compassion Club

gregorylee.adams@gmail.com

Lansing Eastside Compassion Club

Lapeer County Compassion Club

lapeercountycc@gmail.com

Lenawee County Compassion Club

Webpage: lenaweecares.org Contact: jim@lenaweecares.org

Livonia Area Compassion Club

vandenbrookronald@yahoo.com

Macomb Oakland Compassion Club

INFO@THC4U.COM

River Valley 4MA Compassion Club

River Valley 4MA on Ning

or contact

rivervalley4ma@gmail.com

Monroe County Compassion Club

mimedmi@gmail.com

Please visit our local site at:

MonroeCompassionClub.ning.com/

Montrose Compassion Club

scottp209@yahoo.com

Mt. Pleasant Compassion Club

mcqueen_brandon@hotmail.com

Novi Area Compassion Club

vandenbrookronald@yahoo.com

Holland Compassion Club

ottawacc@live.com

OttawaCC.org

Plymouth Compassion Club

plymouthcompassionclub@live.com

St. Clair County Compassion Club

eric_cherry19772002@yahoo.com

Traverse City Compassion Club

tccc@mail.com

Tri-City Compassion Club

switalagreg@gmail.com

Van Buren County Compassion Club

Please contact Frostee at ynotutoo39@yahoo.com or reno524@yahoo.com

Wayne Westland Compassion Club

waynewestlandcc@gmail.com

clare is still around.. http://clarecountycc.ning.com/events/clare-county-compassion-club-meeting

There are no compassion clubs in the Grand Rapids area...also...MMM attorneys are now recommending that any business wanting to work in the MM field should not incorporate as a not for profit, as the state is actively looking for MM associated applications and rejecting them all. Kind of a sticky catch-22.

• 9 years later...