Attorneys: Medical Marijuana Registrants Face 'selective Prosecution' By Federal Government

My home was raided, not because I was illegal, not because I don't keep things quiet. A relative, who in my eyes is no longer part of my family, wanted to buy from me and I refused to do so because that person is not legal, does not use MM for that purpose but to get high, and called in to silent observer. One of the people in my home was arrested. Now some may say don't tell anyone but when you have family or friends who visit your home at times there might be a smell and if they know about mj they are going to know you grow rather you have told them or not. Crap happens and this is one time it happened knee deep. There was no fault on this side of the fence but I lost all my grow equipment and my friend went to jail.

Edited by restlesslegs

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mouth_Shut.jpg

Well that is cute. .and true to some extent.. BUT.. What about the low information patient who needs a compassion club to help them thru the journey.. (sounds goofy but there are many of those, trust me) If we are providing that service in our small town.. How would we also be able to be completely under the radar?

My home was raided, not because I was illegal, not because I don't keep things quiet. A relative, who in my eyes is no longer part of my family, wanted to buy from me and I refused to do so because that person is not legal, does not use MM for that purpose but to get high, and called in to silent observer. One of the people in my home was arrested. Now some may say don't tell anyone but when you have family or friends who visit your home at times there might be a smell and if they know about mj they are going to know you grow rather you have told them or not. Crap happens and this is one time it happened knee deep. There was no fault on this side of the fence but I lost all my grow equipment and my friend went to jail.

Very sorry to hear that sir.. See.. there are many different ways these things can go down.. and i prefer to give the benifit of the doubt to my fellow Pts and Cgs..

And you are being obtuse. So how do they know 'somebody' grows? That somebody told people they grew. Yes, we all know people that grow. Does that mean you somehow disagree with my recommendation to keep it quiet? Or that only growers and their patients should know about a grow? Or are you just trying to speak out against me because you don't agree with things? You know, stir up controversy when no controversy exists?

Dr. Bob

I absolutely do not agree with your stance that if someone is raided that they brought it on themselves.. Thru loose lips or whatever..

Very sorry to hear that sir.. See.. there are many different ways these things can go down.. and i prefer to give the benifit of the doubt to my fellow Pts and Cgs..

LOL Annie I am a female. :) Yes I feel the same way. It all boils down to the Golden Rule, I fail to use it all the time and when I do not it feels ugly.

Well that is cute. .and true to some extent.. BUT.. What about the low information patient who needs a compassion club to help them thru the journey.. (sounds goofy but there are many of those, trust me) If we are providing that service in our small town.. How would we also be able to be completely under the radar?

You can disseminate information and knowledge without telling a soul that you are growing anything.

There are many wild cards to getting busted like irate former spouses, snitches who do it for pay or to keep their own worthless hides out of jail etc. But keeping your mouth shut is the biggest part of staying safe.

If no one knows it's there who's going to turn you in?

I absolutely do not agree with your stance that if someone is raided that they brought it on themselves.. Thru loose lips or whatever..

My stance is that keeping things quiet only helps. Stop putting words in my mouth. My recommendation is that people not advertise, show off, or otherwise let anyone know they have a grow unless they are in a position to 'need to know'.

Now specifically WHAT is you objection to that?

Otherwise, thank you for your comments, and I feel mine were appropriate.

Dr. Bob

My stance is that keeping things quiet only helps. Stop putting words in my mouth. My recommendation is that people not advertise, show off, or otherwise let anyone know they have a grow unless they are in a position to 'need to know'.

Dr. Bob

. How are we supposed to educate ppl about the benifits of MM and stay completely silent about our MM use at the same time?

Dr. Bob

You don't have to look far to see or hear someone being abused by police in this state, it's well documented. You can believe the law man if you want, a lot of people do, without question. But is AFAIK there is no law saying we have to deny anything, no low profile requirements at all. Do you deny being a medical marijuana doc? Being a backseat driver is not helpful, as in countless posts saying the same thing. Your business is to certify patients, anything else is getting old, and certainly out of your field of expertise. And really it does not matter what you think in the cases your commenting on, does it?

People come here to talk and share, no one is asking for a nanny. You and "us" already have a deep financial divide, a medical divide, and probably a deep cultural one as well, your posts and the responses they get should be your clue........shredder

Well if you don't feel the comments are helpful or keep people safe, so be it. Tell you what, I'll stop working in Lansing to provide medical input, stop responding as a professional in the field to counter folks like Schuette and Jones, and the countless other things I do. All because you think rather than have a professional speak out in favor of the community, perhaps a patient that smokes or a caregiver might do a better job bonding with the non-smoking, uneducated in the ways of cannabis people that seem to collect in Lansing.

Why have a middle aged, non using physician promote cannabis access when we can have a dancing pot plant on the steps of the capital.

Thanks for clearing up the issue Shredder.

Dr. Bob

I'm sure they would love you in lansing, Dr Bob. I respect you as a professional in your field, and I think they may as well, after you meet them. Your medical experience in this field would help them. But when you give them advice in politics they may tell you to stop being patronizing and to mind your own business.

This is not a forum of robots that all agree on anything (you can find them if that floats your boat) for the most part we are patients and to a lesser degree growers. You are neither, correct? You are seen as an outsider full of helpful after the fact advice on how to avoid what already happened. Can you see where that gets old?

You can disseminate information and knowledge without telling a soul that you are growing anything.

There are many wild cards to getting busted like irate former spouses, snitches who do it for pay or to keep their own worthless hides out of jail etc. But keeping your mouth shut is the biggest part of staying safe.

If no one knows it's there who's going to turn you in?

You cant go to a compassion club speak like a knowledgeable grower and expect that anyone in that room will think of you as anything but a cg. i agree it is best to stay low key as possible, but even that doesn't assure your safety. Sadly a patient could turn you in, not spitefully but just out of fear and ignorance.

Perhaps a utility worker who smells it.. they could say it.. It is not concrete and if i have to take sides.. I will stand by pts and cgs..

i think for the most part you are right it can and does happen to lots of people and most think it won't happen to them but when we went to court are Lawyers told the judge just because you smell marihuana coming from someones house or a trash pull should not be the reason for a warrant any longer here in Mich

i think for the most part you are right it can and does happen to lots of people and most think it won't happen to them but when we went to court are Lawyers told the judge just because you smell marihuana coming from someones house or a trash pull should not be the reason for a warrant any longer here in Mich

That's for sure but it happens regardless of how silly it sounds they could screw ya because of the smell. Look at what happened to that poor father from up north just because they thought there was a smell of pot. It all comes down to where your at and who it is that you might have to interact with, city, township, county, all treat MM so differently through out the state.