Attorneys: Medical Marijuana Registrants Face 'selective Prosecution' By Federal Government

You just cant say it enough! LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!

We need to ride out the storm and than still only trust those that you know can be trusted, no one should know your business, Ive always been of the opinion that no one belongs in my grow, including the pt im growing for! thats me rite or wrong!

Peace

Jim

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one way.. And as Lt Gill told us at the judiciary committe meetings CI's are the main way that their Multi Jurisdictional task forces are able to illegally gain entry into the homes of legal pts and cgs.. I say legal because that is the impression the common man has about MM.. But we must recognize there are many many other ways..

A CI got access to the homes and grows of legal patients and cg. When I have a friend over, I don't invite them to my medicine cabinet and show off my pills. Why would a guest (not a patient) even know someone had a grow? Not like they are in the living room.

I think this just restates Jim's point. Don't show off, keep it quiet and legal.

Dr. Bob

The important thing about DC is that congress has to sign off on it. So the FEDERAL gov has acknowledged medical marijuana. That actually counts more in my book than adding a state.

Dr. Bob

First of all Dr. Bob congress never signed off on DC what they did is what they do best, THEY DID NOTHING!!! There was a timeline for congress to act and they didn't act on it so DC was able to implement their act without Federal interference. Now the Second beef I have is with your 100 plant warning to people, you and many others here are giving out false information on federal law!!! The Feds don't care if their is less than 100 plants in your grow, the first question they will ask you is. How long have you been doing this? Caregiver says 1 year, fed looks at 36 plants in your grow, takes 3 months to grow so they multiple 36x4 grows in a year now we have 142 plants in a years time and you are looking at a manditory 5 year Federal felony. The Federal prosecutor does not have to produce the plants as evidence in the court room, I know it doesn't sound fair or right but this is how it really works. Anyone growing is at risk of federal charges it doesn't matter that you stay under 100 plants, if the Feds want you they will get you..........that is the only thing you can be sure of with Federal Law.

don't know how legal co-op grows are, but I wouldn't chance it. my friend that is a fed says if you got more than 60 plants they are looking for you. and that they are trying not to bust legitimate patients, it's bad p. r.

yes he is a friend we grew up together. I'm not a cop that's fishing. it's all I can do to stay out of jail. if you remember I was the one waiting to get off probation to start growing.

Edited by cujo

First of all Dr. Bob congress never signed off on DC what they did is what they do best, THEY DID NOTHING!!! There was a timeline for congress to act and they didn't act on it so DC was able to implement their act without Federal interference. Now the Second beef I have is with your 100 plant warning to people, you and many others here are giving out false information on federal law!!! The Feds don't care if their is less than 100 plants in your grow, the first question they will ask you is. How long have you been doing this? Caregiver says 1 year, fed looks at 36 plants in your grow, takes 3 months to grow so they multiple 36x4 grows in a year now we have 142 plants in a years time and you are looking at a manditory 5 year Federal felony. The Federal prosecutor does not have to produce the plants as evidence in the court room, I know it doesn't sound fair or right but this is how it really works. Anyone growing is at risk of federal charges it doesn't matter that you stay under 100 plants, if the Feds want you they will get you..........that is the only thing you can be sure of with Federal Law.

I stand corrected on the DC issue, but my point was not just how they did it, but that it had to go past congress to do it- that is the take home message on DC. You are correct about the plant counts as well, there is a major jump in the penalty for 100 or greater plants, there is also a jump at 50. As for adding consecutive grows to the total, I am not sure about that, perhaps you can cite something. Again I am not a lawyer but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, nor have I heard of cases where they did that.

Dr. Bob

not true, maybe for you! but so untrue! yea there gonna charge me becuase i have 10 plants and been doing it since 09 1 or 2 plants every other week! there gonna add that up w/o proof? Get a life!

Peace

Jim

edit= man i must realy have forgotten everything ive learned a crop every 90 days(3 months)? um most of my strains are minimum 8 to 10 wks in budd(2 1/2 months), you putting your clones in budd as soon as they get roots?

Edited by phaquetoo

not true, maybe for you! but so untrue! yea there gonna charge me becuase i have 10 plants and been doing it since 09 1 or 2 plants every other week! there gonna add that up w/o proof? Get a life!

Peace

Jim

edit= man i must realy have forgotten everything ive learned a crop every 90 days(3 months)? um most of my strains are minimum 8 to 10 wks in budd(2 1/2 months), you putting your clones in budd as soon as they get roots?

The Feds don't play fair you know that Jim, the DEA has established the value of a plant and the time frame they feel to maturity, I don't make their guidelines Jim I just try to stay off their radar............there are many people sitting in the Federal Pen that were convicted with no evidence presented!!! Marc Emery to name one.

How long have you been doing this? Caregiver says 1 year, fed looks at 36 plants in your grow, takes 3 months to grow so they multiple 36x4 grows in a year now we have 142 plants in a years time and you are looking at a manditory 5 year Federal felony. The Federal prosecutor does not have to produce the plants as evidence in the court room, I know it doesn't sound fair or right but this is how it really works.

Well that is a big bowl of nonsense. I have never heard of such inanity.

Anyhow, you are right that 100 plants is not the cutoff. There is NO cutoff. Feds can do as they please. 5 plants or 500 plants, if they want to, can be charged federally. Fortunately, Barack Obama has protected patients and their basic caregiver from Federal prosecution if they are clearly and unambigiously following state law. I have yet to hear of one mere patient in the entire country convicted Federally since Obama has become President.

Anyhow, you are right that 100 plants is not the cutoff. There is NO cutoff. Feds can do as they please. 5 plants or 500 plants, if they want to, can be charged federally. Fortunately, Barack Obama has protected patients and their basic caregiver from Federal prosecution if they are clearly and unambigiously following state law. I have yet to hear of one mere patient in the entire country convicted Federally since Obama has become President.

Edited by restlesslegs

A CI got access to the homes and grows of legal patients and cg. When I have a friend over, I don't invite them to my medicine cabinet and show off my pills. Why would a guest (not a patient) even know someone had a grow? Not like they are in the living room.

I think this just restates Jim's point. Don't show off, keep it quiet and legal.

Dr. Bob

I did not say the CI's were not legal patients.. in fact quite often they are rats from our own side of the fence..

I did not say the CI's were not legal patients.. in fact quite often they are rats from our own side of the fence..

i agree

it's the first thing Leo say's to someone when they get busted (do you know anyone that also grows) if yes tell us and you can go Free thats what they asked us i said to them you want be to turn in another sick person they said yes i said we voted for this Law they just started laughing and said we didn't

Yes, and recommending a course of action that will keep you safe. Not my fault CI's get to grows, this is a way to avoid it. Are you having difficulty seeing that point?

Dr. Bob

The CI's dont have to see the grow to bring in the cops.. They just have to say.. I think these ppl have pot.. You are not very in touch with how this works..

No doubt but I always wonder when I read about these cases how did they find this out. What leads them to these people? I am legal and don't do things to attract attention and I am always curious as to how this happens to bring this down on the state level which leads the Feds into it.

The others explained it every single drug task force has been split off from local Sheriff direct Control with a Federal Agent in charge . They did this to stop local corruption from protecting local drug dealors and their sources . Receiving Federal Money is attached to participation .

In the old days they were often warned when Federal Operations were coming in as they would use local law enforcement for help . Sadly under the new stealthier system the problem is you now have local drug task forces that are answerable to nobody and operate under secrecy with officers masked in public with paramilitary training procedures that are strenuous on regular citizens let alone patients in their weakend states of health . We have seen death occur already . The AG has been so hostile to medical cannabis participants and involved in trying to overturn the vote of 2008 he has not led for proper reform and change in policy to reflect the need for patient safety .

Obviously there are many ways to find patients and caregivers . It seems that until legislators create a legal mechanism for every requirement of medical use that includes some sort of store front or safe market area for exchanges without limiting ones grow rights many believe there will be conflict that benefits certain parties at patient expense . They also need to reveiw weight limits that are constraining many patients abillity to properly treat their conditions , store for a non interupted supply and are very physically difficult for dehabillitated individuals to actually do in practice . All these complex rules are not proper for sick , disabled and dehabillitated individuals . Enforcement policies of laws should not focus on those that would exploit the cannabis ( they always did ) but on protecting and safely handling the patients that required it .

Edited by Croppled1

The others explained it every single drug task force has been split off from local Sheriff direct Control with a Federal Agent in charge . They did this to stop local corruption from protecting local drug dealors and their sources . Receiving Federal Money is attached to participation .

In the old days trafficers in drugs were often warned when Federal Operations were coming in as they would use local law enforcement for help . Sadly under the new stealthier system the problem is you now have local drug task forces that are answerable to nobody and operate under secrecy with officers masked in public with paramilitary training procedures that are strenuous on regular citizens let alone patients in their weakend states of health . We have seen death occur already . The AG has been so hostile to medical cannabis participants and involved in trying to overturn the vote of 2008 he has not led for proper reform and change in policy to reflect the need for patient safety .

Obviously there are many ways to find patients and caregivers . It seems that until legislators create a legal mechanism for every requirement of medical use that includes some sort of store front or safe market area for exchanges without limiting ones grow rights many believe there will be conflict that benefits certain parties at patient expense . They also need to reveiw weight limits that are constraining many patients abillity to properly treat their conditions , store for a non interupted supply and are very physically difficult for dehabillitated individuals to actually do in practice . All these complex rules are not proper for the sick , disabled and dehabillitated individuals .

Presumption of guilt until proven innocent mentality within our own community can hurt us

The way we are hurt is we lose our immunity at the discretion of the police instead of a Dr. The police letting the courts sort it out is the equivalent to them revoking your MM use.

The way we are hurt is we lose our immunity at the discretion of the police instead of a Dr. The police letting the courts sort it out is the equivalent to them revoking your MM use.

Agreed but for our own "people" assumptions that those who are arrested are guilty can lead to us having a bad rep. These boards are read by more then the MM community. Edited by restlesslegs

The CI's dont have to see the grow to bring in the cops.. They just have to say.. I think these ppl have pot.. You are not very in touch with how this works..

And you are being obtuse. So how do they know 'somebody' grows? That somebody told people they grew. Yes, we all know people that grow. Does that mean you somehow disagree with my recommendation to keep it quiet? Or that only growers and their patients should know about a grow? Or are you just trying to speak out against me because you don't agree with things? You know, stir up controversy when no controversy exists?

Dr. Bob

I was just trying to help you see that there are other ways this CI thing works.. You seem to present that there is only one way ppl get busted and that is very untrue.. What if perhaps a Person who is involved with a Compassion Club.,Say helping ppl to learn how to grow.. and then one of the ppl at the club told one of their friends.. "John" Sure helped me learn to grow.. then they tell their CI friend.. Remember Doc.. We are in the north.. its small towns up here.. Everyone knows Everyone else.. we still need to be pts and cgs.. Utter silence would impede the compassion clubs..