How To Invest In Legalized Marijuana

washtenaut

Mentor Capital is down lots and today the brokerages i contacted, have placed 'legal rentention' on the stock.  So lots of holders of mentor are seeking a broker to handle trades.  ML, Scottrade, Etrade are among those i know who have placed the stock on restriction, i.e, won't handle trades in it. Today it is $2.10 to 2.70, lilting, repetitive.   What i wonder is, who are the brokers sanctioning trades, and how does a guy find out so he can trade his shares?

grown in detroit and imported to :judge:  :hair:  canada on farm roads bordering northern michigan and canada--no checkpoints on farm field roads----9/11 was not dragged across a field so who watches farmfields?

and being no grow in houses allowed after april 1 in canada, biz is booming :bong7bp:  :dodgyrun:  :lolu:  :yahoo-wave:  :watching:  :gym:

lotsa news on the MNTR bhang factory yest.  (bhang is MNTR's main investment and primary product).  gotta figger out again how to post a link.  knuckldedragger here reporting ofr duty.   yest lo $1.45 to close $3.35 and technically, a huge key reversal, on record volume. within a month back at $9, so i say.  wtf!    when it's down i wish i didn't own it.  when it's up i shudda bot more.  darn humans.  my trades make a monkey's actions look positively pedantic.

but as chet says, Wall Street says marijuana in the us is a $50 billion biz. if MNTR just captures 3% of that, it makes $100 per share revenue for MNTR, so aat 3.35 it is cheep, and best of all, they send out free samples to shareholderz!**

Edited by pic book

This is like the Wild West in the stock market. It looks like people's perceptions about these stocks is driving a flood of hucksters, shysters, and Bernie Madoff types to pump and dump like there is no tomorrow. Some (like the head of Mentor Capital) have had run ins with the SEC in the past. This guy has been barred from operating in stock markets. Do some research on Chet Billingsley.

Marijuana stocks are really a crap shoot. You may be better off taking your money to Vegas.

chauncy: i do not consider my bux in mentor to be an investment. It was a well-reasoned roll of the dice with $1000 a half year back, for a .28 cent average per share 'stock' i picked up when mentor made the change to pot biz from early stage cancer drugs. I like everything pot, but chose to bet on mentor when they made that shift. OF COURSE, I HAD FOLLOWED THEM FOR 6 YEARS...so i have 6 1

/2 years of research into this bet...since Oct '13, mentor price appreciation has paid back the $1000 about fifteen times and i still own 11,000 shares worth $3.35 apiece. Easily could be worth zero any day, or $300K: my definition of a bet not an investment.

You are indeed correct to note that chet billingsly and his brother david (transfer agent) of harvard and west-point and federal security charges, are totally in charge of mentor. chet has his 5 million shares pledged not to sell for 3 years, as collateral for the $35 million dollar loan to mentor, which mentor invested in the bhang company. I regularly talk or hear from/with chet and haley, and the share registration company. It makes for getting, or intuiting--inside info legally. that is an INVESTMENT of time and phone calls TO ACQUIRE KNOWLEDGE, DRIFT AND EARLY WARNING, just like discussing odds daily with the best bookies in sports. where else can you spend $3.35 and only owning 1 share, get complete entre?
$3.35 buys 1 share and gets you the daily line on all things pot biz. the guys in the biz know the steers to bet, and not.
my shares of mentor are a bet, and not an investment--that would be Berkshire Hathaway, but i only pick pot stocks-it is the only biz i know, k-n-o-w, and follow daily every daily.
My investment advice is limited to telling you to buy 1 share and follow your company every day and your industry weekly.
and only bet your cig and monster and starbux $ only. you won't miss that $ if u lose it.

Edited by pic book

chauncy: i do not consider my bux in mentor to be an investment. It was a well-reasoned roll of the dice with $1000 a half year back, for a .28 cent average per share 'stock' i picked up when mentor made the change to pot biz from early stage cancer drugs. I like everything pot, but chose to bet on mentor when they made that shift. OF COURSE, I HAD FOLLOWED THEM FOR 6 YEARS...so i have 6 1

/2 years of research into this bet...since Oct '13, mentor price appreciation has paid back the $1000 about fifteen times and i still own 11,000 shares worth $3.35 apiece. Easily could be worth zero any day, or $300K: my definition of a bet not an investment.

You are indeed correct to note that chet billingsly and his brother david (transfer agent) of harvard and west-point and federal security charges, are totally in charge of mentor. chet has his 5 million shares pledged not to sell for 3 years, as collateral for the $35 million dollar loan to mentor, which mentor invested in the bhang company. I regularly talk or hear from/with chet and haley, and the share registration company. It makes for getting, or intuiting--inside info legally. that is an INVESTMENT of time and phone calls TO ACQUIRE KNOWLEDGE, DRIFT AND EARLY WARNING, just like discussing odds daily with the best bookies in sports. where else can you spend $3.35 and only owning 1 share, get complete entre?

$3.35 buys 1 share and gets you the daily line on all things pot biz. the guys in the biz know the steers to bet, and not.

my shares of mentor are a bet, and not an investment--that would be Berkshire Hathaway, but i only pick pot stocks-it is the only biz i know, k-n-o-w, and follow daily every daily.

My investment advice is limited to telling you to buy 1 share and follow your company every day and your industry weekly.

and only bet your cig and monster and starbux $ only. you won't miss that $ if u lose it.

I like your strategy. You are making informed bets. That is probably the best way to play Wall Street these days. I wish I had the guts to do it. I might dabble some in these stocks, but as you say, only with money I can afford to lose. What the he-ll fun is it if you don't gamble occasionally, eh?

How do you find reliable research on these stocks? Google?

How do you find reliable research on these stocks? Google?

what i do, along with my 3 brothers, is we buy one share of any weedies that look interesting and call up the managers/owners and run our mouths as a fellow shareholder----but listen 5 times as much as  we talk.

there is an opportunity to research mentor capital and taste the fruits of the companies labors.   this weekend at the denver cannabis high times cup their major investment, bhang chocolates, premiers cannibas chewing gum.  if the gum is poorly received, it is likely to depress mentor shares.

at $61, cnbc's jim cramer has GW as his favorite cannabis stock with price target of $103.  It's not a medical marijuana stock, cramer says, it's a real company with other divisions and a only slice of the company in the cannabis business.   disclosure: i own mentor shares and mentor owns a slice of GW.

oh man , after reading a bunch about tweed i'm sorry i was even interested in that company.

glad i didnt invest in them.

i think  the problem was i want to invest in legalized marijuana, but theres a lot of snake oil companies around.

Edited by t-pain

buy 1 share in each and follow------you get a free education by osmosis.  It is so much easier to take interest in the horses you bet on---it is super easy to follow the horses you are riding, and your cash risk is about a month's phone bill...

Edited by pic book