The Impact Of 4851, 4853, 4856, & 4834

Might have been on another thread.

Felons cannot be caregivers for others... if the felon was a violent or drug related crime. If it was a non-violent felony (there is a list of the violent ones), they can be caregivers 10 years after either the conviction or the end of supervision. I suspect the later but don't have the bill right in front of me. Say you got convicted of fraud and got 12 years in prison. I don't think you would qualify as soon as you got out. You would have to wait another 10 years, but if you have questions check the actual language of the bill.

All felons can grow their own however.

Yes, I'm next to Grow Mart among other places

Edited by Dr. Bob

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOT BEEN CONVICTED OF ANY

21 FELONY WITHIN THE PAST 10 YEARS AND HAS NEVER BEEN CONVICTED OF A

22 FELONY INVOLVING ILLEGAL DRUGS OR A FELONY THAT IS AN ASSAULTIVE

23 CRIME AS DEFINED IN SECTION 9A OF CHAPTER X OF THE CODE OF CRIMINAL

24 PROCEDURE, 1927 PA 175, MCL 770.9A.

And in your opinion, what does that mean Restless? Date of conviction or date of end of supervision? Looks like it might be date of conviction to me. That might mean someone is eligible to be a caregiver before they are released from prison.

Maybe Mal can give us his thoughts. Or CL.

Dr. Bob

conviction.

End of all penalties, probation etc were mentioned but conviction was their final resting place BY INTENT.

Intention of law written doesnt equal final interpretation as practiced or interpretted by Judicial. But... conviction is the intent with that language and i assume date of conviction will be used.

Edited by Malamute

conviction.

End of all penalties, probation etc were mentioned but conviction was their final resting place BY INTENT.

Intention of law written doesnt equal final interpretation as practiced or interpretted by Judicial. But... conviction is the intent with that language and i assume date of conviction will be used.

Outstanding, that clears that up.

Dr. Bob