The Impact Of 4851, 4853, 4856, & 4834

Happy holidays to you jim

I am a Vet so the V.A is were i go and they only let you see the Doc their 2 times a year and they send your pill''s in the mail

And my Hip Doc i also see but only 1 time a year and you just have to call in your pain pills and pick-up your Prescription from the office

I should have said this has nothing to do with vets, you guys get pooped on.....on a reg basis, its not something a person who is not a vet thinks about till it is pointed out to me/us!

Im sorry to hear that bob, you can go fight for our country, you can grow the amount of meds your supposed to, and yet you/vets get screwed the most!

Peace to You and Yours and All The Vets!

Jim

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have said this has nothing to do with vets, you guys get pooped on.....on a reg basis, its not something a person who is not a vet thinks about till it is pointed out to me/us!

Im sorry to hear that bob, you can go fight for our country, you can grow the amount of meds your supposed to, and yet you/vets get screwed the most!

Peace to You and Yours and All The Vets!

Jim

Thanks Jim and the same to you and yours

You are 1 of the few that has been supporting us from the start

and as far as being pooped one you are right if we could only get more people to feel as you do we wouldn't still in court

Because as we see it we are standing up for others that the courts will try to do the same too and they have Succeeded in most case's Despite what i read here that case are being dismissed all over this State

Our case is imported to this Community by that i mean if we are not legal then no one is

and how can they charge me with 21 plants and Torey with 21 plants

The last time i did any math that add up to 42 plants

and she only had 10 and i 11 the last supreme court ruling with the guy that they said had 88 well then everyone that had plants at that Location will be charged with 88???

Thanks Jim and the same to you and yours

You are 1 of the few that has been supporting us from the start

and as far as being pooped one you are right if we could only get more people to feel as you do we wouldn't still in court

Because as we see it we are standing up for others that the courts will try to do the same too and they have Succeeded in most case's Despite what i read here that case are being dismissed all over this State

Our case is imported to this Community by that i mean if we are not legal then no one is

and how can they charge me with 21 plants and Torey with 21 plants

The last time i did any math that add up to 42 plants

and she only had 10 and i 11 the last supreme court ruling with the guy that they said had 88 well then everyone that had plants at that Location will be charged with 88???

Constructive possession.

how can 2 people be convicted of stealing 1 car?

4856 started out with 'medical marihuana' in the draft

http://legislature.m...px?2011-HB-4856

thats where it started being confusing.

their intent in the first draft was to limit the mmma.

BUT, they used the term 'usable marihuana' from the mmma.

Sec. 474. (1) A person shall not transport or possess usable marihuana as defined in section 26423 of the public health code

from the act:

"(j) "Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant."

"usable marihuana" definition does not include the 'medical use' of marihuana.

if they used the term 'medical marihuana' i still dont think it would have applied to the mmma.

section 7 is very protective, bulletproof you might say.

see "7. Scope of Act"

under section "(e) All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided for by this act."

"acts inconsistent with this act"

the mmma states

"Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient ... shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner ... for the medical use of marihuana"

"(e) "Medical use" means the ... transportation of marihuana"

so unless 4856 changes the mmma, its 'inconsistent' and thus doesnt apply to the mmma.

i am no lawyer, dont take this legal advice.

Edited by t-pain

My felonys were 20 years ago and they were not violent or a drug related.

Will I have to prove they werent violent or drug related? Will I have to adress it at all?

Thanks

Wozer

The only way you will know for sure is to get your ICHAT report and see how the charges are spelled out.

Edited by Restorium2

Thanks Restorium. What exactly am I looking for? What wording?

Do I have to print anything off to have proof?

Thanks

Wozer

You would want to look at how your charges are worded to see if it's spelled out in a way that LARA will not say that they can't tell if you are eligible or not. They play stupid if your record isn't spelled out perfectly for them. It wouldn't hurt to take a look. Or you could just take your chances.

I've repeatedly seen people refer to locking their medicine in a case. Although locking the case is a plus, it is not required under the language passed by the legislature. Enclosed in a case is the only standard established in law; they do not define case, leaving that as a grey area.

Dr. Bob's insistence that physicians are the ones to make the determination of reasonable expectation for follow-up care has been borne out on the courts, at least lower courts. The Thomas case featured testimony from a Genesee County doctor who saw the patients once and made a second appointment for them in one year. The judge found that to be a credible definition of follow-up care, especially in light of the fact that the recommending doctor was not their primary care physician. He has advanced their case to a jury trial for a Section 8 defense. Although that 1 year period may not be an acceptable time for some physicians, the judge accepted the doctor's statement.