The Latest Lowell's Poll Question- Testing

Should testing of medical cannabis be mandatory for all marijuana intended for use by patients, or should it simply be available for those who choose to acquire tested medicine?

http://www.thecompassionchronicles.com/

The "Just-In" results blog with the outcome of last week's question will be posted later tonight.

What are you testing for and how are you going to do it in a way that makes any difference?

Answer that first.

The only way testing makes sense is for a patient to take something in and have it tested. You already have your answer because it is the only answer. We have been all over this subject and found that anyone but the person who asked for the testing couldn't trust the results, because anyone in between could swap tags/results around. Manipulate the results. There is no way to insure accountability in the process.

I like testing but the thought of it being mandatory is unacceptable.

On the surface it's a good point to debate, but sadly this "question," has typically been part of a larger narrative used by Pro Dispensary advocates as a way to differentiate what services they could comfortably provide versus a care giver. This aggravates me a great deal as it tends to color the care givers in a bad way.

I'm in no way inferring this is the case here, but saying for better or worse these two ideas have become synonymous in the community at this time.

I like testing but the thought of it being mandatory is unacceptable.

On the surface it's a good point to debate, but sadly this "question," has typically been part of a larger narrative used by Pro Dispensary advocates as a way to differentiate what services they could comfortably provide versus a care giver. This aggravates me a great deal as it tends to color the care givers in a bad way.

I'm in no way inferring this is the case here, but saying for better or worse these two ideas have become synonymous in the community at this time.

That is interesting, and I can understand how someone may arrive at this perspective. I do not view a "dispensary" and caregivers as having to be mutually exclusive, in fact they can not be in my opinion, but many seem to make the separation here. I suppose that may be out of the fear of big business interests displacing the caregiver system- that is something I am vehemently opposed to.

You are right in that most of the consistent testing is done in conjunction with what people typically call "dispensaries" and others are correct that the testing may not offer valuable information. It is the psychological satisfaction of knowing it was "tested" for many people.

This kind of a question can not cover the various methods and technology used for testing and what kind of information, that could be deemed valuable, for growers and patients. It does not work as well for those who are aware beyond just the basic concept of testing. I personally believe that most of it, particularly when people are concerned about the THC percentage, is a result of a misconception, if not ultimately a marketing scam.

If a patient has a established a good relationship with a caregiver and has success with what the caregiver is providing, the patient will, very likely, care less if it is tested.

Planet Green Trees did a series on testing and the various methods, last year, which can be listened to in the archives.

That is interesting, and I can understand how someone may arrive at this perspective. I do not view a "dispensary" and caregivers as having to be mutually exclusive, in fact they can not be in my opinion, but many seem to make the separation here. I suppose that may be out of the fear of big business interests displacing the caregiver system- that is something I am vehemently opposed to.

You are right in that most of the consistent testing is done in conjunction with what people typically call "dispensaries" and others are correct that the testing may not offer valuable information. It is the psychological satisfaction of knowing it was "tested" for many people.

This kind of a question can not cover the various methods and technology used for testing and what kind of information, that could be deemed valuable, for growers and patients. It does not work as well for those who are aware beyond just the basic concept of testing. I personally believe that most of it, particularly when people are concerned about the THC percentage, is a result of a misconception, if not ultimately a marketing scam.

If a patient has a established a good relationship with a caregiver and has success with what the caregiver is providing, the patient will, very likely, care less if it is tested.

Planet Green Trees did a series on testing and the various methods, last year, which can be listened to in the archives.

Who are you?

Last week you put up an illegal dispensary locator. Illegal, because if you need a locator it isn't your caregiver servicing you.

This week you ask a question that really isn't a question.

You are a major problem for the medical community. We are a tolerant lot. But there is a limit. We are not the Who's down in Whoville, and we will not sing for you when you attempt to steal from us. Find some other group to take advantage of.

For next weeks question maybe you could ask what we should do to anyone caught advocating for mandatory testing? Should they be tarred and feathered? Hung from the nearest bridge (ala Mexico), or just given a gentle but stern warning?

Tar and feather and lets get him in the octogan! :yahoo-wave::watching:

Peace

Jim

What are you testing for and how are you going to do it in a way that makes any difference?

Answer that first.

The only way testing makes sense is for a patient to take something in and have it tested. You already have your answer because it is the only answer. We have been all over this subject and found that anyone but the person who asked for the testing couldn't trust the results, because anyone in between could swap tags/results around. Manipulate the results. There is no way to insure accountability in the process.

Yea but you have to admit, the few out there able to test have thought of another way to make some cash off of c.g's/pt's, I have no prob with people making a living as long as it isnt to screw up the c.g pt system!

Peace

Jim

Yea but you have to admit, the few out there able to test have thought of another way to make some cash off of c.g's/pt's, I have no prob with people making a living as long as it isnt to screw up the c.g pt system!

Peace

Jim

The ONLY way they make money is screwing(us) up the caregiver patient model. The model doesn't need them so the try to hurt the model so it does need them. This is an attempt to make us need testing. If they make the case for testing they make the case that the original caregiver patient model is a failure. They step in and take over. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see who they are trying to steal from.

The ONLY way they make money is screwing(us) up the caregiver patient model. The model doesn't need them so the try to hurt the model so it does need them. This is an attempt to make us need testing. If they make the case for testing they make the case that the original caregiver patient model is a failure. They step in and take over. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see who they are trying to steal from.

That was my pointe, I guess your not used to my posting yet! I test mine every day, infact im testing some bho this morning, Id have to say use at your own risk, get compfy in front of a nice wide screen hook your self up with munchies and enjoy, you can check to see if you have any cracks in your eyelids, and just get an all out feel GOOD comfy day!

Peace

Jim

P.s I test mine every chance i get, whether I grow it or my c.g, it gets tested on a daily basis, for free! :yahoo-wave: from me and my pt!

Edit= pics below

I tested this batch last weekend, a lil keif hash, some keif and some bho, and some bud, it all passed the test!

oilt3.jpg

im testing this weekends batch as i type this, whoo hooo!

testingmybho.jpg

yup on a cigerette! it works believe me!

im gonna have to make me some vodka and pink lemonaid to get the sugar out of this jar lol!

timefornewbottlelol.jpg

Peace

Jim

Edited by phaquetoo

When we say it is all about money it is most def true when it comes to government, and greedy rich folks, Once you have a taiste of that ill gotten money, It is very hard If not impossible to give up! I would bet the farm big brother is going to get into the mm and/or mj for their own personal Gain! They can see what kinda of taxes have been paid in cali and colorado, washington,

Im pretty sure the Despense reality show out of cali Harbor side! Is mostly true, they owed big money to the state and county/city they ran a biz in, I remember one of the shows, they were going to be shut down if they didnt come up with either 1 or 10 mil (not sure), And from what they say only pts and c.gs work at harbor side, so I guess I dont care if they want to let the world see that they use mm while working, the manager/brother was always slanty eyed! (yea I know cali is a whole dif game) but the rest of the states are lookiing and not that many liberal states like cali!

I said I wasnt against any one making a living as long as it did not interfear with the pt c.g modle, imediatly the prices would go way up just for taxes, not that they have to, they could probably pay the taxes and only take a lil pay cut to get things rolling. Im afraid sooner not later the big money and government is gonna jump in head first to make the bulk of the cash. give pt growers and c.g's a hole lot more rules, to make it nearly impossible for us little guys to grow our own medicine, just like all my life, they cant find a way to tax me if i can do it at home. They will probably put a price on our product (after making us pay for testing)and than say that we have to pay so much per oz to our c.g's and the c.gs have to pay taxes on that much, whether their pts use that much or not!

the fight has jsut begun!

Peace

Jim

Mandatory testing is a false flag that has already been used to promote dispensaries and limit home growing in other states.

I notice the thread was started by a pro-dispensary entity, and is in fact a loaded question without a full range of answers. Agenda much?

we agree..... i did not even go vote on such a stupid question, people running illegal stores asking stupid questions,

Edited by cristinew