Civil Disobedience In Light Of Mcqueen

lawyercaregiver

Do you have a plan for how to do that?

No i'm working on one though.. Legal action is pretty much all they understand, but protesting court cases like crazy might help! I am going to start writing the court and attending court hearings, whenever i read about a case brought against a Patient or CG. that sounds like it was a legit medical situation, and let them know how i feel. After all they do prosecute in the name of THE PEOPLE, and i do not approve.

ganga show me where dispensaries are plain language in the law>?????

transfer is in the law ... caregivers are protected with transferring cannabis to the 5 patients that are registered to them ,, it is clear,

(e) "Medical use" is transfer

read 6 d caregiver can ONLY have 5 patients, quit making things up ,.. its over its the has law been that way from the beginning

I dont know how people get dispensaries is the plain wording of the law

when we had Ads for this law to be voted on,, they did not say dispensaries,, they said patient caregiver

and said NO dispensaries like California ,,

Edited by mibrains

Caregivers can assist no more than five patients. Michigan's law is also one of the few that also extends its protections to visiting seriously ill patients who are allowed to use medical marijuana in their home states. For more details, you can read the full text of both the law and accompanying regulations here.

right from MPP the people who wrote this law,, http://www.mpp.org/states/michigan/

A LEGISLATIVE INITIATIVE TO PERMIT THE USE AND CULTIVATION OF

MARIJUANA FOR SPECIFIED MEDICAL CONDITIONS

The proposed law would:

• Permit physician approved use of marijuana by registered patients with debilitating medical

conditions including cancer, glaucoma, HIV, AIDS, hepatitis C, MS and other conditions as

may be approved by the Department of Community Health.

• Permit registered individuals to grow limited amounts of marijuana for qualifying patients in

an enclosed, locked facility.

• Require Department of Community Health to establish an identification card system for

patients qualified to use marijuana and individuals qualified to grow marijuana.

• Permit registered and unregistered patients and primary caregivers to assert medical reasons

for using marijuana as a defense to any prosecution involving marijuana.

Should this proposal be adopted?

Yes

No

NO DISPENSARIES ARE WORDED IN THE BALLOT NONE

Edited by cristinew

You can ask MPP directly.

They have said there was no stipulation for dispensaries in our initiative because it was the Bush era when they wrote it and they feared the commercial aspect would not fly and bring more problems(at that moment) than was necessary to getting the law passed. They also say they were and are hoping that we can pass commercial operations in Michigan now since they were not added in our original law.

Now that doesnt mean that by "mistake" that some language in our current law might have allowed some type of protection for some type of commercial operation. With McQueen, some of the last doors for that opportunity have been shut and i am guessing the couple other will be shut too.

We shall see.

I wonder how many patients will find themselves displaced by this ruling. The dispensaries around me rarely ever had parking lots not full of cars. I wonder what those people do now? Obviously long term identifying a CG is the way to go, but it's going to be rough for a significant amount of patients for sometime.

I am not proposing waiting. I am proposing doing the thing we think should be done.

Personally, I think the next step should be 12 plants and 2.5 ounces for every adult. That is a legalization that would enhance the safety of medical marijuana patients and their caregivers. Heavy regulation of sales and commercial manufacturing does the opposite.

I could live with that proposal without any problems, whatsoever.

Matter of fact, I could even live with 2.5 oz and SIX plants per person.

Bite thou tongue!

;-p

I personally think a person should be able to grow as much and as often as they might choose to.

And I also believe we need to get a 'legalization law' that doesn't sell us down the river in terms of amounts of plants and oz's.

But it comes down to what the voters will accept as reasonable and what the politicians will not balk at if the 'legalization law' were to be voted in.

And whatever law we might get will certainly have limitations within it, and MJ WILL be regulated in one way or another, whether we like it or not... theres is no doubt of that and we will have to come to terms with that reality.

While wholeheartedly agree MJ should be legal, we already have a great law that just about anybody can find a way to be included in if they choose. We do not need full on legalization. I personally see many more restrictions placed upon us be even entertaining it.

If the 'medical marijuana legislation' is maintained AS IT STANDS now, 'why' and 'how' would 'full legalization' interfere with that MMJ law??

ganga show me where dispensaries are plain language in the law>?????

transfer is in the law ... caregivers are protected with transferring cannabis to the 5 patients that are registered to them ,, it is clear,

(e) "Medical use" is transfer

read 6 d caregiver can ONLY have 5 patients, quit making things up ,.. its over its the has law been that way from the beginning

I dont know how people get dispensaries is the plain wording of the law

when we had Ads for this law to be voted on,, they did not say dispensaries,, they said patient caregiver

I have no clue if you were talking to me, if not excuse my confusion. If you had quoted me, you may have noticed i started by saying "dispensaries be damned" you some how turned that into me wanting disp? I think your just aching for an argument? My concern , as i voiced it was for pts and caregivers. in case you don't know when someone says "darn (fill in the blank), or () be damned", its not a sign of support.

And Billy boy was saying yes there would be and they WOULD BE LEGAL and that we would NOT BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT....... That quickly changed didnt it?

I believe the original intent of this thread has gone off topic.

We have 2 options and one of the 2 is almost 2 years away (next Election). SO....

Our Move?

Beg, plead, and ask the legislation to not tweak our nipples any more? Personally, I am not fond of ANYONE trying to tweak me nipples, and when someone attempts it, they better be ready to kiss my neck as well.

Seems many want to wait till they are red and puffy, and will only start to complain once an ear lobe is bit. I ask, don't I look pretty?

So we can take this laying down and waiting for that titty twister, or Stand up like a bunch of big boys and girls, put on our OshKosh's and get to work taking out the trash.

IMO, its getting to darn stinky for me, I vote take out the trash.

Edited by zapatosunidos

Much more graphic than needed timmah, but in general, yes.

I would prefer the legislature just pee off and forget about us for a couple years. Leave our law alone. Just go away and fight over abortion and unions or something... ;-) (kidding but not)

So we will see. It seems many wish to attempt to get this basicly same legislature from last session to pass some sort of dispensary bill. That ooughtta work out great with this bunch of dillholes in Lansing who tried to royally screew our law last session.

I dunno.

We shall see. These dispensary guys got Sen Jones all concerned about testing dangerous marijuana now. See how that works out shall we?

it's not really an idea. It's pointing out a problem. LEO and the courts need to be better educated. that's the problem. We all knew that already. What we need is i

deas, and people, to solve the problem.

Section 8© allows a patient or caregiver to assert a patient’s medical purpose for using marijuana outside the context of criminal proceedings, but only as a defense to “disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau” or the “forfeiture of any interest in or right to property.” MCL 333.26428©.

I remember calling for some civil disobedience back in the day about KING vs MICHIGAN. All i got was a GIANT YAWN out of the group. Well here's my GIANT YAWN FOR MCQUEEN YAWN YAWN YAWN

I have not missed one rally in Lansing we need to regroup and Start as we were in 08-09

Too many chiefs not enough Indians

Edited by bobandtorey