Next Event @ The Capitol?

I don't get on here as much as I should, but I was wondering with all the new law changes-are there going to be any events-such as a march on the Capitol in Lansing?? I have gone to 2 of these events in the past and feel it helps not only the elected officals hear our voices/but shows the public we are not just a bunch of pot smoking hippies. I hope I haven't missed the post if there is one on this topic. I help with the www.nemicc.com website and enjoy getting the word out. Please feel free to stop by and visit the site. Northeast MI Medical Marijuana Compassion Club Website. Thank-you! kk

I don't get on here as much as I should, but I was wondering with all the new law changes-are there going to be any events-such as a march on the Capitol in Lansing?? I have gone to 2 of these events in the past and feel it helps not only the elected officals hear our voices/but shows the public we are not just a bunch of pot smoking hippies. I hope I haven't missed the post if there is one on this topic. I help with the website and enjoy getting the word out. Please feel free to stop by and visit the site. Northeast MI Medical Marijuana Compassion Club Website. Thank-you! kk

Does it help elected officials hear our voices as much, or more, or less than the union demonstrations helped their cause just weeks ago? Edited by CaveatLector

Does it help elected officials hear our voices as much, or more, or less than the union demonstrations helped their cause just weeks ago?

Perhaps, Cav, you could enlightenment us as to other methods that might 'get' our 'elected officials' to hear us.

Plans of action are always welcomed.

Does it help elected officials hear our voices as much, or more, or less than the union demonstrations helped their cause just weeks ago?

True but did you see how the union folks acted? Not that I am saying that is why they didnt listen to them but yea.....

They dont listen to the peoples voices because they dont care about the people. That is the real reason. If it makes people feel better about letting their voice be heard then good for them ( I am one of them by the way). The fact that the officials could care less about us.... is no reason not to go there.....Sometimes you just gotta make them deal with it.

Edited by ozzrokk

True but did you see how the union folks acted? Not that I am saying that is why they didnt listen to them but yea.....

They dont listen to the peoples voices because they dont care about the people. That is the real reason. If it makes people feel better about letting their voice be heard then good for them ( I am one of them by the way). The fact that the officials could care less about us.... is no reason not to go there.....Sometimes you just gotta make them deal with it.

Yes, I saw many act like thugs but that isn't the reason the legislators didn't listen to them. The fact is that the polls showed that the majority of Michiganders came out in favor of right to work.

I do think legislators realize that those gathering at the capitol are not necessarily representative of "the people." Or, for that matter, the legislator's constituency. People realize that a couple busloads of people coming in is not, by any means, representative of the entire state. I don't know what they are "dealing" with if you show up and shout. The reality is that the legislators are not "running scared" as someone used to constantly claim.

As for buddha's post, I don't feel like I should have to offer an alternative just to have a right to point out that protests have been useless. But, alas, I shall. I think you would be better off organizing grassroots efforts in your own community. Bring the message to different communities. Make it big news in the community. It spreads awareness right there. How many people are going to watch, and care, about a protest at the capitol (especially a small one) when they live in Port Huron, or Tawas, or Muskegon? Not as many as would care if the protest were right there at the Port Huron city hall. Or Muskegon city hall, etc. Let's face it, 100 people at the capitol doesn't have the same effect for locals as 100 on the city hall steps in Muskegon. Takes more time to have 100 different rallies but is likely more effective. Plus it allows people to attend that are local or regionally near the location rather than expecting people to take entire workdays off to drive 2 hours, or whatever, to Lansing.

Or, take your time to volunteer for charities under the name of your local compassion clubs. Spread goodwill.

Yes, I saw many act like thugs but that isn't the reason the legislators didn't listen to them. The fact is that the polls showed that the majority of Michiganders came out in favor of right to work.

Correct. That was the point I was trying to make way back when with the MMJ protests. The legislators had their mind made up about it and it was not the way people were dressed, etc. Now maybe you can see my point on that some years later

Correct. That was the point I was trying to make way back when with the MMJ protests. The legislators had their mind made up about it and it was not the way people were dressed, etc. Now maybe you can see my point on that some years later

I don't feel the legislators based their actions on how people dressed. I feel that the public perceives the goals of the protest based on what is said and how people dress. It's a public image/relations issue and not a legislator issue.

We have not lost 1,700,000 soldiers in afghanistan KB. If we had you better believe people would be flippin the F out! We are also drawing down in that war as we speak. It is over. Next.

I know those #,s were wrong . Problem learning new computer , has been edited . Next ? There are only a few countries left that are not part of the world bank system . I believe Korea & Iran are a couple of choices , take your pick .

SFC.... I like your energy and I like your authority that comes with your view and background as a whole. To tell you the truth your energy turns me on...but not in a sexual manner of-course.

It is very hard you see when 2 positives try to connect when the wiring is of a different material.... However once the minor resistance of the wires is complete your cord of power becomes longer. Are you talking with C? What are you going to do..

You cannot fight them off forever... Even though I know you will give them a run for their money wont you.

Cause I am crazy and I have a hunch... I am not worried with what goes on around me, I see you threw all of em.

I don't get on here as much as I should, but I was wondering with all the new law changes-are there going to be any events-such as a march on the Capitol in Lansing?? I have gone to 2 of these events in the past and feel it helps not only the elected officals hear our voices/but shows the public we are not just a bunch of pot smoking hippies. I hope I haven't missed the post if there is one on this topic. I help with the www.nemicc.com website and enjoy getting the word out. Please feel free to stop by and visit the site. Northeast MI Medical Marijuana Compassion Club Website. Thank-you! kk

I also think this would help and we our over due in a protest Lansing will be good but

We should hit the court houses and city halls acros the State lot of them at the same day

That would make the nightly news

They are not breaking unions to aid the common people of this state. The Republicans wish to simply lower wages by reducing the funding unions receive via dues, therefore diminishing some of the leverage unions have for negotiations. Remember, a high union wage in a region translates into better wages and working conditions for non-union workers in the region as well.

The Republicans current strategy towards mmj is similar to their efforts to stop abortion, restrict safe access until access is no longer feasible with reasonable effort.

Simply put, we, as a people, need to organize and vote out the people that would see our cause driven back underground. Maybe collect an extra 20 bucks in compassion club dues every year and arrange voter registration drivea. Maybe even provide a network of ride sharing to get people to the polls on election day. Once we can prove that we can bring votes to the table we will have better leverage to negotiate with rival legislators and embolden ones friendly to mmj.

Hic, I already have all the power I can handle. A true Elder does not seek power it finds him or her and flows thru.

Oh it's flowing alright but it's down the Toilet with Regards to the law if we don't do something

Soon their will be no or know law left as the way I see it and its only me most

don't agree

Look at it this way the SC could of did things better to help they need to no that